Join the Meeting Place for Moms!
Talk to other moms, share advice, and have fun!

(minimum 6 characters)

Mom Confessions Mom Confessions

If your 14 year old was smoking?

Anonymous
Posted by Anonymous
  • 87 Replies

My 14 yr old has been sneaking and smoking cigarettes for about the last 8 months.  No amount of punishment has worked, and I have finally decided that I will not win this battle.  I now let her smoke at home.  Has anyone had this problem before?

Posted by Anonymous on Jun. 8, 2012 at 10:49 AM
Add your quick reply below:
You must be a member to reply to this post.
Replies (1-10):
Anonymous
by Anonymous 2 on Jun. 8, 2012 at 10:50 AM
4 moms liked this
Make her smoke a carton of cowboy killers. It'll work. Trust me. All in one sitting.
Sarahv717
by on Jun. 8, 2012 at 10:51 AM
2 moms liked this
Have u tried making her sit and smoke one after another and see how sick she will get? Seriously don't let her take a break...as soon as she puts one out make her light another
Posted on CafeMom Mobile
JZB
by Gold Member on Jun. 8, 2012 at 10:51 AM
I would never allow that sorry
Posted on CafeMom Mobile
Anonymous
by Anonymous 3 on Jun. 8, 2012 at 10:55 AM

I wouldn't be happy but if they had been smoking that long I'm not sure there's much you can do.  I'm a smoker and I know how hard it is to stop once you started.  Both of my teens are smokers now.

Anonymous
by Anonymous 4 on Jun. 8, 2012 at 10:58 AM
I started when i was 14... my parents did the same thing they eventually gave up. But she can not buy them herself... so make sure you hide yours.
acbbsmama
by Silver Member on Jun. 8, 2012 at 11:02 AM
There's no way on earth I would allow that. She would be visiting a cancer unit talking to patients who have smoking related cancers and writing a report about her experience for starters. You are giving up.
Gealach
by on Jun. 8, 2012 at 11:03 AM
Mine is too young, but my dad did that to me when I was around 16. Once it wasn't taboo anymore it wasn't long before I stopped. He just wouldn't pay for them.
Posted on CafeMom Mobile
IWannaLoveAgain
by on Jun. 8, 2012 at 11:03 AM
2 moms liked this

I went to school with a few kids who's parents did this, even one of my best friends from middle school. he just came to us one day and said "i know y'all are smoking, just dont do it in the house, please." we were 12 at the time. i've smoked almost everyday since then.. my parents knew I smoked, but they never condoned it and NEVER let me smoke in front of them. 

I think knowing they do it, and allowing them to do it in your home while you are present are two different things. 

lauren.m
by Platinum Member on Jun. 8, 2012 at 11:04 AM
Id let my kid smoke but they have to pay for their own.
MamatoKy
by Platinum Member on Jun. 8, 2012 at 11:04 AM

yup, my mom did with me.

Add your quick reply below:
You must be a member to reply to this post.
Join the Meeting Place for Moms!
Talk to other moms, share advice, and have fun!

(minimum 6 characters)