Join the Meeting Place for Moms!
Talk to other moms, share advice, and have fun!

(minimum 6 characters)

Mom Confessions Mom Confessions

I blame CM! lol i'm turning into a carseat freak!!

Posted by on Jun. 7, 2012 at 1:31 PM
  • 1 Replies

we gave our infant carseat to my BIL when DS grew out of it, they had one on the way at the time... i told them i would show them how to install it, but they brushed it off like they could do it, so i accepted that and figured they were relatively smart people!

their DS is now 5 months, and we went out of town with them this last weekend, OMG they didn't even skim the manual i sent with the carseat!!

the clip was down on baby's belly, the straps were SOOOOO LOOSE!! it was insane, he could've wriggled right out!!!! like they were sooo loose i'm surprised he hadn't taken his arms completely out of them at least a few times while driving!

they use a shoulder belt without the clip... so i asked where the clip was that i sent with it, he looked at me confused so i described it to him and he goes "oh, is that what that is? we thought we had broken something off or something.... we were wondering what that was for" he went and grabbed it out of a cubby in his car

so i showed him how to use it, explained to them why the clip on the seat needed to be higher on baby, and the straps needed to be tighter... they didn't seem offended or anything. i was worried i was sounding too pushy or something, and they might get upset. SIL did make a comment about how baby cries when they tighten the straps.... which was frustrating!

so hopefully, now that they know better they will do better.....

but after everything was said and done, i know the baby is safer now, i just really all of a sudden felt like was one of those women on here who bash people for not RFing until their kids are grown!! lol

attack

by on Jun. 7, 2012 at 1:31 PM
Add your quick reply below:
You must be a member to reply to this post.
Replies (1-1):
razmatazthespaz
by on Jun. 7, 2012 at 1:40 PM

bump cuz i'm procrastinating!

Add your quick reply below:
You must be a member to reply to this post.
Join the Meeting Place for Moms!
Talk to other moms, share advice, and have fun!

(minimum 6 characters)