Join the Meeting Place for Moms!
Talk to other moms, share advice, and have fun!

(minimum 6 characters)

if i see one more NEGATIVE post or hear one more NEGATIVE comment about it

Posted by Anonymous   + Show Post
I'm taking about pitbulls. I'm sure I'm going to get bashed and your all entitled to.your opinion as am I. I have rotti pit mix. At first I was opposed to it I've heard the horror stories. But really they are just sweet loving lap dogs that are missunderstood. Most are not raised properly and some think.its so.cute that they charge after other dogs and people. My pit is the best and I will probably always have a pit now. She is gently and loving and great with my kid and his friends who are alone with my pit sometimes. She even sleeps with DS. I realize dogs can snap but so can any animal....and people. I would faster trust a dog than a person. People are fake. I see on the news about moms shooting and stabbing there kids. Leaving them on the side of the road drowning them...they did these things to their own kids. I haven't heard anything in my area recently about dogs. Probably the last.time I heard anything was 5 years ago about. People need to educate them selfsame on the breed. Hell go down to.your local shelter and volenteer so you can see how great they are.

I'm a responsible pit owner...my kid is alone with my pit and I trust my
pit more than most people. I'm tired of people who have never met me or my dog telling me how I'm a shitty mom and my pit is going to rip my sons arm off and eat him one day. Your uneducated. I also laugh at the people who say well I am educated I have my masters in teachering or whatever.. here's your sign you just proved my point. Great you can teach...you still don't know shit about dogs. I have to laugh at the responses I get.

Who loves their pit???? Do you leave your kids alone with your pit???

I'm sure there are also a million spelling.mistakes I'm mobile.with a phone that I can't turn autocorrect off and.it.loves.to. change words and add periods in randomly so if that's.the only.thing.you have to say don't bother. Yes I have been to.the phone store and asked them.to turn it.off and they can't there is.not button.to.turn it.off. my phone is a pos
Posted by Anonymous on Jun. 10, 2012 at 12:46 AM
Replies (101-110):
GavinsMom101310
by on Jun. 10, 2012 at 2:00 AM
And I am not the one getting pissed off and defensive because someone caught my misspelling when I tried to call someone else out on theirs, that was you.

Quoting Anonymous:

You grow the hell up - I'm not commenting on your reply ... It's the other way around --- I'm glad you got your little two cents out & that you feel better

Quoting GavinsMom101310:

Actually, Anon-a-bitch, I can read just peachy. That's why I noticed your misspelled word, "tittle", when it should have been "title". Grow the hell up.

Quoting Anonymous:

Really UDGAF?? my shit is spelled correctly or can't you read idiot?

Quoting GavinsMom101310:

idgaf, if you want to be a spelling Nazi, spell your own shit correctly.

Quoting Anonymous:

Yelp you got me, my finger slipping and adding an extra 't' is the exact same thing as being completely ignorant to how a word is spelled.

Quoting GavinsMom101310:

and you misspelled "title".

Quoting Anonymous:

HAHA I didn't even read the post -- after the misspelled tittle .... I gave up

Quoting Anonymous:

She forgot to fix "your uneducated." lol....

Quoting Anonymous:

Haha she fixed the words LOL

Posted on CafeMom Mobile
nolo82
by Platinum Member on Jun. 10, 2012 at 2:01 AM
She'll get her pit to attack the poster...Duh. Lol. Jk

Quoting Anonymous:

I think you are as dumb as a box of rocks. I will leave it at that. If you see one more negative comment about it you'll do what?
Posted on CafeMom Mobile
morrigan914
by Gold Member on Jun. 10, 2012 at 2:02 AM
My babysitter has a pit and it is the sweetest dog ever :)

mommac10
by on Jun. 10, 2012 at 2:02 AM
1 mom liked this
I'm all for pits but really? You think you can stop people from posting their opinions? That's what it is. An opinion. It's like an ass hole. EVERYBODY has one!
Posted on CafeMom Mobile
Mom2Addison12
by on Jun. 10, 2012 at 2:03 AM

here is the thing though............

have you raised the pit since it was 6 weeks old?

my problem is if you take a pit that was resuced from a person who had it fighting.

Maevelyn
by Gold Member on Jun. 10, 2012 at 2:03 AM

I grew up with dobermans when the were the bad dog de jour so I don't judge. Every pitt I know is a sweet heart.

Anonymous
by Anonymous on Jun. 10, 2012 at 2:04 AM
I've witnessed and seen them snap out of nowhere. I'm sorry op but you are ignorant. My german Shepard doesn't snap like that. She wouldn't kill someone unless they were a threat to me. Pitts can be great sweet dogs but they flip and can turn right on their own owner! I understand you raised it properly with love but there are many studies done on their brain chemistry and they have a different genetic make up. Naturally, they are more aggressive. It's nice you're not afraid of yours but you are actually endangering you child.

Quoting Fatal_Frost:

The word is negAtive, dear heart...   and Pitbulls are the devil...  I am so thankful I live in a town that will confiscate them and destroy them on sight... too many poor babies get mauled every year by them...  They're outlawed here with good reason...

Anonymous
by Anonymous on Jun. 10, 2012 at 2:07 AM
2 moms liked this
I don't think dogs and young kids go together at all, period. It has nothing to do with the breed. I wouldn't trust a dog as far as I could throw it.

They're fine animals for older kids/teens/adults if that's what you're into, but I don't understand how anyone would leave dogs around their young kids.
Anonymous
by Anonymous on Jun. 10, 2012 at 2:10 AM
In Ohio, Pitts are not considered dangerous or vicious anymore. They are classified on the same level as other breeds. The owner faces criminal charges if the dog attacks unprovoked,runs loose, ect and the dog goes up a classification. If the dog hits dangerous or vicious, then the owners are required to get insurance on the dog. Last resort is to put the dog down. I'm a dog owner in Ohio and I believe this new law(came into effect a few weeks ago) is great.
GomezMami2908
by on Jun. 10, 2012 at 2:15 AM

I'm a proud pitbull owner, and I know that the media is extremely biased against the breed. Most people can't even properly identify a pitbull, and it's ridiculous how when a pitbull mix attacks they always give the negative point to the pitbull instead of the other breed the dog is mixed with. 

That being said, I trust my dog and I love him to pieces but I also know that he is still in animal with instincts and being that I have young children I do supervise when they are around him or around my other dog(siberian husky) because even the best dogs, the most lovely dogs, can and do attack with no provocation. 

I think outlawing pitbulls is stupid, BSL is as stupid as it gets and people just do not understand what kind of a slippery slope that is. Once pitbulls are gone, what are they gonna target next? Ignorant people are always gonna be ready to point their finger at the next "vicious" breed. 

Add your quick reply below:
You must be a member to reply to this post.
Join the Meeting Place for Moms!
Talk to other moms, share advice, and have fun!

(minimum 6 characters)

Featured