Join the Meeting Place for Moms!
Talk to other moms, share advice, and have fun!

(minimum 6 characters)

Mom Confessions Mom Confessions

Unsupervised almost 4-year-old

Posted by on Jun. 10, 2012 at 12:57 AM
  • 26 Replies

This is the kind of parenting that really irks me.

I called my SIL to ask her about joining Bjs, Sams Club...something like that... We could share the membership.

Anyway, we started to chat about other things. She told me about her day. She was at her older children's swim lesson. They are 11 and 10. She also has a almost 4 year old.

She said that her little girl was playing with some of the other children making tents out of towels. Well, my sil goes on to say that she was reall busy watching and making sure everyone was okay. hmmm YEAH...if that was the case then THIS wouldn't have happened.

She proceeds to tell me that her 3 year old left the building they were at, walked acrossed the parking lot, went to her vehicle, got in and grabbed a blanket and then walked back across the parking lot, into the building and proceeded to play. When my sil finally noticed that she had a blanket from the car, she told me she took her outside, gave her a lecture and then spanked her for leaving the building.

Okay this isn't a condemnation of spanking. This is the condemnation of my SIL and what a shitty fing parent she is. Judge me all you want. Tell me to mind m business all you want. It won't affect my opinion that her 3 year old was wandering ALONE in a parking lot...It doesn't negate the fact that my SIL never even noticed that she was gone. They were at a pool!!!!!!!!!! What if she fell in? Now, I don't know if this place has more than one pool or what, but it doesn't mean she should be letting her 3 almost 4 year old run loose. I could not imagine telling anyone such a story....such an epic parenting fail. She has done other things like sitting at a Red Lobster with her two children at the time and looking up finally to see her child with the cord to the blinds wrapped up around his neck chocking. She spanked him for that. Just fing watch your kids.

I didn't say anything to her. I mean what could I say? You suck?

by on Jun. 10, 2012 at 12:57 AM
Add your quick reply below:
You must be a member to reply to this post.
Replies (1-10):
Anonymous
by Anonymous on Jun. 10, 2012 at 3:16 AM
Sounds like my sil and it drives me f'ing crazy! She's always asking when she can keep my dd overnight....yeah she can't watch her three kids why in the world would I let her keep mine too! Glad your niece is ok
Anonymous
by Anonymous on Jun. 10, 2012 at 3:19 AM

crazy.. i dont supervise that well- but only when we're at home. in public, i watch him... cuz of the other dangers... but honestly, at home, if he doesnt get it by 4 years old, he dont think he would've ever got it. granted, my kid is the EASIEST kid there is to watch, but that is still scary... at the very least, mom should've realized that her car keys were missing/someone was going through her stuff

teenmomandpr587
by on Jun. 10, 2012 at 3:24 AM

i have a neighbor down the street from me like this, they always allow their 4 year old to play outside in the street by himself, one time he almost got hit by a car so i walked him home and his dad gave me this looks like i was some horrible bitch for walking his kid home, he wasnt paying attention to. Everyday they do this from 9 oclock in the morning they kick him outside until 7 oclock at night. 

People call cps on them and no one does anything. 

AnastasiaKorsh
by on Jun. 10, 2012 at 3:30 AM
If they were at swim lessons, there would be life gaurds on duty. If her DD fell in, she'd probably be fine. Js.
Anonymous
by Anonymous on Jun. 10, 2012 at 3:32 AM
I would never let any of my children play outside alone!

Btw BJs is awsome they send you a coupon book every month and they take regular coupons as well. We've been members for 4 years.
bethanyb0325
by Bronze Member on Jun. 10, 2012 at 3:36 AM
Wow, that's crazy. I don't let my kids out of site in public or even playing outside. I would worry to much about them. At home its different, everything is child proof. I can go fold clothes or clean rooms without them around.
Posted on CafeMom Mobile
mommieof1b4g
by on Jun. 10, 2012 at 3:42 AM

omg!!! i... ok i have no clue what to say here!!! i could not imagine letting my kids that young leavee my side near a pool. im so over protective of my children!! it makes me sick just thinking of what could have happened to her LO! some ppl should not have kids.

mommieof1b4g
by on Jun. 10, 2012 at 3:42 AM

um not really the point.

Quoting AnastasiaKorsh:

If they were at swim lessons, there would be life gaurds on duty. If her DD fell in, she'd probably be fine. Js.

coconut01
by on Jun. 10, 2012 at 3:43 AM
And then when her kids gets ran over or kidnapped she will tell everyone she looked away for a second. Your sil needs to read about how easy it is for a child to go missing.
Posted on CafeMom Mobile
coconut01
by on Jun. 10, 2012 at 3:44 AM
I love your reply :)

Quoting Anonymous:

I would never let any of my children play outside alone!

Btw BJs is awsome they send you a coupon book every month and they take regular coupons as well. We've been members for 4 years.

Posted on CafeMom Mobile
Add your quick reply below:
You must be a member to reply to this post.
Join the Meeting Place for Moms!
Talk to other moms, share advice, and have fun!

(minimum 6 characters)