Join the Meeting Place for Moms!
Talk to other moms, share advice, and have fun!

(minimum 6 characters)

Mom Confessions Mom Confessions

An abortion question...not a debate...just wondering something

Posted by Anonymous   + Show Post

Ok I know it is a woman's right to get an abortion and no one else gets a say in the matter.  BUT....do you think it is wrong to get an abortion and not tell your SO/DH?

I think it would be different if it is a one night stand type of deal.  But other than that I think the guy at least has the right to know the decsion you made.  I think not telling him is being deceitful

This was never meant to be an aboriton debate as to whether abortion is right or wrong.  It was meant exactly as the question stated.  Can we please take it back to its intent?  

Posted by Anonymous on Jun. 10, 2012 at 10:20 AM
Replies (31-40):
LadyBugMom09
by Platinum Member on Jun. 10, 2012 at 11:41 AM
1 mom liked this
I'm against abortion. I think both parents should be ressponsible.
Posted on CafeMom Mobile
little.worthen
by on Jun. 10, 2012 at 11:42 AM

i think he should be told

Anonymous
by Anonymous 7 on Jun. 10, 2012 at 11:44 AM
7 moms liked this
I think it's horrible that a women should be allowed to kill an innocent child that didn't ask to be conceived in the first place when there are much more better options if they themselves don't want to raise the child and it's doubly wrong when the other person involved in the "baby making" isn't informed of said actions that involve his child. I think it's kind of ironic that when a women chooes to have an abortion even if the father wants the child he gets no choice and if a women chooses to HAVE a baby  and the father doesn't want it he's forced to step up and at least pay child support by the courts if nothing else so in reality a women can choose to have or not have the child but a man gets no choice eitehr way. I think this is wrong and both man and women should be held accountable for their actions instead of being allowed to kill said child just because it doesn't fit into their lif plans. If you choose to have sex KNOWING what the possible consequences of said action could be then you should be allowed to kill and innocent life just because you don't want to take responsibilty for it

I understand there are are certain curcumstances (rape, insest, and such) that are beyond a persons own personal choice in the conception of the child and while I still think it's wrong to kill and innocent child I can understand why they may choose this option.

I believe that every child is conceived for a reason and they have purpose from the moment of conception and just because we CAN choose to take it's life does't mean we SHOULD.
august_baby_09
by on Jun. 10, 2012 at 11:45 AM

Quoting bearscubed:

I think he should be aware of the situation.

Posted on CafeMom Mobile
MeAndTommyLee
by Platinum Member on Jun. 10, 2012 at 11:45 AM
3 moms liked this

Umm,  yeah she should tell her husband.  Notified?   Like he's been reduced to a `business partner.'   Do you sleep on a bed of ice, too?

Quoting jonellg:

I don't think he needs to be notified.

HezekiahsMom07
by on Jun. 10, 2012 at 11:46 AM
Yes, you should tell him. That's jacked up. It's his baby too. I would be mad as hell if I were a man and a girl got an abortion without consulting me.
Posted on CafeMom Mobile
mommy2annaliese

I think its very wrong. But I also think its wrong that men have zero rights to the child and the choice of what happens with it, I know pleanty dissagree, and good for you if you do. No need to point it out to me. Just IMO and I'm allowed to have that.

mommy2annaliese
1 mom liked this

I agree with you.

Quoting Anonymous:

I think it's horrible that a women should be allowed to kill an innocent child that didn't ask to be conceived in the first place when there are much more better options if they themselves don't want to raise the child and it's doubly wrong when the other person involved in the "baby making" isn't informed of said actions that involve his child. I think it's kind of ironic that when a women chooes to have an abortion even if the father wants the child he gets no choice and if a women chooses to HAVE a baby  and the father doesn't want it he's forced to step up and at least pay child support by the courts if nothing else so in reality a women can choose to have or not have the child but a man gets no choice eitehr way. I think this is wrong and both man and women should be held accountable for their actions instead of being allowed to kill said child just because it doesn't fit into their lif plans. If you choose to have sex KNOWING what the possible consequences of said action could be then you should be allowed to kill and innocent life just because you don't want to take responsibilty for it

I understand there are are certain curcumstances (rape, insest, and such) that are beyond a persons own personal choice in the conception of the child and while I still think it's wrong to kill and innocent child I can understand why they may choose this option.

I believe that every child is conceived for a reason and they have purpose from the moment of conception and just because we CAN choose to take it's life does't mean we SHOULD.

Anonymous
by Anonymous 8 on Jun. 10, 2012 at 11:48 AM

Yes if you gonna kill his child i believe he should have a right to know. lol thats what these pro-choicers think.. that its just their decision but what about the dad in the situation? he should have a say also.

areles
by on Jun. 10, 2012 at 11:55 AM
1 mom liked this

this is an easy question that's actually tough to answer. 

intellectually, i feel that of course the man has the right to know; his kid too. but there are so many variables at play that i don't think there's any way to answer this generally. 

when i got pregnant my kid's father was overjoyed.  i was, honestly, considering abortion.  i'd never wanted children at all, and i certainly didn't want one at 19.  despite the fact that i was fooling around with this guy, i also knew he wasn't a keeper - i was a teenager (18), he was ten years older than me, and he was not remotely the marrying kind, nor even the serious-relationship kind.  i knew he didn't love me, and i suspected he wasn't capable of loving ANYone.  i knew all of this at the time, but we were 'safe' and 'protected' and so i figured i'd have some fun with him and then we'd move on down the line.

yes, stupid, all of that, but i was 18, and this is, of course, why young women should be careful who they breed with.

anyway - he was thrilled.  told his entire family i was pregnant, and they too were thrilled (which shocked me even at the time, given his 'old school' upbringing and the fact that he'd just knocked up out of wedlock a teenage girl ten years his junior; i would've expected them to hit the roof).

so, abortion was out.

it's 19 years later.  baby daddy has seen my son... once or twice  in the past eight years.  his family hasn't been involved at all since my son was 3.  my son doesn't know his aunts, uncles, cousins, grandmother, or half-brother.

i'm not saying i wish i'd aborted my son - i can't conceive of that now - just saying, i gave dad a role in making the choice, he chose life, and then he abandoned it.

so.

Add your quick reply below:
You must be a member to reply to this post.
Join the Meeting Place for Moms!
Talk to other moms, share advice, and have fun!

(minimum 6 characters)