Join the Meeting Place for Moms!
Talk to other moms, share advice, and have fun!

(minimum 6 characters)

Two years ago today

Posted by on Jun. 7, 2012 at 5:52 PM
  • 5 Replies
1 mom liked this

My husband was heading into surgery, he was having a radical inguinal orchiectomy or testicle removal for short. A few weeks before all this we found a lump and went to the doctor to get things check out. He was only 28. After surgery we learned that it was in fact testicular cancer and it was stage two it had spread to the lymph nodes in his lower abdomen. a month later we started chemo five days in a row for eight hours each every third week four times. We did beat the cancer and so far we are still cancer free. 

This cancer affects so many men and many dont get help soon enough :(. Testicular cancer is the most curable form of cancer but its also the most deadly. So now that we have survived this I want to help save others. Most times the lump is found by a spouse or girlfriend not the man why because no one tells them to do monthly checks like we are told to do with our breast. We have met and lost so many others along our journey and it needs to stop. Please tell your sons brothers fathers and so to do their checks and if anything feels out of place go get it checked. the soon you get it checked better. early detection could mean you keep the ball and your life. 

http://testicularcancerawarenessfoundation.org/

BE BOLD check your husbands balls, early detection is the key to saving a life 

NEED TO KNOW FACTS: TESTICULAR CANCER
✔ One man is diagnosed every hour
✔ One man dies everyday
✔ Can strike at any age, however, most common in the 15-35 age range
✔ Number one killing cancer of young men
✔ MOST CURABLE CANCER, When Caught Early!

by on Jun. 7, 2012 at 5:52 PM
Add your quick reply below:
You must be a member to reply to this post.
Replies (1-5):
KelliansMom
by Platinum Member on Jun. 7, 2012 at 6:00 PM
Bump
Posted on CafeMom Mobile
KelliansMom
by Platinum Member on Jun. 8, 2012 at 5:47 AM
Bump
Posted on CafeMom Mobile
Nicoleb9
by Emerald Member on Jun. 8, 2012 at 5:50 AM
Wow! I'm glad he was able to beat it. How do we "check their balls"? I'm not a nurse or a physician so you'll have to school me on that one. Is it similar to self breast exams wherein we're suppose to familiarize ourselves with their testicles so that if something changes we'll notice?
KelliansMom
by Platinum Member on Jun. 8, 2012 at 5:54 AM
Yep pretty much. Men should be doing them monthly.

Quoting Nicoleb9:

Wow! I'm glad he was able to beat it. How do we "check their balls"? I'm not a nurse or a physician so you'll have to school me on that one. Is it similar to self breast exams wherein we're suppose to familiarize ourselves with their testicles so that if something changes we'll notice?
Posted on CafeMom Mobile
r_luvli
by Stacey on Jun. 8, 2012 at 5:59 AM
Congratulations on your dh beating cancer! My oldest brother went through the same thing when he was 24. He's been cancer free for the last 20 yrs!
Posted on CafeMom Mobile
Add your quick reply below:
You must be a member to reply to this post.
Join the Meeting Place for Moms!
Talk to other moms, share advice, and have fun!

(minimum 6 characters)

Featured