Join the Meeting Place for Moms!
Talk to other moms, share advice, and have fun!

(minimum 6 characters)

Scolding random strangers?

Posted by   + Show Post

If I see you eating McDonalds would it be okay for me to walk up and start telling you what a bad person you are for eating it. Should I tell you all the harmful side effects of the food in which you are choosing to eat?

How about your gas guzzling, polluting car?

How about the toys you are choosing for your child that are made in China?

The paint you choose?

How about the alcohol you are ingesting?

What about discussing your exercise regiment?

Oh, your not okay with random strangers walking up to you and telling you how you should live your life in a free country? That would piss you off?

Now you know how I feel every time strangers walk up to me to discuss my decision to smoke. How about you just shut up and mind your own business. I swear the next person who does it is going to end up with my fist in their face. I don't smoke around my kid and I go out of my way to go places where I am not bothering them. Therefore it is not any of your freaking business what I choose to do. Oh, and I have not been hiding in caves for the last 33 years and therefore you are not going to tell me anything I don't already know. You just need to get it through your head that I don't give a crap.

CafeMom Tickers
by on Jun. 5, 2012 at 9:28 PM
Replies (11-13):
Aurora-Dove
by on Jun. 5, 2012 at 10:05 PM

I don't smoke anymore, but I can relate. If you're not blowing it in their face, what business of it is theirs!

justgracie
by on Jun. 5, 2012 at 10:08 PM

If you aren't standing next to a doorway I need to use I will never even notice you smoking.  That is my smoker pet peeve.  They have to smoke out doors so they are right there.  

livric
by Gold Member on Jun. 5, 2012 at 10:10 PM

Quoting opinionatedmom:

that should be pointed out in case they were not aware of it being non smoking which I doubt.

Quoting livric:

I have no issues with smokers, to each their own!!  However, I do get really really really pissed off when I am at the hospital or the shops and well what do u know, ppl standing DIRECTLY underneath a no smoking sign puffing away grrrrrrrr  sometimes I say something sometimes I dont.   DS has major breathing issues and smoke can really affect him, so if someone is smoking in a non smoking area I do get angry as it can and does affect my son.   That is the only situation that I care about anyone having a smoke.

lol, only if they were legally blind!!! at the hospital whcih DS and I are at all the time there is no smoking 20 meters from the entrance doors,  there are signs posted all over the walls, like 30 of them!!!  the concrete ground is panted with red and yellow stripes marking out the non smoking range smh.  At the shops the entrance is underground from the car park, no smoking signs are everywhere.  yup,  they just dont care!!

Add your quick reply below:
You must be a member to reply to this post.
Join the Meeting Place for Moms!
Talk to other moms, share advice, and have fun!

(minimum 6 characters)

Featured