Join the Meeting Place for Moms!
Talk to other moms, share advice, and have fun!

(minimum 6 characters)

Mom Confessions Mom Confessions

Would you MAKE your spouse get a vasectomy if you both were done having KIDS?

Anonymous
Posted by Anonymous
  • 82 Replies
Would YOU?
Posted by Anonymous on Jun. 4, 2012 at 3:19 PM
Add your quick reply below:
You must be a member to reply to this post.
Replies (1-10):
MrsWilmot
by Bronze Member on Jun. 4, 2012 at 3:20 PM
No
Posted on CafeMom Mobile
jonellg
by on Jun. 4, 2012 at 3:21 PM

I don't make him do anything.

tiffanyv123
by Bronze Member on Jun. 4, 2012 at 3:25 PM
No.
Mine got his willing because of my medical issues it would have not been safe for me to get my tubes tied and we did not want to rely on other forms of birth control. But it is his body and if he did not want to I simply would have continued taking the pill.
Posted on CafeMom Mobile
missamanda86
by on Jun. 4, 2012 at 3:25 PM
2 moms liked this

Im not his mom...i dont make him do anything

Anonymous
by Anonymous 2 on Jun. 4, 2012 at 3:26 PM
In my state you both have to go to the consult and both have to sign that you agree to it..
Now to my story.. My DH got a vasectomy when he was with his ex wife bc she wanted no more kids. However they divorced a year later she had another child and my DH was not able to have anymore..
tisha826
by Tisha on Jun. 4, 2012 at 3:27 PM
No, its just easier for me to get my tubes tied. Were pregnant with our last child now. And since I have to have a c section, they'll just tye my tubes at the same time.
Posted on CafeMom Mobile
kLynch315
by on Jun. 4, 2012 at 3:28 PM
1 mom liked this
I wouldn't make him do anything...that's not a marriage. Luckily,dh knows the facts and will get it done on his own choice. It is cheaper, and less recovery time than getting tubes tied.
Salsacookies
by Gold Member on Jun. 4, 2012 at 3:28 PM
1 mom liked this

No. Once we found out that I was having twins and this would put our children at 3, my mom starts telling me that I should have SO snipped. I told him that if he wants to, I'll be supportive, but I'm not telling him that he has to. My mom has no business in our reproductive issues anyway.

fraujones
by Mommytron on Jun. 4, 2012 at 3:28 PM

No. What if I died and he decided he wanted a child with another woman? I think of these things. 

MicheleJM
by Phoenix on Jun. 4, 2012 at 3:29 PM

How do you make him do that: hold a gun to his head in the operating room?  Threaten divorce?

LOL my ex didn't want a vasectomy...I got my tubes tied.  So I guess my answer would be no.  I don't think a wife should force a husband to do anything with his body he doesn't want to.

Add your quick reply below:
You must be a member to reply to this post.
Join the Meeting Place for Moms!
Talk to other moms, share advice, and have fun!

(minimum 6 characters)