Join the Meeting Place for Moms!
Talk to other moms, share advice, and have fun!

(minimum 6 characters)

Mom Confessions Mom Confessions

opinions wanted.....

Anonymous
Posted by Anonymous
  • 119 Replies

Ok my dd is graduating 8th grade. She has always done very well in school and has always tried her best. She is a straight A student. So I decided to have a grade party for her, I spent over 400 dollars and she invited over 30 kids. Out of all of them she recieved 3 cards.gifts. My question is would you send your child to a gradeuation party with no card/gift? 

Posted by Anonymous on Jun. 10, 2012 at 12:00 AM
Add your quick reply below:
You must be a member to reply to this post.
Replies (1-10):
ROBIN-C
by Gold Member on Jun. 10, 2012 at 12:07 AM
2 moms liked this

i think they assumed it was a graduation for all of them, its 8th grade not high school.

we did same thing on much smaller scale (hand ful of immediate friends) and no one brought gifts.

did you plan the party inorder for her to get gifts or celebrate the end of middle school?

Anonymous
by Anonymous on Jun. 10, 2012 at 12:08 AM
Hey it is what it is, sorry...
mamadrama15
by Vmama on Jun. 10, 2012 at 12:09 AM
1 mom liked this
No I wouldn't send my child without some type of gift
Posted on CafeMom Mobile
rainymaxwell
by on Jun. 10, 2012 at 12:11 AM
2 moms liked this
If it was to celebrate her accomplishments I would expect gifts from family but definitely not (expect) any from her fellow classmates who made their own accomplishments as well.
Posted on CafeMom Mobile
Anonymous
by Anonymous - Original Poster on Jun. 10, 2012 at 12:23 AM
1 mom liked this

it wasn't about who made accompilishments in my opinion, but more so that I took the time and money to celebrate my dd accomplishments. And I am not saying an expensive gift but just think something would have been nice. If the case was that I was celebrating all of threir accomplishments maybe the parents should have offered a desert or a drink.Thats what I would have done

gwebkeijmmm
by Ruby Member on Jun. 10, 2012 at 12:25 AM
3 moms liked this
I personally wouldn't have thought to send a gift to a party like this.
Posted on CafeMom Mobile
iluv2meow
by on Jun. 10, 2012 at 12:25 AM

I am utterly shocked you were expecting people to give your daughter MONEY!

Tish_Hughes
by on Jun. 10, 2012 at 12:25 AM

Nah. Like someone else said, it's the 8th grade. I could see if she were graduating high school, but the 8th grade? Seriously? I would let my child go and she can give a card, but I'm not sending money for a measly 8th grade graduation.

alexsmomaubrys2
by Ruby Member on Jun. 10, 2012 at 12:27 AM
1 mom liked this
I didn't realize an 8th grade graduation requires a gift from friends that probably graduated too. Did you get them all gifts too?
Posted on CafeMom Mobile
hautemama83
by Emerald Member on Jun. 10, 2012 at 12:27 AM
1 mom liked this
I wouldn't sent my child to an 8th grade graduation party with a gift. Its not a huge milestone IMO, and really wouldn't it be more of a celebration of all the students she invited as well?
Posted on CafeMom Mobile
Add your quick reply below:
You must be a member to reply to this post.
Join the Meeting Place for Moms!
Talk to other moms, share advice, and have fun!

(minimum 6 characters)