Join the Meeting Place for Moms!
Talk to other moms, share advice, and have fun!

(minimum 6 characters)

Mom Confessions Mom Confessions

You are a bad parent if...

Posted by on Jun. 9, 2012 at 7:43 PM
  • 631 Replies
75 moms liked this

You are a bad parent if you let your son/daughter smoke weed (or any recreational drug) or underage drink. Step up, quit being lazy and parent your damn children and don't give me that excuse, "Well, they are going to do it, why not just let them do it safely?" NO. Not at all kids are going to do it. I didn't when i was a teenager and I didn't because my mom was on my case about it. She wasn't lazy, she stepped up and disciplined me. 

Bash me all you want, but I will never let my kids smoke weed/ drink in my house. I take parenting seriously. And I am a new mom. Pregnant with my first (boy) in August! But, I love him and I won't allow him to do any harm to himself. Alcohol is illegal in my state and even if it wasn't, I find nothing good about alcohol. Me being a new mom has nothing to do with the way I have planned to parent...

I love how half the people comment aboout how they let thier kids have sips. Quit being so sensitive. I'm not saying you can't give them a sip. Jesus christ.. use your brains. I'm talking about the parents who let their kids get wasted or stoned. 

Pregnancy Ticker
by on Jun. 9, 2012 at 7:43 PM
Add your quick reply below:
You must be a member to reply to this post.
Replies (1-10):
A.B.C.brown07
by on Jun. 9, 2012 at 7:45 PM
14 moms liked this
Bb
Not only are you a bad parent. But you're a criminal.

Way to go parents! Winning!

Edit: ive been corrected 100 times thank you. I had NO CLUE it was legal to provide alcohol to thier kids. And we seriously wonder why this world is shot to hell and people are eating faces..

laura_sims
by on Jun. 9, 2012 at 7:46 PM
22 moms liked this

I dont agree at all. It is 100% legal for me to buy my underage child alcohol. They are too young for it now but when they are older teens I sure will buy them alcohol for special occasions. Also by the time they are of age marijuana will be legal if they want to smoke it then i would not be against it. 

ETA

I. Eight Different Exceptions to the Minimum Legal Drinking Age (MLDA) of 21
Underage consumption of alcohol is allowed...States

1. on private, non alcohol-selling premises, with parental consent in 29 states

Examples: private home, private office, or private property with parental presence and consent

Alaska, Colorado, Connecticut, Delaware, Georgia, Illinois, Iowa, Kansas, Louisiana, Maine, Maryland, Massachusetts, Minnesota, Mississippi, Montana, Nebraska, Nevada, New Jersey, New Mexico, New York, Ohio, Oklahoma, Oregon, South Carolina, Texas, Virginia, Washington, Wisconsin, Wyoming

2. on private, non alcohol-selling premises, 
without parental consent
 in 6 states

Examples: private home, private office, or private property without parental consent or presence

Louisiana, Nebraska, Nevada, New Jersey, Oklahoma, South Carolina

3. for religious purposes in 25 states

Example: drinking wine during a church ceremony

Arizona, Colorado, Connecticut, Delaware, Georgia, Hawaii, Illinois, Louisiana, Maryland, Michigan, Montana, Nebraska, Nevada, New Jersey, New Mexico, New York, North Carolina, North Dakota, Ohio, Oregon, South Carolina, South Dakota, Tennessee, Utah, Washington, Wyoming

4. for medical purposes in 16 states

Example: medical treatment prescribed or administered by a licensed physician

Alaska, Arizona, Colorado, Connecticut, Georgia, Iowa, Louisiana, Montana, Nebraska, Nevada, New Jersey, North Carolina, Ohio, Utah, Washington, Wyoming

5. for government work related purposes in 4 states

Examples: working undercover with police and participating in government research

Michigan, Mississippi, Oregon, South Carolina

6. for educational purposes in 7 states

Example: students in culinary school

Colorado, Michigan, New Jersey, New York, North Carolina, Rhode Island, Vermont

7. when reporting medical need due to underage drinking for another minor in 3 states

Example: underage drinker calls 911 to report medical emergency for another underage drinker

California, Colorado, North Dakota

8. on alcohol-selling premises, with parental approval in 11 states

Examples: restaurant, bar, or a venue where alcohol is sold

Connecticut, Kansas, Louisiana, Massachusetts, Mississippi, Nevada, New York, Ohio, Texas, Wisconsin, Wyoming

http://drinkingage.procon.org/view.resource.php?resourceID=002591

Anonymous
by Anonymous 1 on Jun. 9, 2012 at 7:46 PM
58 moms liked this
I take parenting seriously too, which is why I understand that I won't be able to control my kids forever... while I don't approve of underage drinking/smoking.. I will not punish my children for doing it. I will however punish my children if I'm lied to about it.
LucyMom08
by BS Intolerant on Jun. 9, 2012 at 7:47 PM
1 mom liked this

How old are your kids?

laura_sims
by on Jun. 9, 2012 at 7:49 PM
3 moms liked this

I can get arrested for what? 

If it was legal for them to smoke and they want to then how can i get arrested for it?

It is 100% legal for me to buy and supply alcohol to my own children how could i get arrested for it?

Quoting :

MamaJess9
by Platinum Member on Jun. 9, 2012 at 7:51 PM
5 moms liked this
Not true. It is perfectly legal for me to buy alcohol and allow my child to drink it in my home as long as I am here.

Quoting A.B.C.brown07:

Posted on CafeMom Mobile
laura_sims
by on Jun. 9, 2012 at 7:52 PM
1 mom liked this

In most states it is perfectly legal for a parent to supply their child with alcohol. How does that make them a criminal?

Quoting A.B.C.brown07:

mommy_me
by ~The Three B's~ on Jun. 9, 2012 at 7:52 PM

Agreed

Beautiful31mom
by on Jun. 9, 2012 at 7:54 PM
4 moms liked this

Quoting LucyMom08:

How old are your kids?

she is pregnant with her first according to her profile. 

Visit us at True Friends Cafe

Love the Lord your God with all your heart and with all your soul and with all your mind and with all your strength. The second is this: ‘Love your neighbor as yourself.There is no commandment greater than these.-Mark 12:30-31

A.B.C.brown07
by on Jun. 9, 2012 at 7:54 PM
15 moms liked this
Quoting MamaJess9:

It is illegal to purchase alcohol for a MINOR period. It is ILLEGAL to SUPPLY alcohol to underage children. Seriously thought this was common knowledge

Add your quick reply below:
You must be a member to reply to this post.
Join the Meeting Place for Moms!
Talk to other moms, share advice, and have fun!

(minimum 6 characters)

close Join now to connect to
other members!
Connect with Facebook or Sign Up Using Email

Already Joined? LOG IN