Join the Meeting Place for Moms!
Talk to other moms, share advice, and have fun!

(minimum 6 characters)

Mom Confessions Mom Confessions

Enjoying a Weekly "Happy Hour" at Home - Courtesy of Their Teenage Son!

Posted by   + Show Post

These parents caught their son having a seriously booze-heavy soiree at their house. But is what they did with the alcohol they confiscated - which could have been smuggled in from the other kids' houses - okay, or not?

What would you do if you caught your teenager - and his friends - drinking at your house?

If you liked this video, subscribe to CafeMom Studios for more...
Powered by CafeMom Studios

by on Jun. 8, 2012 at 10:09 AM
Replies (21-30):
Cafe AmyS
by Head Admin on Jun. 8, 2012 at 2:57 PM

That's a good question.  However, since pot (like alcohol) is a mind altering substance, yes I think I'd still take it away and flush it.

Quoting Anonymous:

I understand (and totally respect) your point of view, but if pot was legal would you have done something different?

Quoting Cafe AmyS:

I'm like you, I don't drink much.  But, any drugs, including pot, would be gone so fast (and I don't mean because I'd be smoking it myself), they wouldn't know what happened!

Quoting Anonymous:

Quoting Anonymous:

Hella yeah, I'd keep every bit of it, get super drunk in front of him, and totally play a fool and look like an idiot (play it up a lot) and then maybe puke near him, get a little on his shoe. I think if I do it like that, he'll see how stupid people look when they're drunk, while he's sober, and he won't want to drink. It I find that he has any weed, I'll take it and put it in my stash to smoke later though.

I'm so right there with ya ☺^^^^^^

I would have dumped the alcohol down the drain IN FRONT OF ALL OF THEM, but then again, I don't drink so.........

taak3334
by Bronze Member on Jun. 8, 2012 at 3:30 PM

That is exactly what I would do have the teen go to the other parents give back the booze the kids and the teen took . However to stop having beer in our own home cause the kid/teen did something wrong is dumb were adults !! I dont believe in drinking everyday or gettingdrunk cause I do like to be a good example for my kids and plus I dont like to drink that much or get drunk . Now when my oldest daughter took a piece of candy from the store I would march her up to the manager and she would have to explain what she did and give it back .LESSON LEARNED..MY STEP SON WHO WAS 15 AT THE TIME WHEN WE WERE FOOD SHOPPING ANDI WAS PAYING I WAS PAYING ATTENTION TO HIM AND WHEN WE GOT IN THE CAR HE TOOK SOMETHING OUT OF HIS POCKET IT WAS A LIGHTER ...LIKE I DIDNT NOTICE HIM TAKING IT OUT RIGHT IN FRONT OF ME AND STOPPED THE CAR AND TOOK IN BACK IN THE STORE AND DID THE SAMETHING GOT A MANAGER AND HE HAD TO EXPLAIN .HOW WILL THEY LEARN IF THEY DONT SEE THE REPERCUTIONS..IT'S OUR JOB TO TEACH THEM

Aeonix
by on Jun. 8, 2012 at 3:50 PM
1 mom liked this
Quoting Anonymous:

I would have done the same thing (dumped the alcohol). As you said, we don't drink either though, so it would be no use to us.
Anonymous
by Anonymous 5 on Jun. 8, 2012 at 3:53 PM

I think returning the alcohol is a good idea but a dangerous one too!  There are a lot of parents that would hold you liable even though you are trying to do the right thing.  Also just because teens have boozes doesn't mean they stole it from their parents.  Older siblings and friend could supply it.  My parents caught my sister with some vodka and a few other things once.  They took it and we drank it at an adult only party.  We all made sure to rub it in.  My brother told her to hide it better next time LOL.  So I say drink up and enjoy!

Melanie420
by on Jun. 8, 2012 at 4:11 PM

well first I would be mad that he was having a party and didnt invite me and then I would join in the party and make some jello shots

zianneaaliyah
by 4ever LMFAO on Jun. 8, 2012 at 4:30 PM

I would have only kept the good stuff.  Any beer or wine coolers would have went down the drain, ASAP!

mmtosam06
by Platinum Member on Jun. 8, 2012 at 4:34 PM
I'd dump it out in front of them and take them personally to rehab for alcoholics.
Posted on CafeMom Mobile
krayzbabylove
by on Jun. 8, 2012 at 4:48 PM

Shoot, i would lock it away and drink it at a later date too.. why waste it? lol

Anonymous
by Anonymous 3 on Jun. 8, 2012 at 5:41 PM
Why are you yelling at us? I'm talkin about the all caps.
Also not tryin' to be a b****, I'm just wondering :)

Quoting taak3334:

That is exactly what I would do have the teen go to the other parents give back the booze the kids and the teen took . However to stop having beer in our own home cause the kid/teen did something wrong is dumb were adults !! I dont believe in drinking everyday or gettingdrunk cause I do like to be a good example for my kids and plus I dont like to drink that much or get drunk . Now when my oldest daughter took a piece of candy from the store I would march her up to the manager and she would have to explain what she did and give it back .LESSON LEARNED..MY STEP SON WHO WAS 15 AT THE TIME WHEN WE WERE FOOD SHOPPING ANDI WAS PAYING I WAS PAYING ATTENTION TO HIM AND WHEN WE GOT IN THE CAR HE TOOK SOMETHING OUT OF HIS POCKET IT WAS A LIGHTER ...LIKE I DIDNT NOTICE HIM TAKING IT OUT RIGHT IN FRONT OF ME AND STOPPED THE CAR AND TOOK IN BACK IN THE STORE AND DID THE SAMETHING GOT A MANAGER AND HE HAD TO EXPLAIN .HOW WILL THEY LEARN IF THEY DONT SEE THE REPERCUTIONS..IT'S OUR JOB TO TEACH THEM

Anonymous
by Anonymous 3 on Jun. 8, 2012 at 5:43 PM
Thanks for answering! XOXO

Quoting Cafe AmyS:

That's a good question.  However, since pot (like alcohol) is a mind altering substance, yes I think I'd still take it away and flush it.

Quoting Anonymous:

I understand (and totally respect) your point of view, but if pot was legal would you have done something different?

Quoting Cafe AmyS:

I'm like you, I don't drink much.  But, any drugs, including pot, would be gone so fast (and I don't mean because I'd be smoking it myself), they wouldn't know what happened!

Quoting Anonymous:

Quoting Anonymous:

Hella yeah, I'd keep every bit of it, get super drunk in front of him, and totally play a fool and look like an idiot (play it up a lot) and then maybe puke near him, get a little on his shoe. I think if I do it like that, he'll see how stupid people look when they're drunk, while he's sober, and he won't want to drink. It I find that he has any weed, I'll take it and put it in my stash to smoke later though.

I'm so right there with ya ☺^^^^^^

I would have dumped the alcohol down the drain IN FRONT OF ALL OF THEM, but then again, I don't drink so.........

Add your quick reply below:
You must be a member to reply to this post.
Join the Meeting Place for Moms!
Talk to other moms, share advice, and have fun!

(minimum 6 characters)