Join the Meeting Place for Moms!
Talk to other moms, share advice, and have fun!

(minimum 6 characters)

Mom Confessions Mom Confessions

Scolding random strangers?

Posted by on Jun. 5, 2012 at 9:28 PM
  • 13 Replies
2 moms liked this

If I see you eating McDonalds would it be okay for me to walk up and start telling you what a bad person you are for eating it. Should I tell you all the harmful side effects of the food in which you are choosing to eat?

How about your gas guzzling, polluting car?

How about the toys you are choosing for your child that are made in China?

The paint you choose?

How about the alcohol you are ingesting?

What about discussing your exercise regiment?

Oh, your not okay with random strangers walking up to you and telling you how you should live your life in a free country? That would piss you off?

Now you know how I feel every time strangers walk up to me to discuss my decision to smoke. How about you just shut up and mind your own business. I swear the next person who does it is going to end up with my fist in their face. I don't smoke around my kid and I go out of my way to go places where I am not bothering them. Therefore it is not any of your freaking business what I choose to do. Oh, and I have not been hiding in caves for the last 33 years and therefore you are not going to tell me anything I don't already know. You just need to get it through your head that I don't give a crap.

CafeMom Tickers
by on Jun. 5, 2012 at 9:28 PM
Add your quick reply below:
You must be a member to reply to this post.
Replies (1-10):
ajohnson08099
by *Lyssa Lou* on Jun. 5, 2012 at 9:31 PM
1 mom liked this

Hmmm I actually agree good job!! And sure people will argue "well I have to breath the smoke bla de blah" I get that I do. but if a smoker goes out of their way to go to a secluded or designated area then leave them alone... Also realize.. The outdoors is a bog place.. I don't htink the smoke will kill anyone.

Kaya529
by Platinum Member on Jun. 5, 2012 at 9:40 PM

I know how dangerous car exhaust is for me to breathe in but I still don't feel that it is okay to walk up to random people and whine at them for it.

To be honest they just stress me out and make me need another cigarette. It has the opposite effect then what they intended in the first place.

Quoting ajohnson08099:

Hmmm I actually agree good job!! And sure people will argue "well I have to breath the smoke bla de blah" I get that I do. but if a smoker goes out of their way to go to a secluded or designated area then leave them alone... Also realize.. The outdoors is a bog place.. I don't htink the smoke will kill anyone.

CafeMom Tickers
ajohnson08099
by *Lyssa Lou* on Jun. 5, 2012 at 9:47 PM

lol I am a smoker to so I know what you mean.

Quoting Kaya529:

I know how dangerous car exhaust is for me to breathe in but I still don't feel that it is okay to walk up to random people and whine at them for it.

To be honest they just stress me out and make me need another cigarette. It has the opposite effect then what they intended in the first place.

Quoting ajohnson08099:

livric
by Gold Member on Jun. 5, 2012 at 9:55 PM

I have no issues with smokers, to each their own!!  However, I do get really really really pissed off when I am at the hospital or the shops and well what do u know, ppl standing DIRECTLY underneath a no smoking sign puffing away grrrrrrrr  sometimes I say something sometimes I dont.   DS has major breathing issues and smoke can really affect him, so if someone is smoking in a non smoking area I do get angry as it can and does affect my son.   That is the only situation that I care about anyone having a smoke.

Spfldmomof2
by Kimberly on Jun. 5, 2012 at 9:59 PM
1 mom liked this
I hate being on my smoking break, and someone tells I shouldn't be smoking! Fuck off, this is MY break, what I do is my business and I am off the property anyway, and ex-smokers can be the worst!
opinionatedmom
by Platinum Member on Jun. 5, 2012 at 9:59 PM

that should be pointed out in case they were not aware of it being non smoking which I doubt.

Quoting livric:

I have no issues with smokers, to each their own!!  However, I do get really really really pissed off when I am at the hospital or the shops and well what do u know, ppl standing DIRECTLY underneath a no smoking sign puffing away grrrrrrrr  sometimes I say something sometimes I dont.   DS has major breathing issues and smoke can really affect him, so if someone is smoking in a non smoking area I do get angry as it can and does affect my son.   That is the only situation that I care about anyone having a smoke.

bettyjeanmarino
by on Jun. 5, 2012 at 9:59 PM
Seconded.

Quoting Kaya529:

If I see you eating McDonalds would it be okay for me to walk up and start telling you what a bad person you are for eating it. Should I tell you all the harmful side effects of the food in which you are choosing to eat?

How about your gas guzzling, polluting car?

How about the toys you are choosing for your child that are made in China?

The paint you choose?

How about the alcohol you are ingesting?

What about discussing your exercise regiment?

Oh, your not okay with random strangers walking up to you and telling you how you should live your life in a free country? That would piss you off?

Now you know how I feel every time strangers walk up to me to discuss my decision to smoke. How about you just shut up and mind your own business. I swear the next person who does it is going to end up with my fist in their face. I don't smoke around my kid and I go out of my way to go places where I am not bothering them. Therefore it is not any of your freaking business what I choose to do. Oh, and I have not been hiding in caves for the last 33 years and therefore you are not going to tell me anything I don't already know. You just need to get it through your head that I don't give a crap.

Posted on CafeMom Mobile
Anonymous
by Anonymous on Jun. 5, 2012 at 10:00 PM

I'm not going to lie I do sometimes smoke at the hospital I work at... And it will be next to a sign that says no smoking... But the only reason I do is because when I do go out there (rarely) it is an area that other people don't go to and you can't get into at night. Also, the only people that get in trouble are employees.. Patients can puff away and no one says a thing even though its a "non-smoking campus"

hp2011
by Ruby Member on Jun. 5, 2012 at 10:02 PM

word.

lauraand3kids
by on Jun. 5, 2012 at 10:02 PM

I dont think it is right for anyone to just walk up to a stranger and say those things, unless they know it will absolutely kill you.

Add your quick reply below:
You must be a member to reply to this post.
Join the Meeting Place for Moms!
Talk to other moms, share advice, and have fun!

(minimum 6 characters)