Join the Meeting Place for Moms!
Talk to other moms, share advice, and have fun!

(minimum 6 characters)

Mom Confessions Mom Confessions

Let's take a look at U.S. Education VS. The rest of the world....What's going wrong here?

Posted by on Jun. 4, 2012 at 4:50 PM
  • 35 Replies

U.S. Education versus the World via Master of Arts in Teaching at USC

by on Jun. 4, 2012 at 4:50 PM
Add your quick reply below:
You must be a member to reply to this post.
Replies (1-10):
couponluv72
by on Jun. 4, 2012 at 4:54 PM
3 moms liked this

the no child left behind program has harmed our school system more than its helped

areyouatroll
by on Jun. 4, 2012 at 4:55 PM
Please summarize, I'm mobile.
Posted on CafeMom Mobile
Anonymous
by Anonymous 1 on Jun. 4, 2012 at 4:57 PM
3 moms liked this
Welp, according to cafemom statistics, Ppl. Are content being sahm's on PA...and according to the "Race" statistic floating around ... 0% of cafemom members in this group are asian

Maybe they're busy being productive and not "rate me" or letting strangers determine thier fetal fate
Posted on CafeMom Mobile
lilfishbigocean
by on Jun. 4, 2012 at 4:57 PM

I read an article a few days ago about how in China they only give the "smart kids" air conditioning. Hmmm...

momo3fgr8tteens
by Ruby Member on Jun. 4, 2012 at 5:00 PM

People in this country don't value education as much as they do in many other countries. It is more important for kids here to wear designer clothes and shoes than to achieve educationally. Some of the statistics are a bit skewed as well. In many countries only the top % of kids take the tests they are using for comparison while in the US it is based on total population usually. Just some information I have learned when studying the educational systems of other countries. 

bchic24
by Gold Member on Jun. 4, 2012 at 5:01 PM

lol my child will be attending school in the UK as of right now. Unless we move again in the next few years.

LucyMom08
by BS Intolerant on Jun. 4, 2012 at 5:01 PM
2 moms liked this
No child left behind left most of them behind. Teachers can't teach to learn anymore, it's all about numbers on standardized tests, and there are many who feel entitled...
Posted on CafeMom Mobile
lovinglife0682
by on Jun. 4, 2012 at 5:02 PM
1 mom liked this
When people realize other countries only teat their college bound students, and america tests every single student they will have a better understanding.
Anonymous
by Anonymous 2 on Jun. 4, 2012 at 5:04 PM

Schools need to stop addressing social issues and parenting our children and focusing on a core curriculum instead of sports and ethics.  Parents need to step up and start parenting instead of simply giving birth and allowing children to raise themselves. 

elleinady
by on Jun. 4, 2012 at 5:04 PM

Quoting lovinglife0682:

When people realize other countries only teat their college bound students, and america tests every single student they will have a better understanding.

Um no. Wrong.

Add your quick reply below:
You must be a member to reply to this post.
Join the Meeting Place for Moms!
Talk to other moms, share advice, and have fun!

(minimum 6 characters)