Join the Meeting Place for Moms!
Talk to other moms, share advice, and have fun!

(minimum 6 characters)

Mom Confessions Mom Confessions

An abortion question...not a debate...just wondering something

Anonymous
Posted by Anonymous
  • 545 Replies
7 moms liked this

Ok I know it is a woman's right to get an abortion and no one else gets a say in the matter.  BUT....do you think it is wrong to get an abortion and not tell your SO/DH?

I think it would be different if it is a one night stand type of deal.  But other than that I think the guy at least has the right to know the decsion you made.  I think not telling him is being deceitful

This was never meant to be an aboriton debate as to whether abortion is right or wrong.  It was meant exactly as the question stated.  Can we please take it back to its intent?  

Posted by Anonymous on Jun. 10, 2012 at 10:20 AM
Add your quick reply below:
You must be a member to reply to this post.
Replies (1-10):
bearscubed
by on Jun. 10, 2012 at 10:21 AM
7 moms liked this

I think he should be aware of the situation.

Ireallydontcare
by on Jun. 10, 2012 at 10:21 AM
27 moms liked this

Yes, it is wrong. His child too. But SOME pro-abortion people won't think so. They are so into a women's right to kill that nothing else matters.

alwayskk
by on Jun. 10, 2012 at 10:22 AM
78 moms liked this

I have a hard time condeming a woman who is having an abortion and hiding it from her abusive husband.

I think each situation is unique. In some situations, yes, I might find them 'wrong', but you can't judge from the outside looking in- you have no idea what you're looking at.

Anonymous
by Anonymous 2 on Jun. 10, 2012 at 10:22 AM
8 moms liked this
If you're in a relationship and you get an abortion, it's pretty shitty if you don't tell the other person.
jonellg
by on Jun. 10, 2012 at 10:24 AM
9 moms liked this

I don't think he needs to be notified.

Anonymous
by Anonymous - Original Poster on Jun. 10, 2012 at 10:24 AM
3 moms liked this

Quoting alwayskk:

I have a hard time condeming a woman who is having an abortion and hiding it from her abusive husband.

I think each situation is unique. In some situations, yes, I might find them 'wrong', but you can't judge from the outside looking in- you have no idea what you're looking at.

I agree hiding it from an abusive husband is different.  And I am not condemning anyone that I know.  I have just seen it said a lot that someone had an abortion and hid it from their spouse.  It just seems sad to me.

Abortion is not a choice I could make....but if I did...I would want the support of my husband.  I wouldn't want to have to keep it a secret.

KairisMama
by Emerald Member on Jun. 10, 2012 at 10:25 AM
4 moms liked this
I agree. You should discuss it if you are in a serious committed relationship. If you're not, eh then I don't see the big deal. You've made up your mind so why tell the guy you have NO future with?

Quoting Anonymous:

If you're in a relationship and you get an abortion, it's pretty shitty if you don't tell the other person.
Posted on CafeMom Mobile
prenatalRN
by Silver Member on Jun. 10, 2012 at 10:47 AM
21 moms liked this

Every situation is so different you can not make a blanket yes or no answer on this question. I do not think it is right to judge another womans reproductive decision. Making the choice to end a pregnancy is never taken lightly or easy.

Anonymous
by Anonymous - Original Poster on Jun. 10, 2012 at 10:50 AM
1 mom liked this

Quoting prenatalRN:

Every situation is so different you can not make a blanket yes or no answer on this question. I do not think it is right to judge another womans reproductive decision. Making the choice to end a pregnancy is never taken lightly or easy.

I think some women take it lightly or make it easily.  I have known some women who have had multiple abortions.  Not like 1 or 2...but several.  Some to the point that even if they wanted to carry a child to term the couldn't.  I have had some tell me they wish they had put more thought into it.

But that isn't the point.  The point is I think it is too much to go through while hiding it from a SO or DH.  I think the emotional toll would crack them.

ElitestJen
by on Jun. 10, 2012 at 10:51 AM
27 moms liked this

I think its disgusting to have one and despicable to not tell the father.

Add your quick reply below:
You must be a member to reply to this post.
Join the Meeting Place for Moms!
Talk to other moms, share advice, and have fun!

(minimum 6 characters)