Join the Meeting Place for Moms!
Talk to other moms, share advice, and have fun!

(minimum 6 characters)

Love Monsoon season, hate the bugs.... including the scorpians! piog

Posted by on Jun. 6, 2012 at 10:25 PM
  • 1 Replies
Aside from living in "Valley of the Sun" aka "Valley of the Death" known as Arizona and the blistering heat, it is once again scorpian season.

Monsoon season is slowly ramping up. Which I love the Monsoons when they hit, but I hate that they bring every dang bug out including scorpians. I could really live without those.

We live close to a river bottom. So the scury out of their fast during this time of the year.

So far no sightings at our home. But I was just out front because I walked to the mailbox and heard the neighbors say to their son to get away from that scorpian so they can chase it away and close their garage.

Sigh..... a very active and curious toddler will want to investigate it if he's sees or finds one. =(our dog ate one end of last season and got a little sick. I have a newborn this year, so my attention isn't going to be 100%.

Luckily hubs has the bug guys (yes I said guys as in plural because believe it or not, no bug company is licensed for ALL bugs. So we have one coming that specializes in scorpians and another for all of the other annoying bugs coming out next week.)

We are also gonna take a friends advice and buy fake ones and sort of place them in random places in the front and back yards as well as wholes and crevases (sp) so that if our toddler goes for one we can tell him "No! Ouchie! Etc...."

Other than that I don't know what to do and I'm a little scared for this season. We just got done with bee season here. (I'm highly allergic to bees. I got extra epis this year and a precautionary childrens epi for my son since we don't know if he's allergic t them yet or not. Thankfully we have not had the misfortune to find out.)

Here's to monsoon season, ready or not. God I hope we don't have a horrific ordeal!
Posted on CafeMom Mobile
by on Jun. 6, 2012 at 10:25 PM
Add your quick reply below:
You must be a member to reply to this post.
Replies (1-1):
ExquisiteMomof2
by PHOTOGMOM on Jun. 6, 2012 at 10:50 PM
Ekkkk just re read my post. Sorry for the improper grammar and horrible spelling. I just took my pain meds before making this post and I'm mobile so the tiny screen doesn't help matters much! So sorry for that!
Posted on CafeMom Mobile
Add your quick reply below:
You must be a member to reply to this post.
Join the Meeting Place for Moms!
Talk to other moms, share advice, and have fun!

(minimum 6 characters)

Featured