Join the Meeting Place for Moms!
Talk to other moms, share advice, and have fun!

(minimum 6 characters)

Mom Confessions Mom Confessions

to abort or to keep? **update am i stupid?**...*another update* how do i fix my life?

Anonymous
Posted by Anonymous
  • 229 Replies

Poll

Question: Read below first!

Options:

yes

no

Only group members can vote in this poll.

Total Votes: 240

View Results

*2cd update* still not 100% but if I keep the baby some serious changes have to happen...help me straighten out this mess I call my life! What should I do?*

**1st update** I think I want to keep the baby...not 100% yet am I crazy?*

*original post* I'm pregnant. I have a 4 year old and a 2 year old. I'm married. I'm a stay at home mom. My husband makes 2500 a month. We struggle each month with bills and basic necessities. We owe a lot of money to crediters. And financially we are irresponsible. Me and my husband fight a lot we are both physically abusive. He has a gambling addiction and alcohol addiction. We live in a small 2 bedroom apartment and we were trying our best to fix our credit and pay bills to get enough $ and buy a house. A new baby will mean that our other children will suffer. My daughter wants to do things like go to dance class or go to the beach and if we have another baby we will have to no do those things to save up $. Some will say I'm selfish for wanting to abort but I think I'm making a serious sacrifice for my family. Idk don't bash me I just need some guidance. I haven't told my husband. Truth be told I've seriously been thinking about leaving him. I am on birth control but some times I forget my pill. I havent been to a doctor I'm assuming I'm 4-6 weeks along. I don't work because minimum wage part time which I was doing barely pays for daycare. Oh and yes we have been in counseling this is who he is he will not change. These things didn't bother me till after we had kids. I thought he could put childish things away but he can't.

So the question is would *you* abort?
Posted by Anonymous on Jun. 4, 2012 at 2:23 PM
Add your quick reply below:
You must be a member to reply to this post.
Replies (1-10):
PortiaRose
by on Jun. 4, 2012 at 2:25 PM
12 moms liked this
I would. Some things are not meant to be. You can have other kids if need be. A fetus is a fetus and a baby is a baby. An abortion doesn't equal smothering a newborn.
Posted on CafeMom Mobile
PortiaRose
by on Jun. 4, 2012 at 2:26 PM
1 mom liked this
Oh, and if you wanna leave him, being pregnant AND broke would make it hard. Make an appt, get the money however, and abort.
Posted on CafeMom Mobile
azmomx3
by on Jun. 4, 2012 at 2:28 PM
14 moms liked this
Why is adoption not an option? Sometimes adoptive families are willing to pay your expenses.
Posted on CafeMom Mobile
Anonymous
by Anonymous on Jun. 4, 2012 at 2:29 PM
9 moms liked this

I am not trying to be ugly to you...But first you both need to grow up get a job you can work opposite shifts which will suck but you can do it, go back to school stop being abusive to each other and act like adults who have two children....I am not against abortion I am against idiots with kids that refuse to grow up. Personally I could never abort but in your situation it seems like the best option.

Anonymous
by Anonymous on Jun. 4, 2012 at 2:29 PM
1 mom liked this

I would never abort my baby.  I would try to work on my marriage and my situation.  And I would see how I could cut certain things out so I wouldn't struggle financially.

Kat1127
by on Jun. 4, 2012 at 2:29 PM
honestly if got pergnant again and didn't want to raise the child and for whatever reason my husband didn't want to take resonablity i'd put him/her up for aboption. I would not be able to go through an abortion knowing i'd be killing what is going to turn into a liveing human being... But we can not make that choice for you, you have to do what you feel is right. And i feel sorry for you coming on here and asking that question, i know i wouldn't do if it were me... Good luck...
Posted on CafeMom Mobile
KairisMama
by Emerald Member on Jun. 4, 2012 at 2:29 PM
1 mom liked this

If it were ME, I'd abort. That's me. You have to do what is right for YOU.

wkukid
by Ocean Wave on Jun. 4, 2012 at 2:31 PM
1 mom liked this
I don't believe in abortion unless under medical or rape circumstances so I couldn't, but this is kinda your choice to make.
Anonymous
by Anonymous on Jun. 4, 2012 at 2:31 PM

If you are financially struggling, how do you plan to pay for the abortion?

areles
by Platinum Member on Jun. 4, 2012 at 2:31 PM
2 moms liked this

yep, i would.

but i don't know why you put this here, unless you're a masochist who wants an inbox filled with:

"why weren't you on bc?"

"why would you kill an innocent little baby, you're selfish"

"why isn't adoption an option, think of all the women out there who can't have babies"

"you should keep your legs closed"

"why were you sleeping with / are married to a man like this in the first place?"

"you should have your other kids taken away"

etc etc etc etc etc

this is a private decision.  make it, either way.

Add your quick reply below:
You must be a member to reply to this post.
Join the Meeting Place for Moms!
Talk to other moms, share advice, and have fun!

(minimum 6 characters)