Join the Meeting Place for Moms!
Talk to other moms, share advice, and have fun!

(minimum 6 characters)

Mom Confessions Mom Confessions

Hubby's feet REEK!

Anonymous
Posted by Anonymous
  • 8 Replies
So he's embarrassed so I'm going anon. Hubby's feet stink so bad they literally make me gag. It's a very hard to describe smell...something like sweaty, rotton onions. Yes, he bathes daily, don't be rude. I'm not sure if it's his actually feet our more his shoes because he left some shoes in my car the other day and when I opened the door I vomited from the smell. Any suggestions?
Posted by Anonymous on Jun. 7, 2012 at 11:13 PM
Add your quick reply below:
You must be a member to reply to this post.
Replies (1-8):
iluv2meow
by on Jun. 7, 2012 at 11:14 PM

he has actively over sweaty feet. I am not a doctor but I think there are things he can do to try and improve his sweaty smelly feet hygiene.

Mommy_Jenx3
by Ruby Member on Jun. 7, 2012 at 11:15 PM
1 mom liked this
I saw an episode of mythbusters that said to soak your feet in vodka to help with smell. (obviously, making sure there is no infection/fungus or whatever)
nautired
by Bronze Member on Jun. 7, 2012 at 11:15 PM
1 mom liked this
Is he military? I ask because dh boots used to be horrible. I'd suggest odor eaters, baking soda in a sock tie a knot stick it in the shoes over night, and the right socks every time.
Posted on CafeMom Mobile
NoahsMommy1121
by Silver Member on Jun. 7, 2012 at 11:23 PM
1 mom liked this
Tell him to put alot of baby powder in his shoes before he puts them on
Posted on CafeMom Mobile
Anonymous
by Anonymous 1 - Original Poster on Jun. 7, 2012 at 11:26 PM
No not.military but he.works 13 hour shifts in.a werehouse on his feet all day

Quoting nautired:

Is he military? I ask because dh boots used to be horrible. I'd suggest odor eaters, baking soda in a sock tie a knot stick it in the shoes over night, and the right socks every time.
Sanctimommy
by Platinum Member on Jun. 7, 2012 at 11:26 PM

It's the shoes. 

Men tend to smell bad when they sweat, because their sweat is alkaline. Women have a more acidic sweat. The bacteria that produce offensive odors thrive in alkaline environments. Women's sweat does a better job of killing those bacteria.

It also explains why men are more prone to rashes. Our bodies produce a natural protective barrier comprised of acidic sweat and sebum. When the ph is higher (indicating low acid levels), infections can occur on the skin, including fungal and bacterial infections.

Altering his diet to include cranberry juice or other ph altering food and drink may alleviate rashes such as acne, and athlete's foot, as well as produce a less offensive smelling sweat.

Anonymous
by Anonymous 2 on Jun. 8, 2012 at 5:29 AM
I'd have him start with brand new shoes that have plenty of those breathing holes and put some Odor Eaters insoles in them along with the powder. If that doesn't work, I don't know what else to tell you other than that his long hours of manual labor are just always going to create sweaty feet.
Anonymous
by Anonymous 1 - Original Poster on Jun. 8, 2012 at 8:05 AM
Bump
Add your quick reply below:
You must be a member to reply to this post.
Join the Meeting Place for Moms!
Talk to other moms, share advice, and have fun!

(minimum 6 characters)

close Join now to connect to
other members!
Connect with Facebook or Sign Up Using Email

Already Joined? LOG IN