Join the Meeting Place for Moms!
Talk to other moms, share advice, and have fun!

(minimum 6 characters)

If you're child dated a different race....

Anonymous
Posted by Anonymous
  • 26 Replies

I am posting anonomysly for obvious reasons.

Be COMPLETELY HONEST, if you're daugher or son came home one day with a guy/girl that was a different race, would that upset you?

If you have a Black daughter who came home with a white man, or a white daughter who came home with a black man.....would you be shocked? Would you're husband mind?

I am NOT racist, but my father was, and if I would have dated a man from a different race he would have flipped a LID!

(( I am african american btw ))

Please be TOTALLY HONEST girls....

Posted by Anonymous on Jun. 8, 2012 at 5:46 AM
Add your quick reply below:
You must be a member to reply to this post.
Replies (1-10):
Lachrymose
by on Jun. 8, 2012 at 5:48 AM

I wouldn't mind it at all.  :)  I've dated all kinds of races.. oh, and I'm mixed. 

Schleetle
by on Jun. 8, 2012 at 5:49 AM
No. I can't say if I would be surprised, or not though because really they are so young they don't have much in the way of dating preferences. DS2 had a Hispanic "girlfriend" last year, but he was 8 at the time so not a real relationship.
Posted on CafeMom Mobile
KelliansMom
by Platinum Member on Jun. 8, 2012 at 5:50 AM
Wouldn't mind one bit. My husband is biracial himself.
Posted on CafeMom Mobile
wonderouslife84
by Bronze Member on Jun. 8, 2012 at 5:50 AM

fine with me, i dated outside of my race and said fuck you to any one who didnt approve even my grandmother ...so yes i say fuck anyone who tries to stop you

JavaMom2one
by New Member on Jun. 8, 2012 at 6:15 AM

By race are you only implying a black/white mixed relationship or does a mixed cultural relationship count too?

I'm American and I met and married someone from a totally different culture.  We married and moved abroad, to his country.  Was my family thrilled?  I'd have to say no.  Did they try to stop it?  Again, I'd say no as an adult how can anyone tell you what to do.

For my own child, I wouldn't have anything to say if they did the same but I wouldn't be happy if he moved thousands of miles away like I did.  But then again, he's an only child so it would be harder for us, the parents.

My two cents worth.  : )

bowribbonmama
by Ruby Member on Jun. 8, 2012 at 6:17 AM
3 moms liked this

I wouldn't mind. Love knows no skin colour.

SaraSnider
by on Jun. 8, 2012 at 6:21 AM
Nope because i(white) would hope my dd(white) would never judge skin color when i will be having a mixed baby boy(black/white) in oct
Posted on CafeMom Mobile
Anonymous
by Anonymous on Jun. 8, 2012 at 6:24 AM
My brothers bf at 12 was aa, his father died and his mother became a drunk, so he kind of moved in with us. Nothing official but he spent everyday after school at our house until bed time and spent the night every weekend and usually all summer. he is also my first kiss. :)

I have Hispanic aunt, Asian uncle, and mix cousins.

Oh and our family, the cousin and my brother and I are second born Americans. I have cousins that went home and married. Some went to England, Norwegian, and Holland.

My dad is Norwegian, my mom is English/ native American. Her grandfather moved to America and married native American. My dads parents moved from Norway after they were married.

We all belive we came from Noah, skin color isn't issue.
Posted on CafeMom Mobile
Anonymous
by Anonymous on Jun. 8, 2012 at 6:25 AM
I wouldn't care but was raised the same as you by my mom and her side of the family. I would have been disowned if I dated outside my race.
When I was in middle school I asked my mom if one of my friends could come over. Her response was 'she's not one of those slant-eyes is she?'
My grandfather would loudly use the n word in public. I heard all this stuff from a young age and at a young age I knew it wasn't right.
epoh
by Ruby Member on Jun. 8, 2012 at 6:26 AM
I'd cry.
Posted on CafeMom Mobile
Add your quick reply below:
You must be a member to reply to this post.
Join the Meeting Place for Moms!
Talk to other moms, share advice, and have fun!

(minimum 6 characters)

Featured