Join the Meeting Place for Moms!
Talk to other moms, share advice, and have fun!

(minimum 6 characters)

Mom Confessions Mom Confessions

legitimate reasons for PA are....

Posted by on Jun. 7, 2012 at 1:14 AM
  • 43 Replies
1 mom liked this

in my opinion there are some real legit reasons why people need foodstamps and other forms of PA...obviously physically handicapped, if you cannot walk or have no control over your body, then by all means...but what about mental disabilities? i guess if you're crazy you can't work either, so then that would qualify, what if you are a single mom or dad, who works part time and goes to school part time? obviously if the other parent was not involved and not paying any cs, then that mother/father would probably need the assistance, right? like worse cast scenario she/he didn't have anyone to keep the kids while she/he was at school/work, so she/he would need help with childcare, right? and then probably help with foodstamps, possibly help with rent and utilities if she/he is only working a part time job....my point is there are valid reasons for applying for and recieving PA...

the ones who abuse it and get it when they don't need it are the ones that piss me off, the ones that CAN work and WON'T....to me that is stealing, getting free stuff meant for the needy when your lame ass could be working to take care of your family...ok, what if you ARE working and still can't feed your family? i don't know...what do you all think?

by on Jun. 7, 2012 at 1:14 AM
Add your quick reply below:
You must be a member to reply to this post.
Replies (1-10):
Anonymous
by Anonymous on Jun. 7, 2012 at 1:16 AM
If you're working and can't feed your family, you need to learn tonnage your money!
MommySwiggles
by Gold Member on Jun. 7, 2012 at 1:18 AM
I think as long as people are not making it a life style simply because they are too lazy to change, then whatever.
Posted on CafeMom Mobile
rphardwick
by Silver Member on Jun. 7, 2012 at 1:19 AM
2 moms liked this

It only bothers me if people aren't even trying. If your working and need help or trying to better your life and need help absolutely but there are people who have made the welfare system into their career choice.

Anonymous
by Anonymous on Jun. 7, 2012 at 1:20 AM

eye rollingSorry your beating a dead horse.

windsails
by Bronze Member on Jun. 7, 2012 at 1:22 AM

Quoting Anonymous:

eye rollingSorry your beating a dead horse.

maybe so, but i was just reading the post about the woman who paid for her wedding reception food with foodstamps, she sais she paid out of her own pocket to have them cook and serve the food, but bought lobster for her guests with the foodstamps...was just curious

briellesmomma
by Velvet on Jun. 7, 2012 at 1:24 AM
3 moms liked this
tonnage? I mean I know what you meant but yeah before you start insulting someone check your spelling.

Quoting Anonymous:

If you're working and can't feed your family, you need to learn tonnage your money!
Posted on CafeMom Mobile
Anonymous
by Anonymous on Jun. 7, 2012 at 1:28 AM
I'm mobile.

Quoting briellesmomma:

tonnage? I mean I know what you meant but yeah before you start insulting someone check your spelling.

Quoting Anonymous:

briellesmomma
by Velvet on Jun. 7, 2012 at 1:29 AM
I figured. Im mobile too.

Quoting Anonymous:

I'm mobile.

Quoting briellesmomma:

Quoting Anonymous:

Posted on CafeMom Mobile
lordkanarven
by on Jun. 7, 2012 at 1:31 AM
1 mom liked this

I agree also being elderly is a legitimate reason for PA

Join me in Blues Mamas if you have a passion for music!
Anonymous
by Anonymous on Jun. 7, 2012 at 1:33 AM
So give me shit for POS autocorrect?

To make it worse, I wasn't even insulting somebody.

If you're working full-time, manage your money better, love within your means, and you won't need PA. It's intended to be short term to aid in finances whole you get back on your feet. Not to be used as a source of income. I was the only worker all winter, mortgage, car payment, utilities, gas, and food all for a family of four, on one salary (and not a large one at that) and a bit of money management, we made it through on no PA. It all comes down to choices.

So how was I being insulting?

Quoting briellesmomma:

I figured. Im mobile too.

Quoting Anonymous:

I'm mobile.

Quoting briellesmomma:

Quoting Anonymous:

Add your quick reply below:
You must be a member to reply to this post.
Join the Meeting Place for Moms!
Talk to other moms, share advice, and have fun!

(minimum 6 characters)