Join the Meeting Place for Moms!
Talk to other moms, share advice, and have fun!

(minimum 6 characters)

Mom Confessions Mom Confessions

Would you MAKE your spouse get a vasectomy if you both were done having KIDS?

Posted by Anonymous   + Show Post
Would YOU?
Posted by Anonymous on Jun. 4, 2012 at 3:19 PM
Replies (51-60):
mommy_me
by ~The Three B's~ on Jun. 4, 2012 at 3:59 PM

LMAO

I will not/can not MAKE my dh do anything.

No, if he didnt want one then we would take the appropriate steps IE bc to make sure another pregnancy doesnt happen

Anonymous
by Anonymous 6 on Jun. 4, 2012 at 4:01 PM

Rule here is that if last baby a section then I get tubes tied if not then he gets vasectomy. We settled it this way by what is least invasive and neither being a wimp.  Now if he doesn't want the V after baby 4, then that's fine because I want more kids than he does and no worries, we can afford about 6.

justgracie
by on Jun. 4, 2012 at 4:03 PM
1 mom liked this

I don't make him do anything.  It would annoy the life out of me to saddled with a man that weak.

Sept-babies2
by Platinum Member on Jun. 4, 2012 at 4:03 PM

nope 

Amy_M
by Gold Member on Jun. 4, 2012 at 4:04 PM

I can't and wouldn't want to force my husband to do anything.  That's not how our marriage works.  We have discussed this option and when we decide we are done having kids he will have the procedure done when he feels ready to do it.

Decker
by Silver Member on Jun. 4, 2012 at 4:04 PM

I wouldn't MAKE him but he did. He and I both agreed that since I had to go through childbirth he could go through a vasectomy, plus it is A LOT safer on his end then it is on mine

itsm3
by Platinum Member on Jun. 4, 2012 at 4:06 PM

i would never.  we're finished having kids but we just use condoms.  we're very careful and altough condoms aren't 100% effective, it hasn't failed us so far.  

i know some women who tell their husbands to get snipped or no sex which IMO isn't fair.  just use a condom!

visit me at my blog:  vodka and soda | www.lifeinprogress.ca

i'm charting my progress of the 30-day shred  |  journey to a healther me

littleacorn
by on Jun. 4, 2012 at 4:07 PM
If I could, I would, but I don't have that kind of authority over him.
Posted on CafeMom Mobile
Dextons_Mommy
by on Jun. 4, 2012 at 4:08 PM
Of course not, I am his wife, not his mother, I don't MAKE him do anything. However, we've had this discussion and he decided he would get one since it's an easier recovery for the guy. We even went over the "what if's." What if (God forbid) I died or we divorced? Would he want to have kids if he got remarried? He said no, he's done having kids regardless, so he wants a vasectomy so I don't have to continue taking the pill for the guy next 20 years.
Anonymous
by Anonymous 7 on Jun. 4, 2012 at 4:09 PM

no. in fact I wouldn't let him. just for the simple fact, I have known way too many people who thought they were done, got it done, and later regretted it. we don't know what the future will bring. just because a couple is done having kids together, doesn't mean that they are done period. so many people end up getting divorced or widowed and remarried. then want to have children w/ their new spouse. if me and my husband decided we were done, neither 1 of us would get anything done permanently. there are tons of temporary bc options out there that we can use that would work just as well. we have already discussed this and we both agree w/ this. neither 1 of us want to do something that we might later regret.

Add your quick reply below:
You must be a member to reply to this post.
Join the Meeting Place for Moms!
Talk to other moms, share advice, and have fun!

(minimum 6 characters)

close Join now to connect to
other members!
Connect with Facebook or Sign Up Using Email

Already Joined? LOG IN