Join the Meeting Place for Moms!
Talk to other moms, share advice, and have fun!

(minimum 6 characters)

Mom Confessions Mom Confessions

An abortion question...not a debate...just wondering something

Posted by Anonymous   + Show Post

Ok I know it is a woman's right to get an abortion and no one else gets a say in the matter.  BUT....do you think it is wrong to get an abortion and not tell your SO/DH?

I think it would be different if it is a one night stand type of deal.  But other than that I think the guy at least has the right to know the decsion you made.  I think not telling him is being deceitful

This was never meant to be an aboriton debate as to whether abortion is right or wrong.  It was meant exactly as the question stated.  Can we please take it back to its intent?  

Posted by Anonymous on Jun. 10, 2012 at 10:20 AM
Replies (61-70):
ac10
by on Jun. 10, 2012 at 1:11 PM
1 mom liked this

I don't think it's nice. But perfectly legal and within the woman's discretion. 

teamwhitlow
by on Jun. 10, 2012 at 1:15 PM

Imo it isn't fair to get a secret abortion if you're married aka two becoming one. You took vows to honor and obey one another and your husband should be involved in all of your important life decisions. If you are not married and are considering one then you are on your own...it's your body...totally your choice. again my humble opinion and totally not judging toward any differing opinions :)

collinsmom72
by on Jun. 10, 2012 at 1:22 PM

in WA if you're married I believe it's the law. I know that here if either person is going to get steraliztion- guy or gal- the other party must sign a paper....

KittenKrump
by on Jun. 10, 2012 at 1:24 PM
1 mom liked this

I think a DH or SO should be notified to help  the abortion receiver cope. It is a very hard thing to cope with, and abortion or miscarriage or still birth. Especially if it requires surgery like a D&C, it's is invasive and scary, not matter the reasons behind it. But, if a woman thinks her DH/SO will react badly, in a violent or abusive way or he won't even try to understand the reasoning behind her decision, then no, but someone close to the woman does need to know to keep an eye on her and make sure everything is alright.

startupscafe
by on Jun. 10, 2012 at 1:27 PM

I agree with you.

Please watch www.180movie.com.

It will help you make the right decision.  It is 33 minutes long and it is worth the watch.

Then message me at startupscafe

new2this09
by on Jun. 10, 2012 at 1:44 PM

Yes, I think when you are in a relationship with someone you have a duty to one another to be forthcoming about things.

Scarlette12
by on Jun. 10, 2012 at 1:45 PM

I think he should know even if it was a one night, who knows that one nighter probably will be an awesome dad... :/ At least hear them out before going to a clinic and aborting their babies...

GingerNeeSmith
by on Jun. 10, 2012 at 1:46 PM

I think he has a right to know. It's your body, but it's his baby too.

Spfldmomof2
by Kimberly on Jun. 10, 2012 at 1:49 PM
What if it was a rape? Stranger or husband /SO? Totally depends on the situation.
Hesmynavyman
by on Jun. 10, 2012 at 2:00 PM

It's wrong to get an abortion period! And yes it's selfish, and it's murder! I also think the father should have the same right as the mother! There are many woman who go and have a abortion making the father feel down and out! And it can lead to depression because they wanted their unborn child they wanted to be a father! Just saying it happens too much! It's very selfish! 

Add your quick reply below:
You must be a member to reply to this post.
Join the Meeting Place for Moms!
Talk to other moms, share advice, and have fun!

(minimum 6 characters)