Join the Meeting Place for Moms!
Talk to other moms, share advice, and have fun!

(minimum 6 characters)

WWYD:Marry rich or the everyday guy

Anonymous
Posted by Anonymous
  • 219 Replies

I love my fiance,but I'm not crazy about him. My family expects me to marry him. He is  wealthy and comes from a wealthy family. His net worth is over two hundred million. He is 38, good looking, well educated,smart,and successful. I know things can work,but in another life I would run off with another guy,but he is none of the above that my df is.

He actually works 2 jobs just to make ends meet and lives a totally different life. I am just crazy about him though. But each time i ever said anything about it,my mom throws it in my face about marrying those type of people. She throws it in my face bc my 1st abusive ex husband was in the military and she feels that's beneath us. She says a woman who comes from a family of privilege should never marry as commoners do. She says women of status marry up and never down. She says that I have already shamed the family and caused them so much embarrassment when I went and married "that military guy" (as she calls him) and that I need to grow up and act like a proper young woman and marry a man of status.  

She said I need to let the other guy go,but its hard. He is just amazing. He was there for me when my ex put me in the hospital and nearly killed me.  Its so funny,but I never thought I would fall for him so hard when I met him. He honestly was not my type,but he captured my heart and now, I cant imagine life w/o him. Has anyone been in this situation before,or similar? Do you eventually get over the guy that you love whole heartedly (mind body soul). I hate to think of it,but the other guy is my everything and I just wish I could spend my life with him. My df knows how I feel,but he just wants his trophy wife and sayss he loves me. I do love him,but not the way I love the other guy. I have never loved anyone in that way. Do you think that I will eventually get over it?

Posted by Anonymous on Jun. 7, 2012 at 10:28 AM
Add your quick reply below:
You must be a member to reply to this post.
Replies (1-10):
TAG2.0
by on Jun. 7, 2012 at 10:29 AM
3 moms liked this

Marry the rich guy.

xomrs.chase
by Ruby Member on Jun. 7, 2012 at 10:30 AM
12 moms liked this
I think you need to cut the cord and live your own life. Marry who you love.
Posted on CafeMom Mobile
Anonymous
by Anonymous on Jun. 7, 2012 at 10:30 AM
5 moms liked this

how much is your mother worth that the rest of the world are 'commoners'?  she's a bitch.  

amandabo
by on Jun. 7, 2012 at 10:33 AM
2 moms liked this
Marry the rich Guy. Please. Live the good life. Don't struggle.
Posted on CafeMom Mobile
Refurbished

My ex-husband is an airline pilot.  I dated a doctor before him. 

Marry the good guy that you love.  I'm living on 1/8 the income I used to have, and these have been the happiest years of my life.

wittyscreenname
2 moms liked this

I marry for love, not status and not money.

Tammi4
by Gold Member on Jun. 7, 2012 at 10:34 AM
Marry the guy you love.
Posted on CafeMom Mobile
alwayskk
by on Jun. 7, 2012 at 10:34 AM
1 mom liked this
Marry the one you love who loves you back.
Posted on CafeMom Mobile
kellieknits
by on Jun. 7, 2012 at 10:34 AM

Quoting xomrs.chase:

Posted on CafeMom Mobile
GreenEyePixie
by Platinum Member on Jun. 7, 2012 at 10:35 AM
This. All the money in the world means nothing, if you don't love the person who has it.

Marry the "commoner" and be happy.

Quoting xomrs.chase:

Posted on CafeMom Mobile
Add your quick reply below:
You must be a member to reply to this post.
Join the Meeting Place for Moms!
Talk to other moms, share advice, and have fun!

(minimum 6 characters)

Featured