Join the Meeting Place for Moms!
Talk to other moms, share advice, and have fun!

(minimum 6 characters)

Mom Confessions Mom Confessions

omg so tired of my mom smothering me over this baby!

Posted by on Jun. 5, 2012 at 9:07 PM
  • 17 Replies
I'm 40 weeks and 4 days about..and for MONTHS my mom has been suffocating me over being with me during labor…I say no! I hired a doula and I have dh there too, its a personal time to me and I'm having a natural birth again, but this time at the hospital since dh doesn't feel comfortable with homebirth.
With my dd5 I didn't call my mom to say baby was born until about 9am and she was born at 5:22am. That's not a huge gap! Jesus! Can I get some family time??
Now she's trying to be in the waiting room...she works for the hospital so I know she's gonna try to shove her way into the room during my most difficult times! Gah!
Is it so wrong to want to call her the next day or morning after? Its not like I'm calling anyone else first! She thinks my dad is so rude because he says he will come the next day or give me a few days to heal u know? Which is great! She's so damn pushy!
I don't want to hurt her feelings but while I've been writing this she text me 4x saying she will pick up dd5 when I go into labor, cool. Except she knows I'm so excited to show dd5 her new brother...alone. and of coarse she will be there...ugh!! I need family time! Back the hell off woman! Do I have to be mean?
Posted on CafeMom Mobile
by on Jun. 5, 2012 at 9:07 PM
Add your quick reply below:
You must be a member to reply to this post.
Replies (1-10):
MOMMY2ACR
by Gold Member on Jun. 5, 2012 at 9:11 PM
You may have to be mean :/ sometimes I think it's ok to come across as mean to get your voice heard in situations like this. I'm dreading my delivery of our newest addition bc I will have no family in the delivery room or in my recovery room until a good amount of time after the baby is born. I'll probably have to be mean about it lol
Posted on CafeMom Mobile
weezer_cookie
by Platinum Member on Jun. 5, 2012 at 9:12 PM
2 moms liked this
Your body. Your baby. She needs to respect that.
Posted on CafeMom Mobile
ccnstanczak
by Gold Member on Jun. 5, 2012 at 9:14 PM

she is excited but she needs to respect your wishes. you dont have to be mean but you have to be perfectcly clear about what you want. good luck.

skittlebeans88
by Platinum Member on Jun. 5, 2012 at 9:14 PM
You'll have to be a little mean. :/
Posted on CafeMom Mobile
KrissyKC
by Platinum Member on Jun. 5, 2012 at 9:15 PM

I'm having a small issue with MIL.   I told her they would probably induce the 19th-20th, and that she could come down LATER in the week or the weekend (it's a 5 hr drive one way!) because I am not up for her staying at the hospital ALLLLLL day.    It's not like she's going to drive 10 hours just to visit for an hour or two.   But I don't want her there at the birth or even right after...

well, she forgot the dates and made plans the 21st thru the 25th, and now she is really pushing to let her come down the 19th and 20th...  I won't have even delivered yet!

Yes, sometimes we have to just lay down the law and say NO, I'm not accepting visitors the first day!

MrsWhite101610
by Gold Member on Jun. 5, 2012 at 9:16 PM
She sounds like my mom. She was pushy to be in the room when I had dd, I gave in. She was pushy when my sister had her baby and was texting me bitching because my sister had me in the room with her. I was like come on she wanted me there stop texting me nasty shit. After the baby was born mom was fine. Crazy woman.

Good luck with your mom.
Posted on CafeMom Mobile
bustybee
by Buzz Lightyear on Jun. 5, 2012 at 9:17 PM

I had my mother in the delivery room with my first 2 but not with #3.... #3 was the best delivery, so much less stress. so I understand. either ignore her and do what you were planning on doing or be mean. either way should have the desired effect

AdellesMom
by on Jun. 5, 2012 at 9:19 PM

You may have to be a little mean. Sometimes, that's the only way some people will get the point.

LadyBugMom09
by Platinum Member on Jun. 5, 2012 at 9:20 PM
2 moms liked this
Try to put yourself in her shoes. I think it's a huge blessing that you still have a mom and that she's so excited. Just try to compromise. Ask her for at least one hour of family time and then she can come in. I'm sure when your kids have babies you're going to want to be involved somehow too. I knnow it's hard, but we are all going to be where your mom is now.

Good luck.
Posted on CafeMom Mobile
Aspirel
by on Jun. 5, 2012 at 9:21 PM

At least she cares about your children and is excited for them and you. Could be a lot worse,you could be all alone in labor with no one giving a fuck. Yeah its a pain,but it sounds like it is out of love.

Add your quick reply below:
You must be a member to reply to this post.
Join the Meeting Place for Moms!
Talk to other moms, share advice, and have fun!

(minimum 6 characters)

close Join now to connect to
other members!
Connect with Facebook or Sign Up Using Email

Already Joined? LOG IN