Join the Meeting Place for Moms!
Talk to other moms, share advice, and have fun!

(minimum 6 characters)

Enjoying a Weekly "Happy Hour" at Home - Courtesy of Their Teenage Son!

Posted by on Jun. 8, 2012 at 10:09 AM
  • 54 Replies

These parents caught their son having a seriously booze-heavy soiree at their house. But is what they did with the alcohol they confiscated - which could have been smuggled in from the other kids' houses - okay, or not?

What would you do if you caught your teenager - and his friends - drinking at your house?

If you liked this video, subscribe to CafeMom Studios for more...
Powered by CafeMom Studios

by on Jun. 8, 2012 at 10:09 AM
Add your quick reply below:
You must be a member to reply to this post.
Replies (1-10):
LoganTroyMom
by on Jun. 8, 2012 at 10:44 AM
i dont see the problem. they shouldnt let the teen know though.
Anonymous
by Anonymous on Jun. 8, 2012 at 10:54 AM
3 moms liked this
Eh, whatever. The one mom suggested making the kid give back all the booze to the parents it was stolen from. Okay fine, but when I was a teen we didn't steal it we had jobs and $$ and usually bribed an older sibling or something to buy it for us.
vinalex0581
by Gold Member on Jun. 8, 2012 at 11:05 AM

i don't think that i would allow the other kids to leave right away only because if they are drunk, i wouldn't want to be responsible for them drinking and driving. but if my son was throwing parties and drinking under age, i wouldn't allow him to do it again. he would be grounded, that's for sure.

Fairegirl33
by Gold Member on Jun. 8, 2012 at 11:27 AM

Quoting LoganTroyMom:

I agree...

corrinacs
by on Jun. 8, 2012 at 11:41 AM
13 moms liked this

This happened to my BIL once.  He brought in a small fridge and stocked it full of "drinks".  His dad found it and took out said "drinks" and put in Coke's and such instead.  You should have seen the kids face when he got home expecting a fun night......but now he's stuck with soda pop :).

Anonymous
by Anonymous on Jun. 8, 2012 at 11:50 AM
5 moms liked this
Hella yeah, I'd keep every bit of it, get super drunk in front of him, and totally play a fool and look like an idiot (play it up a lot) and then maybe puke near him, get a little on his shoe. I think if I do it like that, he'll see how stupid people look when they're drunk, while he's sober, and he won't want to drink. It I find that he has any weed, I'll take it and put it in my stash to smoke later though.
Anonymous
by Anonymous on Jun. 8, 2012 at 12:16 PM
2 moms liked this

Quoting Anonymous:

Hella yeah, I'd keep every bit of it, get super drunk in front of him, and totally play a fool and look like an idiot (play it up a lot) and then maybe puke near him, get a little on his shoe. I think if I do it like that, he'll see how stupid people look when they're drunk, while he's sober, and he won't want to drink. It I find that he has any weed, I'll take it and put it in my stash to smoke later though.

I'm so right there with ya ☺^^^^^^

I would have dumped the alcohol down the drain IN FRONT OF ALL OF THEM, but then again, I don't drink so.........

Cafe AmyS
by Head Admin on Jun. 8, 2012 at 12:48 PM

If the teen is home though, how can they hide it?

Quoting LoganTroyMom:

Cafe AmyS
by Head Admin on Jun. 8, 2012 at 12:49 PM

So, if your child bought it with their own money via an older sibling or friend, what would you do with the alcohol?

Quoting Anonymous:

Eh, whatever. The one mom suggested making the kid give back all the booze to the parents it was stolen from. Okay fine, but when I was a teen we didn't steal it we had jobs and $$ and usually bribed an older sibling or something to buy it for us.

Cafe AmyS
by Head Admin on Jun. 8, 2012 at 12:49 PM
1 mom liked this

I agree!

Quoting vinalex0581:

i don't think that i would allow the other kids to leave right away only because if they are drunk, i wouldn't want to be responsible for them drinking and driving. but if my son was throwing parties and drinking under age, i wouldn't allow him to do it again. he would be grounded, that's for sure.

Add your quick reply below:
You must be a member to reply to this post.
Join the Meeting Place for Moms!
Talk to other moms, share advice, and have fun!

(minimum 6 characters)

Featured