Join the Meeting Place for Moms!
Talk to other moms, share advice, and have fun!

(minimum 6 characters)

Mom Confessions Mom Confessions

I just reported the daycare on the next street.

Anonymous
Posted by Anonymous
  • 39 Replies

It is a licensed daycare run out of her home, though she has slapped a silly little name on it to appear more professional. I can see her back yard from my front yard and almost every day I hear her yelling, screaming and sometimes even cursing at these little kids. I've tried to ignore it even though I've had thoughts of just waiting in the parking area and telling parents as they drop off their kids. 

Well today I was out front and yet again, I hear her screaming. I look over to her her charge off of the porch like a raging bull, go across the yard, push one little girl out of the way, and snatch up a young boy (about 7). She pulls him back to the porch. He is upright but dragging behind her, looking like she's going to rip his arm off. She pulls him up the ramp and shoves him in to the sitting position. All the while still screaming at him. That was it for me. I called and reported her. It isn't appropriate to treat any child that way but it sure as shit shouldn't be happening in a daycare setting. 

Posted by Anonymous on Jun. 5, 2012 at 6:02 PM
Add your quick reply below:
You must be a member to reply to this post.
Replies (1-10):
CheesyKitty
by on Jun. 5, 2012 at 6:03 PM
3 moms liked this
Good for you. Not appropriate.
Posted on CafeMom Mobile
MommySwiggles
by Gold Member on Jun. 5, 2012 at 6:03 PM
How sad :-(
Posted on CafeMom Mobile
acrogodess
by Ruby Member on Jun. 5, 2012 at 6:03 PM
Good. I've been a home child care provider. I would never put my hands on someone else's child in such an aggressive manner much less scream and curse at them
Posted on CafeMom Mobile
AEP210
by Silver Member on Jun. 5, 2012 at 6:04 PM
1 mom liked this
Wow good for you. I hope they shut her ass down
Posted on CafeMom Mobile
ktinaza
by on Jun. 5, 2012 at 6:05 PM
Good...I would be so thankful for you if one of those kids were mine
Posted on CafeMom Mobile
SDarvasi
by on Jun. 5, 2012 at 6:06 PM

I can't wait to find out what the parents do when they find out how horrible the care they paid for, was!

Sassy762
by CAFE SASSY HBIC on Jun. 5, 2012 at 6:06 PM
1 mom liked this

I would sit outside her house and wait for  the parents to come and pick up their children and let them know exactly what she does also

kattu
by on Jun. 5, 2012 at 6:06 PM
Wow. Keep us updated.
Posted on CafeMom Mobile
Anonymous
by Anonymous 1 - Original Poster on Jun. 5, 2012 at 6:07 PM

I do home daycare as well and I think that may be why I hesitated when it was just a lot of yelling. I didn't want to come across as I was just trying to steal her business. But seeing something physical just pushed me over the edge. i started walking over there but stopped myself. 

Quoting acrogodess:

Good. I've been a home child care provider. I would never put my hands on someone else's child in such an aggressive manner much less scream and curse at them

JustCJ
by ~yeerp~ on Jun. 5, 2012 at 6:08 PM
Should have video taped it on your phone.
Posted on CafeMom Mobile
Add your quick reply below:
You must be a member to reply to this post.
Join the Meeting Place for Moms!
Talk to other moms, share advice, and have fun!

(minimum 6 characters)