Join the Meeting Place for Moms!
Talk to other moms, share advice, and have fun!

(minimum 6 characters)

Mom Confessions Mom Confessions

Why can women choose to not be mothers but men can't choose to not be fathers? ***EDIT***

Anonymous
Posted by Anonymous
  • 281 Replies
13 moms liked this

Women can choose to give up their children or have an abortion if they don't want to have a child, I know you're supposed to have the guy's approval for adoption but you don't have to have his approval for abortion.  She has a choice if she "accidentally" gets pregnant.  Why don't men get some kind of option to not be fathers?  The only thing they get is that they should have been more careful and not got a woman pregnant.  Kind of seems wrong in a way.  If the mother chooses to keep the child and the father doesn't want the child then shouldn't the responsibility of taking care of the child fall to the mother? 

Women have multiple options for birth control (not including absitnence because according to some women on here they will die if they don't have sex and aren't very selective about who its with) and men only have one at this time.  If the man protects himself against pregnancy and uses a condom and the woman is on no birth control the ball should completely be in her court.  He tried to prevent it and she didn't.

Posted by Anonymous on Jun. 8, 2012 at 10:31 PM
Add your quick reply below:
You must be a member to reply to this post.
Replies (1-10):
1stpreggers
by on Jun. 8, 2012 at 10:32 PM
I think its really unfair towards men. But your body, your choice.
Posted on CafeMom Mobile
Kilahs_mommy_06
by on Jun. 8, 2012 at 10:32 PM
5 moms liked this
Men can choose NOT to be dads its called giving up their rights.
Posted on CafeMom Mobile
kaeleesmommy
by Bronze Member on Jun. 8, 2012 at 10:33 PM
4 moms liked this
They can. They can give up their rights.
Posted on CafeMom Mobile
girl_incognito
by on Jun. 8, 2012 at 10:34 PM
2 moms liked this

Men can sign over their rights

MrsRinehart2010
by on Jun. 8, 2012 at 10:35 PM

i  think it shoud go both ways. When my now husband and I got pregant with our first which was young . Any ways I gave him the opption of wheter or not to stay  but in the end he decided to stay no second thoughts . But I let that option open I didnt want him to feel stuck :O)

UnIdentiFiedOne
by on Jun. 8, 2012 at 10:35 PM
Of course they can. They can do it legally, though many choose to mist walk away.
Posted on CafeMom Mobile
laranadtony
by Ruby Member on Jun. 8, 2012 at 10:36 PM
11 moms liked this

They can keep their dick in their pants.That is 100% effective.

My sons are well aware,"If you going to have sex,picture yourself losing 18-25 years of your pay!"

bellawomen
by Summer on Jun. 8, 2012 at 10:36 PM
6 moms liked this
Many states do not let men give up rights unless there is another man willing to take them over. But I agree op
Posted on CafeMom Mobile
Anonymous
by Anonymous 2 on Jun. 8, 2012 at 10:36 PM
My husband asked the same question on here a few months ago and I got slammed as being an awful, disgusting woman for even agreeing...good luck with this.
wooly
by Knitting Maniac on Jun. 8, 2012 at 10:36 PM

It's called abstinence or a condom.  That's their choice!!

Add your quick reply below:
You must be a member to reply to this post.
Join the Meeting Place for Moms!
Talk to other moms, share advice, and have fun!

(minimum 6 characters)

close Join now to connect to
other members!
Connect with Facebook or Sign Up Using Email

Already Joined? LOG IN