Join the Meeting Place for Moms!
Talk to other moms, share advice, and have fun!

(minimum 6 characters)

Mom Confessions Mom Confessions

Be HONEST; Do you wish...

Anonymous
Posted by Anonymous
  • 24 Replies

Do you any of you wonderful ladies ever wish or dream to be the 'trophy wife' or your own version of it? Or do some of you already play the part? Don't laugh but I would like to be the Mother that some people 'envy' I guess you could say. I know it probably sounds stupid, but I want to be the kept up nice looking Mother. I want to be apart of my kids' PTA in their school when they are old enough to be there, I want to be the soccer mom back and forth to functions and events, I want to be the wife that my husband can only dream of having. I want all of this but I feel like it's so silly and that it will never happen. Mind you, I am young, 20 y/o. This is just the picture I have had when I thought about having kids and starting a family. If some of you consider yourself a 'trophy wife' what do you do to keep these things realistic?

Posted by Anonymous on Jun. 7, 2012 at 6:38 PM
Add your quick reply below:
You must be a member to reply to this post.
Replies (1-10):
Lovemyfamilyof8
by on Jun. 7, 2012 at 8:01 PM
1 mom liked this
Well, I am pta president, I am a soccer, football, dance mom, I have a super clean and neat home and a beautiful yard, I am in shape and always dress to impress. The thing is, that is who I am! I didn't become some ideal person. I am simply this way, if that isn't you, then who I cares? I hate being called snooty and stuck up when I'm not!
jonellg
by on Jun. 7, 2012 at 8:43 PM
1 mom liked this

I play the part pretty damn well, from PTA to dinner parties. The house is clean, the kids are in dance/mma, I even make huge dinners for DH to take to the fire house. I'm very stepford, it's all I ever wanted to do.

peanutsmommy1
by Ruby Member on Jun. 7, 2012 at 8:44 PM
2 moms liked this
Nope, I dont now nor have I ever had a desire to be like that
Posted on CafeMom Mobile
Anonymous
by Anonymous 1 - Original Poster on Jun. 7, 2012 at 9:11 PM

Quoting Lovemyfamilyof8:

Well, I am pta president, I am a soccer, football, dance mom, I have a super clean and neat home and a beautiful yard, I am in shape and always dress to impress. The thing is, that is who I am! I didn't become some ideal person. I am simply this way, if that isn't you, then who I cares? I hate being called snooty and stuck up when I'm not!

Well said--But this isn't necessarily someone that I'm not. I took well care of myself & still do when I feel up to it (pregnant & feeling lousy and sick everyday). I've always had the dream of being a SAHM and doing everything! But, also looking the part. Some days I just say "what's the point". My question is, how do I get back to being more of 'myself' & wanting to look nice?

KairisMama
by Emerald Member on Jun. 7, 2012 at 9:12 PM
2 moms liked this

No. It honestly sounds way too exhausting.

alwayskk
by on Jun. 7, 2012 at 9:12 PM
1 mom liked this

Well, I'm single. LOL But I'd like to be my own definition of a trophy wife. Keeping yourself up, being on the PTA, and a few other things you mentioned would be on the list but also having a career, etc. :)

Aeonix
by on Jun. 7, 2012 at 9:14 PM
I think everyone wants to be their version of perfection, that's not silly. My version is different to yours, but that doesn't make yours or mine stupid.
erica7227
by on Jun. 7, 2012 at 9:16 PM
2 moms liked this
Do you know what trophy wife means? Means you are just arm candy, and with your husband because of his money. Is that really what you mean?
Posted on CafeMom Mobile
Anonymous
by Anonymous 1 - Original Poster on Jun. 7, 2012 at 9:17 PM

Quoting erica7227:

Do you know what trophy wife means? Means you are just arm candy, and with your husband because of his money. Is that really what you mean?

Not the definition I've ever heard. But glad to hear your opinion. :)

Not_A_Native
by Ruby Member on Jun. 7, 2012 at 9:21 PM
2 moms liked this

I''m not a "trophy" wife - but I did/do have kids in dance, wrestling, piano, girl scouts (and I was the leader for all 3 troops).  I was/am involved with the school, the homeowners association, and so on.  I go to the gym every day during the week, keep myself in shape, never go out without makeup and my hair fixed, and dressed nicely (usually nice jeans and a top).  It's just who I am.  My home is neat and clean and uncluttered (can't stand clutter, and neither can my husband).

I do it all iwth lists, a smartphone, and coffee!

Add your quick reply below:
You must be a member to reply to this post.
Join the Meeting Place for Moms!
Talk to other moms, share advice, and have fun!

(minimum 6 characters)

close Join now to connect to
other members!
Connect with Facebook or Sign Up Using Email

Already Joined? LOG IN