Join the Meeting Place for Moms!
Talk to other moms, share advice, and have fun!

(minimum 6 characters)

Mom Confessions Mom Confessions

WWYD:Marry rich or the everyday guy

Posted by Anonymous   + Show Post

I love my fiance,but I'm not crazy about him. My family expects me to marry him. He is  wealthy and comes from a wealthy family. His net worth is over two hundred million. He is 38, good looking, well educated,smart,and successful. I know things can work,but in another life I would run off with another guy,but he is none of the above that my df is.

He actually works 2 jobs just to make ends meet and lives a totally different life. I am just crazy about him though. But each time i ever said anything about it,my mom throws it in my face about marrying those type of people. She throws it in my face bc my 1st abusive ex husband was in the military and she feels that's beneath us. She says a woman who comes from a family of privilege should never marry as commoners do. She says women of status marry up and never down. She says that I have already shamed the family and caused them so much embarrassment when I went and married "that military guy" (as she calls him) and that I need to grow up and act like a proper young woman and marry a man of status.  

She said I need to let the other guy go,but its hard. He is just amazing. He was there for me when my ex put me in the hospital and nearly killed me.  Its so funny,but I never thought I would fall for him so hard when I met him. He honestly was not my type,but he captured my heart and now, I cant imagine life w/o him. Has anyone been in this situation before,or similar? Do you eventually get over the guy that you love whole heartedly (mind body soul). I hate to think of it,but the other guy is my everything and I just wish I could spend my life with him. My df knows how I feel,but he just wants his trophy wife and sayss he loves me. I do love him,but not the way I love the other guy. I have never loved anyone in that way. Do you think that I will eventually get over it?

Posted by Anonymous on Jun. 7, 2012 at 10:28 AM
Replies (211-219):
kidlover2
by on Jun. 8, 2012 at 2:04 AM
Maybe... ;-)he prefers older women & accomplished ones at that. His latest girlfriend was a book editor.

Quoting Sassy762:

Hey......If you don't want the rich guy can I send him to one of DD's????? We live in New York

Quoting kidlover2:

Whatever you say. You obviously know my life so well... I will care about my troll status when I fly down to see him in July. :-) I'm not anonymous by the way... why would I be faking this?

Quoting Anonymous:

Troll!!!! (SEE RED HIGHLIGHTS) YOU WISH

Quoting kidlover2:

I won't say never, but my marriage was really shitty and it left me scarred and distrustful of men. He is young, attractive, & available. By the time I finally become strong enough to fall in love again, I'm sure he will be happily married or in a long term relationship.

Quoting Anonymous:

Is he married? If not,why not go after him????

Quoting kidlover2:

I'm not sure why you think this is fake?? I am a divorced mom of 3 kids in Podunk, Northeast who makes less than $20,000 a year. My bestest friend in the whole world is a single never been married multi-millionare who writes movies for a living and flies back & forth between NYC & LA every other month. We connected on facebook and he calls me every week and texts me almost every day. It happens.

Quoting NDADanceMom:

I deleted most of your vanity post, crazypants.  Nobody wants to have that much space taken you lunatic.  I will try to answer your rant without it.

Im upper middle class.  I dont know any bazillionairs because im not hanging out at the yacht club, nor do I know any military people because im not hanging out at a base, or within 100 miles of a base.  Most people hang out with people from work, family, church and the like.  Intrinsically that would be within your own social class.  Millionaires are not hanging out at the county fair beer gardens. 

Im calling her a bitch (not that I believe her story so im not actually calling anyone a bitch but a fictional character) because for whatever reason she is engaged to a man she doesnt love.  That is cruel to him.  Ruin his life because you have no balls? nice.

Lastly, and I tell you its a shock to me as well but there are a ton of women here who like me.  Most of all I like me.  I dont have to hide under anon because im just some lunatic that goes off the handle over a thread on CM.  You should get some help.

Quoting Anonymous:

How can you call OP a people like to socialize. 

Quoting NDADanceMom:

I think you are a bitch.  The "rich guy" has a heart and soul.  He deserves someone that appreciates him.

That said I also think you are a troll.  Where would you even meet a military guy?  You have a fiancee supposedly and wander where that would expose you to "the average joe".  Im not even in the hundreds of million dollar ranges and other than passing a stranger at target I dont meet people out of my social class.  Ive never said 2 words to a current military person.  My dad was in viet nam, but not by choice. 

Posted on CafeMom Mobile
Sassy762
by CAFE SASSY HBIC on Jun. 8, 2012 at 2:08 AM

Shoot.... she is in her 20's, lol

Quoting kidlover2:

Maybe... ;-)he prefers older women & accomplished ones at that. His latest girlfriend was a book editor.

Quoting Sassy762:

Hey......If you don't want the rich guy can I send him to one of DD's????? We live in New York

Quoting kidlover2:

Whatever you say. You obviously know my life so well... I will care about my troll status when I fly down to see him in July. :-) I'm not anonymous by the way... why would I be faking this?

Quoting Anonymous:

Quoting kidlover2:

I won't say never, but my marriage was really shitty and it left me scarred and distrustful of men. He is young, attractive, & available. By the time I finally become strong enough to fall in love again, I'm sure he will be happily married or in a long term relationship.

Quoting Anonymous:

Quoting kidlover2:

I'm not sure why you think this is fake?? I am a divorced mom of 3 kids in Podunk, Northeast who makes less than $20,000 a year. My bestest friend in the whole world is a single never been married multi-millionare who writes movies for a living and flies back & forth between NYC & LA every other month. We connected on facebook and he calls me every week and texts me almost every day. It happens.

Quoting NDADanceMom:

I deleted most of your vanity post, crazypants.  Nobody wants to have that much space taken you lunatic.  I will try to answer your rant without it.

Im upper middle class.  I dont know any bazillionairs because im not hanging out at the yacht club, nor do I know any military people because im not hanging out at a base, or within 100 miles of a base.  Most people hang out with people from work, family, church and the like.  Intrinsically that would be within your own social class.  Millionaires are not hanging out at the county fair beer gardens. 

Im calling her a bitch (not that I believe her story so im not actually calling anyone a bitch but a fictional character) because for whatever reason she is engaged to a man she doesnt love.  That is cruel to him.  Ruin his life because you have no balls? nice.

Lastly, and I tell you its a shock to me as well but there are a ton of women here who like me.  Most of all I like me.  I dont have to hide under anon because im just some lunatic that goes off the handle over a thread on CM.  You should get some help.

Quoting Anonymous:

Quoting NDADanceMom:

I think you are a bitch.  The "rich guy" has a heart and soul.  He deserves someone that appreciates him.

That said I also think you are a troll.  Where would you even meet a military guy?  You have a fiancee supposedly and wander where that would expose you to "the average joe".  Im not even in the hundreds of million dollar ranges and other than passing a stranger at target I dont meet people out of my social class.  Ive never said 2 words to a current military person.  My dad was in viet nam, but not by choice. 

alwayskk
by on Jun. 8, 2012 at 2:08 AM

The real question is this: Do you marry the wonderful guy who is head over heels for you but you feel nothing for, or do you just keep waiting and hope that you didn't pass up your one opportunity at a nice guy?

kidlover2
by on Jun. 8, 2012 at 2:12 AM
Ha! He is 28. His last girlfriend was 39 :-)

Quoting Sassy762:

Quoting kidlover2:

Quoting Sassy762:

Quoting kidlover2:

Quoting Anonymous:

Quoting kidlover2:

Quoting Anonymous:

Quoting kidlover2:

Quoting NDADanceMom:

Quoting Anonymous:

Quoting NDADanceMom:

Posted on CafeMom Mobile
Sassy762
by CAFE SASSY HBIC on Jun. 8, 2012 at 2:13 AM

She isn't accomplished ....yet, lol  

Quoting kidlover2:

Quoting Sassy762:

Quoting kidlover2:

Quoting Sassy762:

Quoting kidlover2:

Quoting Anonymous:

Quoting kidlover2:

Quoting Anonymous:

Quoting kidlover2:

Quoting NDADanceMom:

Quoting Anonymous:

Quoting NDADanceMom:

jshalas89
by on Jun. 8, 2012 at 2:19 AM
You shamed your family? How did you shame them when we don't know who you are? I don't think anyone gives a shit either anyway.

You know the answer to this question. Don't act so dumb.
Posted on CafeMom Mobile
kidlover2
by on Jun. 8, 2012 at 2:22 AM
:-) maybe that's where the older comes in... that is more than half of my dating issues with him. I'm 30 with no accomplishments other than having 3 beautiful girls & a shitacular ex-husband. Book editing is not in the cards for me. ;-)

Quoting Sassy762:

She isn't accomplished ....yet, lol  

Quoting kidlover2:

Quoting Sassy762:

Quoting kidlover2:

Quoting Sassy762:

Quoting kidlover2:

Quoting Anonymous:

Quoting kidlover2:

Quoting Anonymous:

Quoting kidlover2:

Quoting NDADanceMom:

Quoting Anonymous:

Quoting NDADanceMom:

Posted on CafeMom Mobile
maris1192
by Silver Member on Jun. 8, 2012 at 2:25 AM
Woah, sounds like a love story!! Only you can find your true happiness! Nobody else! Go w what your heart is telling you!!
Posted on CafeMom Mobile
owl0210
by Emerald Member on Jun. 8, 2012 at 7:47 AM
I know what net worth means but thanks for the definition....

Quoting Anonymous:

NET worth is different from cash in the bank. He could own properties or a profitable business. Ever watch Millionare matchmakers? A lot of those guys are WORTH millions, but it's not liquid assessts.

Quoting owl0210:

His net worth is over two hundred million? Bullshit.

Posted on CafeMom Mobile
Add your quick reply below:
You must be a member to reply to this post.
Join the Meeting Place for Moms!
Talk to other moms, share advice, and have fun!

(minimum 6 characters)

close Join now to connect to
other members!
Connect with Facebook or Sign Up Using Email

Already Joined? LOG IN