Join the Meeting Place for Moms!
Talk to other moms, share advice, and have fun!

(minimum 6 characters)

Mom Confessions Mom Confessions

Are you often shocked by your DH's or SO's behavior?

Anonymous
Posted by Anonymous
  • 120 Replies
Even though he's like this all the time, it never ceases to amaze me how bad he can treat me. It could be worse, but he definately doesn't treat me like a wife should be treated, and he for sure doesn't treat me how I treat him. I treat him so well you'd think I was getting paid for it. I think a husband should get the royal treatment and utmost respect. But he's uses a rude tone of voice with me nearly all the time for no reason and says horrible, insulting things.
Posted by Anonymous on Jun. 10, 2012 at 7:48 AM
Add your quick reply below:
You must be a member to reply to this post.
Replies (1-10):
LyTe684
by Ruby Member on Jun. 10, 2012 at 7:49 AM
1 mom liked this
Tell him this.
Posted on CafeMom Mobile
deputygirls28
by Gold Member on Jun. 10, 2012 at 7:51 AM
3 moms liked this

im sorry that he treats you like that. i've had an ex like that but my SO...he treats me like a queen and my daughter like a princess. He truely has brought out the best in me and always encourages, protects me, and tells me how and why he loves me so much. Im thankful i have him

LatashaNicole
by on Jun. 10, 2012 at 7:52 AM
2 moms liked this
My s/o never disrespects me ever. We have disagreements but still never put one another down or dog each other..
Posted on CafeMom Mobile
Anonymous
by Anonymous 1 - Original Poster on Jun. 10, 2012 at 7:52 AM
Quoting LyTe684:

Tell him this.

I do. It's a waste of my breath. He's more into how he feels. I don't know how he can be so unhappy. If I was treated the way he gets treated I'd be overjoyed like I'd won some kind of husband lottery.
Anonymous
by Anonymous 1 - Original Poster on Jun. 10, 2012 at 7:54 AM
Quoting deputygirls28:

im sorry that he treats you like that. i've had an ex like that but my SO...he treats me like a queen and my daughter like a princess. He truely has brought out the best in me and always encourages, protects me, and tells me how and why he loves me so much. Im thankful i have him

I'm glad you have him too. :) Hold onto him. You've got a winner!
Anonymous
by Anonymous 1 - Original Poster on Jun. 10, 2012 at 7:56 AM
Quoting LatashaNicole:

My s/o never disrespects me ever. We have disagreements but still never put one another down or dog each other..

I guess I should've never let him get away with disrespecting me in the first place. He probably wouldn't be doing it now.
Anonymous
by Anonymous 2 on Jun. 10, 2012 at 8:01 AM

Just remember what he says to you and the tone he uses says more about him then it does about you. If you think it would be safe to talk to him , you should. be careful though , from what you told us he sounds emotionally abusive and he might not take it well if he is confronted. You know your situation better then me , I only know what you posted here. Goodluck.

bearscubed
by on Jun. 10, 2012 at 8:04 AM
Why haven't you considered leaving him?
Posted on CafeMom Mobile
Anonymous
by Anonymous 1 - Original Poster on Jun. 10, 2012 at 8:08 AM
Quoting Anonymous:

Just remember what he says to you and the tone he uses says more about him then it does about you. If you think it would be safe to talk to him , you should. be careful though , from what you told us he sounds emotionally abusive and he might not take it well if he is confronted. You know your situation better then me , I only know what you posted here. Goodluck.

Thank you. I've talked to him many times about this. He dismisses my feelings and makes it into an opportunity to tell me what he thinks is wrong with me and what I do. If he only knew how hard I try. I can't imagine him giving this much effort. He says he does, but it doesn't seem like it, because he flies off the handle about small things and calls me a b**** all the time. I don't know how I'm a b****. I don't yell, cuss, or nag.
peachesforme
by Gold Member on Jun. 10, 2012 at 8:09 AM

Maybe you should try talking to him and insulting him the way he does to you and immediately after tell him you are just giving him what he gives you. the other day, my dh was angry and shook his fist in my face. He's never hit me before or threatened to, and I did it right back to him and told him "Do you like it when I shake my fist in your face? Are you threatening physical violence on me? It's not very nice is it?" he understood REAL quick. Maybe your dh just needs a similar wake up call.

Add your quick reply below:
You must be a member to reply to this post.
Join the Meeting Place for Moms!
Talk to other moms, share advice, and have fun!

(minimum 6 characters)