Join the Meeting Place for Moms!
Talk to other moms, share advice, and have fun!

(minimum 6 characters)

Mom Confessions Mom Confessions

You are a bad parent if you let your son/daughter smoke weed (or any recreational drug) or underage drink. Step up, quit being lazy and parent your damn children and don't give me that excuse, "Well, they are going to do it, why not just let them do it safely?" NO. Not at all kids are going to do it. I didn't when i was a teenager and I didn't because my mom was on my case about it. She wasn't lazy, she stepped up and disciplined me. 

Bash me all you want, but I will never let my kids smoke weed/ drink in my house. I take parenting seriously. And I am a new mom. Pregnant with my first (boy) in August! But, I love him and I won't allow him to do any harm to himself. Alcohol is illegal in my state and even if it wasn't, I find nothing good about alcohol. Me being a new mom has nothing to do with the way I have planned to parent...

I love how half the people comment aboout how they let thier kids have sips. Quit being so sensitive. I'm not saying you can't give them a sip. Jesus christ.. use your brains. I'm talking about the parents who let their kids get wasted or stoned. 

Pregnancy Ticker
by on Jun. 9, 2012 at 7:43 PM
Replies (631-631):
FoxxyMama1
by Member on Jun. 22, 2012 at 8:01 AM

There is a huge difference between letting your child drink alcohol under your roof (no limits) and having an ounce or so of wine or beer with the family on occassion.  The later helps foster a healthy attitude towards the resposibility of drinking vs. the former which shows a parent doesn't care.  We were allowed (at around 16 or so) to have a little wine with dinner when my parents were having it.  My father also let me have a few sips of his scotch.  We also knew that while it was okay in the house, it was absolutely not okay outside the house and if we made the choice to drink outside the home underage and were caught, we'd suffer the consequences.

Only my brother got busted, at 20, on spring break in Florida.   He called my parents to bail him out and they had him put the officer on the phone.  The cop hung up smiled at my brother and said "oh, this is gonna be fun!".  He spent the next day or two washing every cop car (public and private) in the town.  My Dad's idea :)

Add your quick reply below:
You must be a member to reply to this post.
Join the Meeting Place for Moms!
Talk to other moms, share advice, and have fun!

(minimum 6 characters)

close Join now to connect to
other members!
Connect with Facebook or Sign Up Using Email

Already Joined? LOG IN