Join the Meeting Place for Moms!
Talk to other moms, share advice, and have fun!

(minimum 6 characters)

Mom Confessions Mom Confessions

Unsupervised almost 4-year-old

This is the kind of parenting that really irks me.

I called my SIL to ask her about joining Bjs, Sams Club...something like that... We could share the membership.

Anyway, we started to chat about other things. She told me about her day. She was at her older children's swim lesson. They are 11 and 10. She also has a almost 4 year old.

She said that her little girl was playing with some of the other children making tents out of towels. Well, my sil goes on to say that she was reall busy watching and making sure everyone was okay. hmmm YEAH...if that was the case then THIS wouldn't have happened.

She proceeds to tell me that her 3 year old left the building they were at, walked acrossed the parking lot, went to her vehicle, got in and grabbed a blanket and then walked back across the parking lot, into the building and proceeded to play. When my sil finally noticed that she had a blanket from the car, she told me she took her outside, gave her a lecture and then spanked her for leaving the building.

Okay this isn't a condemnation of spanking. This is the condemnation of my SIL and what a shitty fing parent she is. Judge me all you want. Tell me to mind m business all you want. It won't affect my opinion that her 3 year old was wandering ALONE in a parking lot...It doesn't negate the fact that my SIL never even noticed that she was gone. They were at a pool!!!!!!!!!! What if she fell in? Now, I don't know if this place has more than one pool or what, but it doesn't mean she should be letting her 3 almost 4 year old run loose. I could not imagine telling anyone such a story....such an epic parenting fail. She has done other things like sitting at a Red Lobster with her two children at the time and looking up finally to see her child with the cord to the blinds wrapped up around his neck chocking. She spanked him for that. Just fing watch your kids.

I didn't say anything to her. I mean what could I say? You suck?

by on Jun. 10, 2012 at 12:57 AM
Replies (21-26):
Anonymous
by Anonymous 3 on Jun. 10, 2012 at 8:37 AM
Morning bump
Ireallydontcare
by on Jun. 10, 2012 at 8:40 AM

Hmmm dear.... I think you need to reread the post. This was way after the fact. Hence the past tense of the verbs used? Reading comprehension problem?

Quoting Anonymous:

if you weren't on the phone with her she could of supervised a little better...

Ireallydontcare
by on Jun. 10, 2012 at 8:41 AM

You have a point about the pool. No lifeguard outside though. For me, that is where the real danger was in my opinion.

Quoting AnastasiaKorsh:

If they were at swim lessons, there would be life gaurds on duty. If her DD fell in, she'd probably be fine. Js.

Ireallydontcare
by on Jun. 10, 2012 at 8:43 AM

Absolutely. I agree with this. At home is one thing.....

Quoting bethanyb0325:

Wow, that's crazy. I don't let my kids out of site in public or even playing outside. I would worry to much about them. At home its different, everything is child proof. I can go fold clothes or clean rooms without them around.

spunky946
by Ruby Member on Jun. 10, 2012 at 8:43 AM
Wow, that's crazy. I'm glad he is ok.
AnastasiaKorsh
by on Jun. 10, 2012 at 12:33 PM

I don't disagree. I would freak out.

Quoting Ireallydontcare:

You have a point about the pool. No lifeguard outside though. For me, that is where the real danger was in my opinion.

Quoting AnastasiaKorsh:

If they were at swim lessons, there would be life gaurds on duty. If her DD fell in, she'd probably be fine. Js.

Add your quick reply below:
You must be a member to reply to this post.
Join the Meeting Place for Moms!
Talk to other moms, share advice, and have fun!

(minimum 6 characters)

close Join now to connect to
other members!
Connect with Facebook or Sign Up Using Email

Already Joined? LOG IN