Join the Meeting Place for Moms!
Talk to other moms, share advice, and have fun!

(minimum 6 characters)

I just reported the daycare on the next street.

Posted by Anonymous   + Show Post

It is a licensed daycare run out of her home, though she has slapped a silly little name on it to appear more professional. I can see her back yard from my front yard and almost every day I hear her yelling, screaming and sometimes even cursing at these little kids. I've tried to ignore it even though I've had thoughts of just waiting in the parking area and telling parents as they drop off their kids. 

Well today I was out front and yet again, I hear her screaming. I look over to her her charge off of the porch like a raging bull, go across the yard, push one little girl out of the way, and snatch up a young boy (about 7). She pulls him back to the porch. He is upright but dragging behind her, looking like she's going to rip his arm off. She pulls him up the ramp and shoves him in to the sitting position. All the while still screaming at him. That was it for me. I called and reported her. It isn't appropriate to treat any child that way but it sure as shit shouldn't be happening in a daycare setting. 

Posted by Anonymous on Jun. 5, 2012 at 6:02 PM
Replies (31-39):
Lucky2haveLiam
by on Jun. 8, 2012 at 6:45 AM

Good for you I would have reported it also, I don;'t agree with the screaming really either but putting your hands on a child aggressively, especially some one else's child is a whole other ball game.

smurfbitebug
by on Jun. 8, 2012 at 6:46 AM
Uncalled for.

Quoting Anonymous:

This is why I raise my own children. No one will ever care for them the way I do.
Posted on CafeMom Mobile
LoveMyLos
by on Jun. 8, 2012 at 6:56 AM

she should video tape it as proof for the parents. what a bitch. i work in a daycare and we would be fired on site for even raising our voices at them. 

Quoting Sassy762:

I would sit outside her house and wait for  the parents to come and pick up their children and let them know exactly what she does also

LoveMyLos
by on Jun. 8, 2012 at 7:01 AM

maybe, but its true. these days daycares aren't like they used to be. im sure this shit still went on, but not like today it didn't. it is very hard to find someone to care for our kids while we work and not worry about missing something in a referal, or a backround check, or just someone who was cleared but has anger issues and such. 

neither one of my kids have ever been in a daycare for these same reasons, but when i started working in the daycare im in, my dd, 18 months, goes with me and is in the toddler room. the women in there are amazing. theyre older, more experienced and love the kids. now if you were to go to the 3 and up room...you would be mortified. therefore when she is out of the toddler room, i will be finding a family member to watch her at home. 

its a fucked up world now!

Quoting smurfbitebug:

Uncalled for.

Quoting Anonymous:

This is why I raise my own children. No one will ever care for them the way I do.

smurfbitebug
by on Jun. 8, 2012 at 7:11 AM
No I understand why you would be careful or just plain not want them in daycare. I completely understand all that.

What was uncalled for, was the way she said it. Argumentative, biased, untrue. Day cares don't "raise" children. It's a bad argument, and wasn't called for in this thread.

If she had left it at, "that's why I don't trust daycares. They can't/won't/don't care for my children like I can/do" Or something, it would have been different.

Quoting LoveMyLos:

maybe, but its true. these days daycares aren't like they used to be. im sure this shit still went on, but not like today it didn't. it is very hard to find someone to care for our kids while we work and not worry about missing something in a referal, or a backround check, or just someone who was cleared but has anger issues and such. 

neither one of my kids have ever been in a daycare for these same reasons, but when i started working in the daycare im in, my dd, 18 months, goes with me and is in the toddler room. the women in there are amazing. theyre older, more experienced and love the kids. now if you were to go to the 3 and up room...you would be mortified. therefore when she is out of the toddler room, i will be finding a family member to watch her at home. 

Quoting smurfbitebug:

Uncalled for.

Quoting Anonymous:

Posted on CafeMom Mobile
LoveMyLos
by on Jun. 8, 2012 at 7:39 AM

i guess technically they don't. but the daycare im in, the kids in my classroom are there from 730am until almost 6pm. we have them all day, mon thru friday. i know most of the parents work, there are a few that just drop their kids off bc they don't want to deal with them. 

i refused a full time posotion and a raise bc i don't want my dd being a daycare baby. i told them i only will work up to 6 hours a day. its just too long of a day for MY dd to be in a daycare. and in my opinion too long of day for all those kids, but you have to do what you have to to make ends meet. 

so in a way, we are kind of raising the kids, ya know? but i know what youre saying.

Quoting smurfbitebug:

No I understand why you would be careful or just plain not want them in daycare. I completely understand all that.

What was uncalled for, was the way she said it. Argumentative, biased, untrue. Day cares don't "raise" children. It's a bad argument, and wasn't called for in this thread.

If she had left it at, "that's why I don't trust daycares. They can't/won't/don't care for my children like I can/do" Or something, it would have been different.

Quoting LoveMyLos:

Quoting smurfbitebug:

Uncalled for.

Quoting Anonymous:

smurfbitebug
by on Jun. 8, 2012 at 7:52 AM
Yes, I know what you mean. And at first glance even I had a little urge to agree. (Maybe because I'm also a SAHM who didn't want her child in daycare? Maybe because it just made sense...at the surface?) But the parents are still the ones that are providing for them, instilling their values in them, and molding them into who they need to be as adults.
Sadly, not every parent does take it seriously. But the majority, I would like to think, do.

And while daycare does provide a lot of care, and has its benefits and downsides, and the daycare provider can become like family to a LO, it still doesn't cover all the bases for "raising" the children. The parents (the good parents, who again, I would like to think are the majority) work very hard at raising them and all that entails, while also trying to balance work. That does deserve some respect, and can't be written off so easily as to say the daycare raises their kids.

Quoting LoveMyLos:

i guess technically they don't. but the daycare im in, the kids in my classroom are there from 730am until almost 6pm. we have them all day, mon thru friday. i know most of the parents work, there are a few that just drop their kids off bc they don't want to deal with them. 

i refused a full time posotion and a raise bc i don't want my dd being a daycare baby. i told them i only will work up to 6 hours a day. its just too long of a day for MY dd to be in a daycare. and in my opinion too long of day for all those kids, but you have to do what you have to to make ends meet. 

so in a way, we are kind of raising the kids, ya know? but i know what youre saying.

Quoting smurfbitebug:

Quoting LoveMyLos:

Quoting smurfbitebug:

Uncalled for.

Quoting Anonymous:

Posted on CafeMom Mobile
zianneaaliyah
by 4ever LMFAO on Jun. 8, 2012 at 7:55 AM

She's an idiot. 

Anonymous
by Anonymous on Jun. 8, 2012 at 7:57 AM
I would have recorded it made DVDs and handed them out to the parents and report her!
Add your quick reply below:
You must be a member to reply to this post.
Join the Meeting Place for Moms!
Talk to other moms, share advice, and have fun!

(minimum 6 characters)

Featured