Join the Meeting Place for Moms!
Talk to other moms, share advice, and have fun!

(minimum 6 characters)

Mom Confessions Mom Confessions

Woke up with weird bruises...(yes I know ur not docs..but still asking)

Posted by   + Show Post

So I have a few times in the past like week woken up with weird bruises. They are red, no raised, not painful. And I have no idea how I got them. And I didn't wake up with these ones..they showed up this afternoon. The pic in the replies of my shoulder, I woke up with those. I've been doing some dr.googleing and I am freaking myself out. I know I need to get into a doc ASAP, problem is finding one first. And so here I am asking you ladies, what the hell is going on with me? Any ideas that don't include me thinking I have cancer?...and please no bashing for me posting this, I know you ladies aren't docs..
Eta- also, for idk like months now I have been getting bruises, the purple/black kind that hurt, on my legs. I assumed those were from still cosleeping my youngest and him kicking me. But now im not so sure.
Posted on CafeMom Mobile
by on Jun. 7, 2012 at 8:03 PM
Replies (61-69):
Sassy01
by on Jun. 7, 2012 at 10:52 PM

Rheumatology visits every 2-3 months, lab visits monthly, meds to keep the joint damage to a minimum and to keep the RAD under control, I have lost the use of one hand due to my joints, I can't walk as far or as much as I use to, Dr's can't really do much for it except try and keep it under control and slow down the progression of the disease.

Quoting Bren07:

Ugh. This doesn't sounds like something I want to have. :( what other issues do you have because of it, if you don't mind me asking? Like what did the docs do for you?

Quoting Sassy01:

Sounds like what i deal with, except no rash, I have rheumatoid autoimmune disease. I would seriously get tested

PHOTOGRAPHY...One of the only jobs where you can shoot people & cut their heads off and not go to Prison
DJAKoala
by Bronze Member on Jun. 7, 2012 at 11:06 PM
Do you get these bruises when you have your period? Is your menstral flow heavy. Could be a bleeding disorder.
NDADanceMom
by on Jun. 7, 2012 at 11:08 PM

it looks like fifths disease.

Bren07
by on Jun. 7, 2012 at 11:13 PM
This past month or wutever is the first time I've ever gotten these without cause. My period did just start yesterday though. Typically it's not that heavy, or long (4days max).

Quoting DJAKoala:

Do you get these bruises when you have your period? Is your menstral flow heavy. Could be a bleeding disorder.
Posted on CafeMom Mobile
Bren07
by on Jun. 7, 2012 at 11:14 PM
Just googled pix of that and mine look nothing like those.

Quoting NDADanceMom:

it looks like fifths disease.

Posted on CafeMom Mobile
Anonymous
by Anonymous 1 on Jun. 8, 2012 at 1:15 AM
Omg are you using tampons???
Bren07
by on Jun. 8, 2012 at 1:23 AM
During the day, typically yes..never over night. But since aunt flo just came to town yesterday evening I've only used like 2, maybe 3. And these started showing up long before aunt flo showed up so Im not worried about TSS.

Quoting Anonymous:

Posted on CafeMom Mobile
Anonymous
by Anonymous 1 on Jun. 8, 2012 at 8:07 AM
Well you can get SST from other things as well.
If you get a fever & the poops too. I'd go to the ER ASAP

Quoting Bren07:

During the day, typically yes..never over night. But since aunt flo just came to town yesterday evening I've only used like 2, maybe 3. And these started showing up long before aunt flo showed up so Im not worried about TSS.

Quoting Anonymous:

Nunyabusiness
by on Jun. 8, 2012 at 8:10 AM

Stop looking at web md and stop coming on here and asking. You're only going to make yourself worry more, get yourself checked out by the Dr asap. 

Add your quick reply below:
You must be a member to reply to this post.
Join the Meeting Place for Moms!
Talk to other moms, share advice, and have fun!

(minimum 6 characters)

close Join now to connect to
other members!
Connect with Facebook or Sign Up Using Email

Already Joined? LOG IN