Join the Meeting Place for Moms!
Talk to other moms, share advice, and have fun!

(minimum 6 characters)

Mom Confessions Mom Confessions

legitimate reasons for PA are....

Posted by   + Show Post

in my opinion there are some real legit reasons why people need foodstamps and other forms of PA...obviously physically handicapped, if you cannot walk or have no control over your body, then by all means...but what about mental disabilities? i guess if you're crazy you can't work either, so then that would qualify, what if you are a single mom or dad, who works part time and goes to school part time? obviously if the other parent was not involved and not paying any cs, then that mother/father would probably need the assistance, right? like worse cast scenario she/he didn't have anyone to keep the kids while she/he was at school/work, so she/he would need help with childcare, right? and then probably help with foodstamps, possibly help with rent and utilities if she/he is only working a part time job....my point is there are valid reasons for applying for and recieving PA...

the ones who abuse it and get it when they don't need it are the ones that piss me off, the ones that CAN work and WON'T....to me that is stealing, getting free stuff meant for the needy when your lame ass could be working to take care of your family...ok, what if you ARE working and still can't feed your family? i don't know...what do you all think?

by on Jun. 7, 2012 at 1:14 AM
Replies (41-43):
Anonymous
by Anonymous 8 on Jun. 8, 2012 at 12:19 AM
1 mom liked this

cause I qualify, that's why.

My personal situation is none of your fucking business.  You don't get to make the decisions.

Salsacookies
by Gold Member on Jun. 8, 2012 at 2:18 AM

A lot of people that get PA are working, but there's only so much that a minimum wage job can do. You have to have some sort of education to move up. Not everybody just sits on their ass making excuses. that's a common misconception of PA recipients.

Quoting Anonymous:

if you're a single parent with NO cs, you need to do more than work part time and go to school part time try full time at one and part time at the other, and stop fucking losers until you can afford to support a child!

if you're mentally unstable?  why did you have children?  if you're newly mentally unstable, refusing treatment shouldn't be an option.

NOBODY and I mean NOBODY should sit on their ass making excuses and collect ANY form of pa....

lastly, YES, I would gladly pay more towards a working momma getting childcare subsidy and collecting pa, than an excuse making momma sitting on her ass collecting even a dime!!

Anonymous
by Anonymous 6 on Jun. 8, 2012 at 5:29 AM

so why accept a minimum wage job, and do nothing more?  I agree you likely need education to move up.... so why not work, and attend training?  will it be hard?  yepper.... but it's the only way you'll ever change your life!

Quoting Salsacookies:

A lot of people that get PA are working, but there's only so much that a minimum wage job can do. You have to have some sort of education to move up. Not everybody just sits on their ass making excuses. that's a common misconception of PA recipients.

Quoting Anonymous:

if you're a single parent with NO cs, you need to do more than work part time and go to school part time try full time at one and part time at the other, and stop fucking losers until you can afford to support a child!

if you're mentally unstable?  why did you have children?  if you're newly mentally unstable, refusing treatment shouldn't be an option.

NOBODY and I mean NOBODY should sit on their ass making excuses and collect ANY form of pa....

lastly, YES, I would gladly pay more towards a working momma getting childcare subsidy and collecting pa, than an excuse making momma sitting on her ass collecting even a dime!!

Add your quick reply below:
You must be a member to reply to this post.
Join the Meeting Place for Moms!
Talk to other moms, share advice, and have fun!

(minimum 6 characters)