Join the Meeting Place for Moms!
Talk to other moms, share advice, and have fun!

(minimum 6 characters)

Mom Confessions Mom Confessions

You are a bad parent if you let your son/daughter smoke weed (or any recreational drug) or underage drink. Step up, quit being lazy and parent your damn children and don't give me that excuse, "Well, they are going to do it, why not just let them do it safely?" NO. Not at all kids are going to do it. I didn't when i was a teenager and I didn't because my mom was on my case about it. She wasn't lazy, she stepped up and disciplined me. 

Bash me all you want, but I will never let my kids smoke weed/ drink in my house. I take parenting seriously. And I am a new mom. Pregnant with my first (boy) in August! But, I love him and I won't allow him to do any harm to himself. Alcohol is illegal in my state and even if it wasn't, I find nothing good about alcohol. Me being a new mom has nothing to do with the way I have planned to parent...

I love how half the people comment aboout how they let thier kids have sips. Quit being so sensitive. I'm not saying you can't give them a sip. Jesus christ.. use your brains. I'm talking about the parents who let their kids get wasted or stoned. 

Pregnancy Ticker
by on Jun. 9, 2012 at 7:43 PM
Replies (41-50):
paknari
by on Jun. 9, 2012 at 8:21 PM
Where do you live where it's legal to buy alcohol for your underage child? I live in AZ and it doesnt matter if you are the parent or random person. It's a misdemeanor

Quoting laura_sims:

I can get arrested for what? 

If it was legal for them to smoke and they want to then how can i get arrested for it?

It is 100% legal for me to buy and supply alcohol to my own children how could i get arrested for it?

Quoting :

Posted on CafeMom Mobile
A.B.C.brown07
by on Jun. 9, 2012 at 8:22 PM
A nerve? Upset? over CAFEMOM?! BWAHAHAHAHAHAHAHAHAHAHAHAHAHAHAHAHAHAHA

Who gets mad over strangers on the net? BWAHAHAHAHAHAHAHAHAHAHAHAHAHAHAHAHA

Whew!!! I needed that ...LMAO thanks! Anyone that gets upset over internet peeps MUST not have friends in real life.... sorry chica, not me! Have a good night!

Quoting Lovemyfamilyof8:

Quoting A.B.C.brown07:

lol.... you are tge exact reason I smile! I hit a nerve!!!! Aww poor baby, are you upset that I didn't allow you to defeat me with crap?
Posted on CafeMom Mobile
laura_sims
by on Jun. 9, 2012 at 8:22 PM

Colorado. Look a few posts back and i posted all of the states where it is legal 29 states have it legal if a parent is supplying alcohol to their own child

Quoting paknari:

Where do you live where it's legal to buy alcohol for your underage child? I live in AZ and it doesnt matter if you are the parent or random person. It's a misdemeanor

Quoting laura_sims:

I can get arrested for what? 

If it was legal for them to smoke and they want to then how can i get arrested for it?

It is 100% legal for me to buy and supply alcohol to my own children how could i get arrested for it?

Quoting :

RedRozeMom
by on Jun. 9, 2012 at 8:23 PM
4 moms liked this
Oh dear god.....

Get pregnant for the first time and suddenly knows all about being a parent.....what a joke..

My daughter is 19...I had the talks. I had the tight control over who she hung out with. Hell...I even had the curfews...all that "good parenting" still didn't stop my child from smoking weed, cigs, and having a beer or two.

Quoting Beautiful31mom:

Quoting LucyMom08:

How old are your kids?

she is pregnant with her first according to her profile. 

Posted on CafeMom Mobile
A.B.C.brown07
by on Jun. 9, 2012 at 8:23 PM
Its legal here too! Had NO clue. Im shocked!! Its offical..my kids are NEVER growing up..

Quoting AdellesMom:

Actually, in Washington State, it's perfectly legal for a child to drunk alcohol with their parents around. I read that on CNN or something...lol

Quoting A.B.C.brown07:

Quoting MamaJess9:

It is illegal to purchase alcohol for a MINOR period. It is ILLEGAL to SUPPLY alcohol to underage children. Seriously thought this was common knowledge
Posted on CafeMom Mobile
DannieLou
by Mockingjay on Jun. 9, 2012 at 8:24 PM
Wow! Thanks for the education! I'm in Missouri, none of those apply here I see. I had no idea it was legal anywhere else. Learn something new every day! :)

Quoting laura_sims:

Quoting DannieLou:

And what state are you all in where it's legal to give your kids alcohol? People around here get arrested for that! I won't be supplying my kids with it, we have a family history of alcoholics. And before anyone asks, mine are 9, 11 and 13.

I. Eight Different Exceptions to the Minimum Legal Drinking Age (MLDA) of 21
Underage consumption of alcohol is allowed...States

1. on private, non alcohol-selling premises, with parental consent in 29 states

Examples: private home, private office, or private property with parental presence and consent

Alaska, Colorado, Connecticut, Delaware, Georgia, Illinois, Iowa, Kansas, Louisiana, Maine, Maryland, Massachusetts, Minnesota, Mississippi, Montana, Nebraska, Nevada, New Jersey, New Mexico, New York, Ohio, Oklahoma, Oregon, South Carolina, Texas, Virginia, Washington, Wisconsin, Wyoming

2. on private, non alcohol-selling premises, 
without parental consent
 in 6 states

Examples: private home, private office, or private property without parental consent or presence

Louisiana, Nebraska, Nevada, New Jersey, Oklahoma, South Carolina

3. for religious purposes in 25 states

Example: drinking wine during a church ceremony

Arizona, Colorado, Connecticut, Delaware, Georgia, Hawaii, Illinois, Louisiana, Maryland, Michigan, Montana, Nebraska, Nevada, New Jersey, New Mexico, New York, North Carolina, North Dakota, Ohio, Oregon, South Carolina, South Dakota, Tennessee, Utah, Washington, Wyoming

4. for medical purposes in 16 states

Example: medical treatment prescribed or administered by a licensed physician

Alaska, Arizona, Colorado, Connecticut, Georgia, Iowa, Louisiana, Montana, Nebraska, Nevada, New Jersey, North Carolina, Ohio, Utah, Washington, Wyoming

5. for government work related purposes in 4 states

Examples: working undercover with police and participating in government research

Michigan, Mississippi, Oregon, South Carolina

6. for educational purposes in 7 states

Example: students in culinary school

Colorado, Michigan, New Jersey, New York, North Carolina, Rhode Island, Vermont

7. when reporting medical need due to underage drinking for another minor in 3 states

Example: underage drinker calls 911 to report medical emergency for another underage drinker

California, Colorado, North Dakota

8. on alcohol-selling premises, with parental approval in 11 states

Examples: restaurant, bar, or a venue where alcohol is sold

Connecticut, Kansas, Louisiana, Massachusetts, Mississippi, Nevada, New York, Ohio, Texas, Wisconsin, Wyoming

Posted on CafeMom Mobile
A.B.C.brown07
by on Jun. 9, 2012 at 8:25 PM
Im WELL aware nowwwwwwww thankkkkkkkksssssss

Quoting mommyrustina:

No, actually, in a lot of states, it is perfectly legal to buy and supply your own minor children with alcohol, under your supervision.

Quoting A.B.C.brown07:

Posted on CafeMom Mobile
AdellesMom
LOL!

It's legal in Mississippi too. That's where I'm at.

Quoting A.B.C.brown07:

Its legal here too! Had NO clue. Im shocked!! Its offical..my kids are NEVER growing up..

Quoting AdellesMom:

Actually, in Washington State, it's perfectly legal for a child to drunk alcohol with their parents around. I read that on CNN or something...lol

Quoting A.B.C.brown07:

Quoting MamaJess9:

It is illegal to purchase alcohol for a MINOR period. It is ILLEGAL to SUPPLY alcohol to underage children. Seriously thought this was common knowledge
Posted on CafeMom Mobile
heartnhidin
2 moms liked this
I agree. Your a parent not a friend
Posted on CafeMom Mobile
A.B.C.brown07
by on Jun. 9, 2012 at 8:26 PM
YOU AND ME BOTH! Im APALLED!

IM running for presidency thats it... lol

Quoting DannieLou:

Wow! Thanks for the education! I'm in Missouri, none of those apply here I see. I had no idea it was legal anywhere else. Learn something new every day! :)

Quoting laura_sims:

Quoting DannieLou:

And what state are you all in where it's legal to give your kids alcohol? People around here get arrested for that! I won't be supplying my kids with it, we have a family history of alcoholics. And before anyone asks, mine are 9, 11 and 13.

I. Eight Different Exceptions to the Minimum Legal Drinking Age (MLDA) of 21
Underage consumption of alcohol is allowed...States

1. on private, non alcohol-selling premises, with parental consent in 29 states

Examples: private home, private office, or private property with parental presence and consent

Alaska, Colorado, Connecticut, Delaware, Georgia, Illinois, Iowa, Kansas, Louisiana, Maine, Maryland, Massachusetts, Minnesota, Mississippi, Montana, Nebraska, Nevada, New Jersey, New Mexico, New York, Ohio, Oklahoma, Oregon, South Carolina, Texas, Virginia, Washington, Wisconsin, Wyoming

2. on private, non alcohol-selling premises, 
without parental consent
 in 6 states

Examples: private home, private office, or private property without parental consent or presence

Louisiana, Nebraska, Nevada, New Jersey, Oklahoma, South Carolina

3. for religious purposes in 25 states

Example: drinking wine during a church ceremony

Arizona, Colorado, Connecticut, Delaware, Georgia, Hawaii, Illinois, Louisiana, Maryland, Michigan, Montana, Nebraska, Nevada, New Jersey, New Mexico, New York, North Carolina, North Dakota, Ohio, Oregon, South Carolina, South Dakota, Tennessee, Utah, Washington, Wyoming

4. for medical purposes in 16 states

Example: medical treatment prescribed or administered by a licensed physician

Alaska, Arizona, Colorado, Connecticut, Georgia, Iowa, Louisiana, Montana, Nebraska, Nevada, New Jersey, North Carolina, Ohio, Utah, Washington, Wyoming

5. for government work related purposes in 4 states

Examples: working undercover with police and participating in government research

Michigan, Mississippi, Oregon, South Carolina

6. for educational purposes in 7 states

Example: students in culinary school

Colorado, Michigan, New Jersey, New York, North Carolina, Rhode Island, Vermont

7. when reporting medical need due to underage drinking for another minor in 3 states

Example: underage drinker calls 911 to report medical emergency for another underage drinker

California, Colorado, North Dakota

8. on alcohol-selling premises, with parental approval in 11 states

Examples: restaurant, bar, or a venue where alcohol is sold

Connecticut, Kansas, Louisiana, Massachusetts, Mississippi, Nevada, New York, Ohio, Texas, Wisconsin, Wyoming

Posted on CafeMom Mobile
Add your quick reply below:
You must be a member to reply to this post.
Join the Meeting Place for Moms!
Talk to other moms, share advice, and have fun!

(minimum 6 characters)

close Join now to connect to
other members!
Connect with Facebook or Sign Up Using Email

Already Joined? LOG IN