Join the Meeting Place for Moms!
Talk to other moms, share advice, and have fun!

(minimum 6 characters)

Mom Confessions Mom Confessions

You are a bad parent if you let your son/daughter smoke weed (or any recreational drug) or underage drink. Step up, quit being lazy and parent your damn children and don't give me that excuse, "Well, they are going to do it, why not just let them do it safely?" NO. Not at all kids are going to do it. I didn't when i was a teenager and I didn't because my mom was on my case about it. She wasn't lazy, she stepped up and disciplined me. 

Bash me all you want, but I will never let my kids smoke weed/ drink in my house. I take parenting seriously. And I am a new mom. Pregnant with my first (boy) in August! But, I love him and I won't allow him to do any harm to himself. Alcohol is illegal in my state and even if it wasn't, I find nothing good about alcohol. Me being a new mom has nothing to do with the way I have planned to parent...

I love how half the people comment aboout how they let thier kids have sips. Quit being so sensitive. I'm not saying you can't give them a sip. Jesus christ.. use your brains. I'm talking about the parents who let their kids get wasted or stoned. 

Pregnancy Ticker
by on Jun. 9, 2012 at 7:43 PM
Replies (581-590):
uriahadel
by Platinum Member on Jun. 12, 2012 at 4:00 PM
And just a little side note for those who think it is okay to supply alcohol, drugs or cigs to your minor so they won't abuse it or go out with others and do it.
Alcoholism is in my family and so is smoking and doing drugs. My family does the same thing, they will supply it to their teen so they will only do it at home. Most of them became alcoholics before hitting adulthood, and are constent smokers. A few of them have been arrested or still in prison because of drugs. But they all started off the way you all are doing, but it ends in nothing but heartache. I have lost 3 very close family members to me due to alcohol and I am about to lose two more. My aunt who is paraplegic is dying and she is barely 40, and so is my mom, she is only 48... really, I encourage y'all to really think about what y'all are exposing your children to. Some may get lucky and be okay but others won't. And my own family members are not allowed around my kids... I won't even let my own birth mother around them, because I love my kids, and only want the best for them. I don't want them having any other kind of influence on them so that when they do get older and are faced with those decisions then they will know what to do, and that is to stay away from it all... I am also homeschooling my kids because of stuff like this. Call me paranoid and over protective but atlease I love my kids enough to care about their wellbeing. I never want to see them in jail, I never want to see them on drugs, I never want to see them as alcoholics, and I never want to see them smoking because I didn't care enough to warn them and be the parent and say no!
I actually got lucky because my own family made me sick and I got out, and my kids better believe, I will beat their butts til they wish they were dead if I caught them doing any of it
Posted on CafeMom Mobile
Anonymous
by Anonymous 67 on Jun. 12, 2012 at 4:03 PM
1 mom liked this
That shit is not legal where I live! And i'm glad somebody said it!
uriahadel
by Platinum Member on Jun. 12, 2012 at 4:12 PM
You are just too stupid and ignorant.. anybody can put anything on the internet... are you really that naiive and ignorant? Didn't I just tell you, parents are getting arrested here everyday for supplying alcoholic beverages to their underage teenagers. If it is illegal then why are they getting arrested? You need to grow up, get off of the internet, and seek help on how to raise your own children properly... and stop getting your sources from a internet, because appearantly it is not true. I just called my ex boyfriend up who is a police officer and asked him if it was legal and he said y'all were stupid... I am not responding anymore cause I know the truth... you will just be responding to yourself

Quoting laura_sims:

Hun you cant argue with state law

O.C.G.A. § 3-3-23

That is the state law it falls under look it up

Just because you are too dense to understand state law doesnt mean it does not exist 

Quoting uriahadel:

Honey, I live here.. I don't care what kind of website you dug up but that is not true. I have worked with cps and know first hand. I have seen parents get arrested for supplying their children with alcohol, I have also dated a police officer who have locked up both the parents and the teen so you are wrong... why don't you come here and ask any officer if it is legal? They will laugh you right out of the state... you are wrong, I don't care what a website says because I know first hand

Quoting laura_sims:

No in georgia it is NOT illegal for a parent to give their own child alcohol. I just posted a link to the law itself. 

You can NOT supply other peoples kids with drinks and your kid can not get alcohol from somewhere else but it is NOT illegal for a parent to give their own child alcohol 

You cant argue with your state laws 

Quoting uriahadel:

I am not going to debate this but in my opinion they are bad parents, and they will always be bad parents to me, and those are the kind of people I would never let my children around... and by the way in georgia it is illegal. I have seen parents locked up for supplying their teenager with alcohol, the kids were too. I have seen kids taken away from parents because of alcohol being supplied to the children. It is called abuse, and georgia will not play when it concerns minors.

Quoting laura_sims:

Just because you dont think it is a good thing to do doesnt mean someone is a bad parent because of it

and like my last replies to you said it is NOT illegal in most states. 

Quoting uriahadel:

Most alcoholics started drinking when they were teens, and do you think just cause a parent gives alcohol to their children, it means they are not getting it from some where else too? Kids are kids, and will try to rebel in every which way they can, but the parents needs to step up and be the parent and tell their child no. It is wrong, it is illegal, it is unethical, and it is a bad bad bad parent who would sit there and supply alcohol to their kids

Quoting Anonymous:

Omg!!

Ladies, these women, who you are calling bad parents(amongst other names) are not talking about taking their children out partying. They are not talking about taking them to the bars, and having drinking contests with them. They are not talking about trying to turn their children into alcoholics.

It just amuses me how so many people turn it into something that's WAY bigger than what is being said.

Some of you exaggerate everything, a little too much.

Posted on CafeMom Mobile
laura_sims
by on Jun. 12, 2012 at 4:17 PM

http://www.lexisnexis.com/hottopics/gacode/

Hun it is okay to admit you are wrong this is straight from your states website http://georgia.gov/

You cant fake a .gov

it is illegal if you are giving other peoples kids alcohol that is why most people get arrested. What is the non emergency number where you live? I would love to call and see what they say. 

Quoting uriahadel:

You are just too stupid and ignorant.. anybody can put anything on the internet... are you really that naiive and ignorant? Didn't I just tell you, parents are getting arrested here everyday for supplying alcoholic beverages to their underage teenagers. If it is illegal then why are they getting arrested? You need to grow up, get off of the internet, and seek help on how to raise your own children properly... and stop getting your sources from a internet, because appearantly it is not true. I just called my ex boyfriend up who is a police officer and asked him if it was legal and he said y'all were stupid... I am not responding anymore cause I know the truth... you will just be responding to yourself

Quoting laura_sims:

Hun you cant argue with state law

O.C.G.A. § 3-3-23

That is the state law it falls under look it up

Just because you are too dense to understand state law doesnt mean it does not exist 

Quoting uriahadel:

Honey, I live here.. I don't care what kind of website you dug up but that is not true. I have worked with cps and know first hand. I have seen parents get arrested for supplying their children with alcohol, I have also dated a police officer who have locked up both the parents and the teen so you are wrong... why don't you come here and ask any officer if it is legal? They will laugh you right out of the state... you are wrong, I don't care what a website says because I know first hand

Quoting laura_sims:

No in georgia it is NOT illegal for a parent to give their own child alcohol. I just posted a link to the law itself. 

You can NOT supply other peoples kids with drinks and your kid can not get alcohol from somewhere else but it is NOT illegal for a parent to give their own child alcohol 

You cant argue with your state laws 

Quoting uriahadel:

I am not going to debate this but in my opinion they are bad parents, and they will always be bad parents to me, and those are the kind of people I would never let my children around... and by the way in georgia it is illegal. I have seen parents locked up for supplying their teenager with alcohol, the kids were too. I have seen kids taken away from parents because of alcohol being supplied to the children. It is called abuse, and georgia will not play when it concerns minors.

Quoting laura_sims:

Just because you dont think it is a good thing to do doesnt mean someone is a bad parent because of it

and like my last replies to you said it is NOT illegal in most states. 

Quoting uriahadel:

Most alcoholics started drinking when they were teens, and do you think just cause a parent gives alcohol to their children, it means they are not getting it from some where else too? Kids are kids, and will try to rebel in every which way they can, but the parents needs to step up and be the parent and tell their child no. It is wrong, it is illegal, it is unethical, and it is a bad bad bad parent who would sit there and supply alcohol to their kids

Quoting Anonymous:

Omg!!

Ladies, these women, who you are calling bad parents(amongst other names) are not talking about taking their children out partying. They are not talking about taking them to the bars, and having drinking contests with them. They are not talking about trying to turn their children into alcoholics.

It just amuses me how so many people turn it into something that's WAY bigger than what is being said.

Some of you exaggerate everything, a little too much.

uriahadel
by Platinum Member on Jun. 12, 2012 at 4:31 PM
I just read the laws on the internet and there is something you are skipping over. It states, just because a jurisdiction allows a parent to supply alcohol does not mean it is legal for a minor to drink it, and they can and still will be arrested for consumption. And it really depends on the juristinction, because here it is not tolerated whatsoever...
Posted on CafeMom Mobile
uriahadel
by Platinum Member on Jun. 12, 2012 at 4:33 PM
And the parent will also be arrested as well for purchasing the alcohol... understand your facts first before you post on here... either way it is still illegal for any minor to consume alcohol whether the parent bought it or not
Posted on CafeMom Mobile
laura_sims
by on Jun. 12, 2012 at 4:35 PM

Nope read the whole law. There is an exception to drinking age if a parent supplies it. It clearly says that

Quoting uriahadel:

And the parent will also be arrested as well for purchasing the alcohol... understand your facts first before you post on here... either way it is still illegal for any minor to consume alcohol whether the parent bought it or not

Anonymous
by Anonymous 68 on Jun. 12, 2012 at 4:35 PM

I am with you on this! COMPLETELY! I have been the same way since my oldest was born... he's 7 now! I do not intend to change my mind ever either! If he does make bad decisions like that... then it will be very hard for him... He will have mastered being sneaky! lol

noneya79
by on Jun. 12, 2012 at 4:37 PM

In Indiana, it is ILLEGAL to drink alcohol if you are under 21. And a parent will go to jail for purchasing it for their own child. I read all the time in our scanner about underage people going to jail for "minor consumption"... You get a couple nights in jail, then probation.. That's if it's your first offense!

Quoting laura_sims:

Nope read the whole law. There is an exception to drinking age if a parent supplies it. It clearly says that

Quoting uriahadel:

laura_sims
by on Jun. 12, 2012 at 4:39 PM

Indiana is one of the states that does not have an exception to the drinking law. 

there are 29 states that do though 

Quoting noneya79:

In Indiana, it is ILLEGAL to drink alcohol if you are under 21. And a parent will go to jail for purchasing it for their own child. I read all the time in our scanner about underage people going to jail for "minor consumption"... You get a couple nights in jail, then probation.. That's if it's your first offense!

Quoting laura_sims:

Quoting uriahadel:

Add your quick reply below:
You must be a member to reply to this post.
Join the Meeting Place for Moms!
Talk to other moms, share advice, and have fun!

(minimum 6 characters)

close Join now to connect to
other members!
Connect with Facebook or Sign Up Using Email

Already Joined? LOG IN