Join the Meeting Place for Moms!
Talk to other moms, share advice, and have fun!

(minimum 6 characters)

Mom Confessions Mom Confessions

So today i went in for my 6 weeks post pardum apptment every thing went great, but i let my midwife know that i was having pain in my right side of my stomach under my rib cage. So she reffered me to a family docter in my area to go in and get my gallbladder checked. But when i called they told me to go to the E.R. to get tested because they cant, they dont have the equipment. So i didnt go today because i dont want to take the baby with me, but it seems i get an upset stomach everytime i eat, and it seems the pain is going to my right hip now and my back sometimes. Has anyone else had problems with this? also what did you have to do?

by on Jun. 8, 2012 at 11:20 PM
Replies (21-27):
cats911
by Silver Member on Jun. 9, 2012 at 4:58 PM

Probably THEY did not do anything wrong.  Your pancreas is tied to your gall bladder somehow.  What the gall bladder does, affects the pancreas.  Mine was so bad when it was finally caught, they had to sedate me for three days, and keep me on drips so my gall bladder would hopefully flame down, so they could go and check and see if was my pancreas also.  You can live without your gall bladder, but NOT the pancreas.  They had to make sure my pancreas was not stirred up,and if it was, to calm it down.

I was in for 7 days because of it.  My sister drove herself to the hospital and had hers taken out and drove herself home the same day.  She said hers was just in and out.  They do not need to cut you like they used to anymore.  I have 3 small incisions, she has 2.  One of them is in your belly button.

Also, my sister drinks milk at LOT, I do not drink ANY.  My husband's doctor says it is the dark cola drinks that cause most people's gall bladder problems.  ME, I do not drink soda.  I do not like it.  It was anything spicy with me, and tomatoes, acidy stuff.

Quoting PeanutsMama1128:

Google natural cures. I had mine removed so did my mom, sister an grandma and aunts. Your body isn't the same afterwards (google that). There are certain foods you should be avoiding dairy being one of them (google that too). There are teas that can helP you to get rid of the stones. Side note: when I had mine removed they did something wrong and I got so sick I was hospitalized for 6 days (pancreatitis) no one wanted to tell me, but later I found out I nearly died. Stay Well. I understand your pain.

Anonymous
by Anonymous 3 on Jun. 9, 2012 at 5:00 PM
Please get it checked out. I know someone who died because of her gallbladder.
AKDmom
by Member on Jun. 9, 2012 at 5:04 PM

I had gallstones in my gallbladder and the doctor said if I dident come in that day to get it checked out and have surgery, it would have busted and I would have died.  It will be a year next month since I had it taken out and I feel so much better now.  The only porblem I have now is acid reflux and sometimes when I eat certain things I have to run to the bathroom.  I can take that than being in pain all the time.

mommie2bof1
by on Jun. 10, 2012 at 1:15 AM

Thank you ladies so much Im going monday morning to the hospital

liz.1986
by on Jun. 10, 2012 at 1:23 AM
I had mine removed in '09. Gallbladders are nothing to fool around with. You can get very sick from gall stones.
Posted on CafeMom Mobile
SarahLynn1985
by on Jun. 10, 2012 at 1:28 AM

I had mine removed when i was 7 months pregnant :/...I had horrible pain on my right side, i lost about 20lbs in my pregnancy because i couldnt keep anything down not even water..They can do a ultrasound to check and also a blood test i think it was liver enzymes, if they are raised it's a possibility...Its a in and out procedure, i have 3 or 4 little scars and thats all...I was out the next day and back to work within 2 or 3 days..

emandab
by Gold Member on Jun. 10, 2012 at 1:33 AM

My sister just had hers out too, I think about two wks pp. Same symptoms.

Quoting Sarahv717:

My friend had to have hers removed a few wks after having her daughter....same symptoms u r having

Add your quick reply below:
You must be a member to reply to this post.
Join the Meeting Place for Moms!
Talk to other moms, share advice, and have fun!

(minimum 6 characters)