Join the Meeting Place for Moms!
Talk to other moms, share advice, and have fun!

(minimum 6 characters)

Mom Confessions Mom Confessions

My husband is a sex offender ...

Anonymous
Posted by Anonymous
  • 251 Replies
2 moms liked this
He was 19 and had a 15 year old girlfriend. Her mother was aware. She didn't mind at all. My DH pissed of his girlfriends step-dad one day so he "turned him in". The mother and daughter attempted to have all charges dropped, but the state picked them up. He was convicted of sexual abuse of a minor in the second degree (consensual) and served 2 years in prison w 5 years probation and has to register for 15 years.

He is now 33 and only has 3 registering years left. He is a wonderful father of two boys. And a very hard working man!

I believe that the SOR should be divided by severity. Consensual sex w a minor should not be classified with pedophilia.

And before you bash their 3 1/2 year age difference ... Him and I are almost 8 years apart! And my grandmother married my grandfather when she was 15 and he was 19! As well, it's a very small town and I am very socially aware of the instance (I personally know the girl) and have been through his paperwork, probation visits, and all that jazz!

This is simply my confession. I think his punishment is a big excessive, but my BIGGEST issue ate those that see him (in our small town) on the registry and automatically assume he'd a pedophile :-/
Posted by Anonymous on Jun. 7, 2012 at 5:14 PM
Add your quick reply below:
You must be a member to reply to this post.
Replies (1-10):
TAG2.0
by on Jun. 7, 2012 at 5:16 PM
11 moms liked this

He had poor judgement, had sex with a minor. The law is the law, Im sorry but why the hell would a 19 year old be interested in a 15 year old kid? That shit disgusts me/ He couldve avoided the whole matter had he waited til she was 18.

Anonymous
by Anonymous 2 on Jun. 7, 2012 at 5:16 PM
1 mom liked this
2 yrs seems like a long time for statutory rape but all states are different.
doodlebut
by on Jun. 7, 2012 at 5:19 PM
3 moms liked this
I think a 19 yr old had no business with a15 yr old. But his punishment was excessive, he should not have to register, or served jail time
Posted on CafeMom Mobile
shortcakes13
by Silver Member on Jun. 7, 2012 at 5:19 PM
9 moms liked this
I think they shouldn't be lumped together either...there is a big difference between having consensual sex with a minor and a pedophile... they should be split into different categories...
Posted on CafeMom Mobile
Superlaura328
by Platinum Member on Jun. 7, 2012 at 5:21 PM
1 mom liked this

Aww, that is very unfortunate. I agree that it is terrible that he was locked up for that. My father is eight years older than my mother as well, so I don't think that is weird at all. That's sad, I feel bad for your man. Hopefully everything turns out alright!

Anonymous
by Anonymous 1 - Original Poster on Jun. 7, 2012 at 5:21 PM
1 mom liked this
Yes, he knows, poor judgement. Honestly, she was the other half of the problem! Trashy home, "adult before her days" type of deal (very little parental guidance). He knows it was stupid, and tells young guys all the time CHECK ID!!

Quoting TAG2.0:

He had poor judgement, had sex with a minor. The law is the law, Im sorry but why the hell would a 19 year old be interested in a 15 year old kid? That shit disgusts me/ He couldve avoided the whole matter had he waited til she was 18.

ElitestJen
by on Jun. 7, 2012 at 5:22 PM
1 mom liked this

I wouldn't do it.  It would be less about the offense and more that he was charged as a felon.  That significantly reduces his ability to be productive. 

Anonymous
by Anonymous 3 on Jun. 7, 2012 at 5:22 PM
Are you in Montgomery county, Texas? Please respond and I will tell you why!
Anonymous
by Anonymous 1 - Original Poster on Jun. 7, 2012 at 5:23 PM
1 mom liked this
It's a terrible cross to bear, for all of us! :-/ but he just tells himself "the punishment was fitting for all the shot I did and DIDNT get caught for" ...

Quoting Superlaura328:

Aww, that is very unfortunate. I agree that it is terrible that he was locked up for that. My father is eight years older than my mother as well, so I don't think that is weird at all. That's sad, I feel bad for your man. Hopefully everything turns out alright!

Anonymous
by Anonymous 1 - Original Poster on Jun. 7, 2012 at 5:23 PM
No, were not from TX

Quoting Anonymous:

Are you in Montgomery county, Texas? Please respond and I will tell you why!
Add your quick reply below:
You must be a member to reply to this post.
Join the Meeting Place for Moms!
Talk to other moms, share advice, and have fun!

(minimum 6 characters)

close Join now to connect to
other members!
Connect with Facebook or Sign Up Using Email

Already Joined? LOG IN