Join the Meeting Place for Moms!
Talk to other moms, share advice, and have fun!

(minimum 6 characters)

Mom Confessions Mom Confessions

Am i over reacting? How would this make you feel?

Anonymous
Posted by Anonymous
  • 17 Replies

Poll

Question: Am i over reacting

Options:

Yes

No

Only group members can vote in this poll.

Total Votes: 24

View Results

This summer my aunt offered to take DD to her friends house every teusday for a bible study/pool party. awesome. i was grateful and DD had a blast. 

but today, my daughter informs me that next week, she has to wear her pajamas over to my aunts house, so that she can shower and dress over there in the clothing that my aunt bought her (without telling me) so that she doesnt smell like smoke when they go to her friends house. i also found out that my neice (16) has been being ugly about it, like forcing my DD to stay out of her room, and if my DD does go in her room, my neice freaks out and sprays her whole room with smelly stuff. 

my husband smokes, but he smokes OUTSIDE and at work. and my daughter is never in his car only mine and i dont smoke.. and yeah, im sure our landry has a smokey smell to them because of that. 

but my first thought was 'how DARE you tell my child something like that?'

i feel like i dont want to send her anymore :( 

Posted by Anonymous on Jun. 5, 2012 at 9:45 PM
Add your quick reply below:
You must be a member to reply to this post.
Replies (1-10):
ffpm10
by on Jun. 5, 2012 at 9:46 PM
I don't let people who smell like smoke around my child.
But I'm also not sneaky and shady about it.
Everyones knows my rules.
Posted on CafeMom Mobile
AFWifeNMom
by on Jun. 5, 2012 at 9:48 PM

I agree with your aunt

people who smoke and children of people who smoke smell, and bad!

Your aunt shoudnt have said those things to your DD , but i dont think what she wants to too much to ask

tracylynnr67
by on Jun. 5, 2012 at 9:49 PM

I agree with your aunt. When I smoked and my sons were young people had the same rules. It prompted me to quit. Tell your husband that your daughter is being affected by his choices. 

Anonymous
by Anonymous 2 on Jun. 5, 2012 at 9:50 PM
Instead of being rude to your dd about it, they need to stop being pussies, and talk to you about it.
cklamour
by Gold Member on Jun. 5, 2012 at 9:54 PM
What your aunt did was uncalled for. I used to be a smoker and what you might want to do is keep your hubbys clothes separate from your daughters. Basically, washing her clothes separate. Also, tell him to SCRUB his hands after he finishes smoking. These are things I did to make sure my son did smell of smoke but then again I smoked at night while he was sleeping.
Posted on CafeMom Mobile
kellieknits
by on Jun. 5, 2012 at 9:57 PM
I agree with your aunt. Poor kid shouldn't have to smell like smoke.
Posted on CafeMom Mobile
HaloWithHorns78
by on Jun. 5, 2012 at 9:58 PM
Yes and no. I understand your point but I hate the smell of cigarette smoke. I cant stand when kids smell like smoke. Even if he smokes outside he carries that smell in the house. However they shouldn't treat her badly they should talk to you about it.
Posted on CafeMom Mobile
MamaLub
by Gold Member on Jun. 5, 2012 at 10:00 PM
How old is your daughter
Posted on CafeMom Mobile
alexsmomaubrys2
by Ruby Member on Jun. 5, 2012 at 10:03 PM

I agree with your Aunt. As long as your daughter doesn't seem to mine then I don't see a big deal.

I hate the smell of smoke because I grew up around it and can't stand having people in my house, sitting on my furniture that smell that way. I do end up having the febreze the couch when they leave and it annoys me. ::Shrug::

2littledaisies
by Gold Member on Jun. 5, 2012 at 10:05 PM
Yes the aunt handled it poorly but I would be more embarassed for my kid smelling like smoke than being mad.
Posted on CafeMom Mobile
Add your quick reply below:
You must be a member to reply to this post.
Join the Meeting Place for Moms!
Talk to other moms, share advice, and have fun!

(minimum 6 characters)