Join the Meeting Place for Moms!
Talk to other moms, share advice, and have fun!

(minimum 6 characters)

Mom Confessions Mom Confessions

Let's take a look at U.S. Education VS. The rest of the world....What's going wrong here?

Posted by   + Show Post

U.S. Education versus the World via Master of Arts in Teaching at USC

by on Jun. 4, 2012 at 4:50 PM
Replies (11-20):
Anonymous
by Anonymous 1 on Jun. 4, 2012 at 5:05 PM
3 moms liked this
Americans dont give a shit about educating or learning. All they care about is drama.

Example: I made a post that said " i have heart disease ask me anything "... hoping to open womens eyes and inform women...considering its the number ONE killer in women. I was using the floor as an educational tool. I got 6 replies..

The same day..someone makes a post "im boinking the tball coach" and THAT gets over 1000 replies.

Maybe i shouldve headlined "Im boinking my cardiologist"...
Posted on CafeMom Mobile
momo3fgr8tteens
by Ruby Member on Jun. 4, 2012 at 5:05 PM
1 mom liked this

And if you have an education and decide to have a career than you shouldn't have kids according to Cafemom members. 

Quoting Anonymous:

Welp, according to cafemom statistics, Ppl. Are content being sahm's on PA...and according to the "Race" statistic floating around ... 0% of cafemom members in this group are asian

Maybe they're busy being productive and not "rate me" or letting strangers determine thier fetal fate

moosesmom
by Ruby Member on Jun. 4, 2012 at 5:06 PM
"People in this country don't value education..." that sums it up. We take education as well as everything else for granted.

Quoting momo3fgr8tteens:

People in this country don't value education as much as they do in many other countries. It is more important for kids here to wear designer clothes and shoes than to achieve educationally. Some of the statistics are a bit skewed as well. In many countries only the top % of kids take the tests they are using for comparison while in the US it is based on total population usually. Just some information I have learned when studying the educational systems of other countries. 

Posted on CafeMom Mobile
Anonymous
by Anonymous 3 on Jun. 4, 2012 at 5:07 PM

But wait if you have kids at 16 and you are on Cafemom then you most likely have a job and are financially secure, making good money and don't need an education. 

rphardwick
by Silver Member on Jun. 4, 2012 at 5:09 PM

This is what I heard as well. We offer free public school as well, and some countries do not .. only the privileged get to go to school. I hate to stereotype here but typically those privileged kids come from a decent intellectual gene pool. Which also explains why we spend more on education ... unless thats counting tuition the parents pay and not just the governments cost as well.

Quoting lovinglife0682:

When people realize other countries only teat their college bound students, and america tests every single student they will have a better understanding.

momo3fgr8tteens
by Ruby Member on Jun. 4, 2012 at 5:09 PM

Yes, that is sad. I made a post about about something to do with education once and got about 5 replies but the one about cheating and getting pregnant got over 1000. 

Quoting Anonymous:

Americans dont give a shit about educating or learning. All they care about is drama.

Example: I made a post that said " i have heart disease ask me anything "... hoping to open womens eyes and inform women...considering its the number ONE killer in women. I was using the floor as an educational tool. I got 6 replies..

The same day..someone makes a post "im boinking the tball coach" and THAT gets over 1000 replies.

Maybe i shouldve headlined "Im boinking my cardiologist"...

acaisha
by Gold Member on Jun. 4, 2012 at 5:09 PM

um thats not true.. I live in Canada and they do testing every year in every grade to see where the kids place

Quoting lovinglife0682:

When people realize other countries only teat their college bound students, and america tests every single student they will have a better understanding.

Anonymous
by Anonymous 4 on Jun. 4, 2012 at 5:15 PM

What's wrong?? The government puts educational funding on the BACK BURNER for one. NCBL has done FAR MORE harm than good. Many districts deal with OVER CROWDED classrooms and limited supplies.

Oh and those certain parents not giving a crap about educaton, and not working with their kid at HOME is also NOT helping.

momo3fgr8tteens
by Ruby Member on Jun. 4, 2012 at 5:23 PM
1 mom liked this

This is true. They have to teach exactly what is on the test and can only spend the given amount of time allotted by the school district to teach a certain skill. If the majority of the kids still don't understand it you have to move on and they are SOL. 

Quoting LucyMom08:

No child left behind left most of them behind. Teachers can't teach to learn anymore, it's all about numbers on standardized tests, and there are many who feel entitled...

AdellesMom
by on Jun. 4, 2012 at 5:23 PM
Bump
Posted on CafeMom Mobile
Add your quick reply below:
You must be a member to reply to this post.
Join the Meeting Place for Moms!
Talk to other moms, share advice, and have fun!

(minimum 6 characters)