Join the Meeting Place for Moms!
Talk to other moms, share advice, and have fun!

(minimum 6 characters)

Mom Confessions Mom Confessions

Only $152 dollars? Are you KIDDING me?? **EDIT**

Anonymous
Posted by Anonymous
  • 27 Replies

my sister just called me complaining about how the government just took $152 out of her pay check for taxes. Thats less than 10%. She complained and complained for like 30 minutes and all i could think of was, really? thats it?!?!? the government take roughly $960 out of our paychecks, and the only thing I complain about it people abusing the system.

I get that nobody likes to pay taxes, but really? $152 is not a lot to complain about.. and she will probably get it back at the end of the year...

ETA: her husband makes a ton of money, she is only working because she is bored. shes been a SAHM for the last 4 years. I get that to you guys it seems like its a bunch of money for her, but it's not. she's just upset that she doesnt get to spend it on hair extensions or something..

i wish you guys could hear what she was saying when she was complaining. it was ridiculous

Posted by Anonymous on Jun. 10, 2012 at 10:35 AM
Add your quick reply below:
You must be a member to reply to this post.
Replies (1-10):
addiecakesmommy
by on Jun. 10, 2012 at 10:36 AM
1 mom liked this
Well if she doesn't get a huge pay check to begin with then that might be a lot.
Posted on CafeMom Mobile
Anonymous
by Anonymous 2 on Jun. 10, 2012 at 10:36 AM
1 mom liked this
If she doesn't make as much as you that's a big chunk of money from her much smaller check. I am sick everytime I see how much of my money goes to the IRS.
Anonymous
by Anonymous 3 on Jun. 10, 2012 at 10:36 AM

We're on PA and we still get about $850 taken out every 2 weeks. And you're right, we get most of it back at the end of the year. I am grateful that I have the help I do. We need it.

singlemom1208
by on Jun. 10, 2012 at 10:37 AM
Is this her first job or something?
Posted on CafeMom Mobile
ElitestJen
by on Jun. 10, 2012 at 10:37 AM

Quoting Anonymous:

We're on PA and we still get about $850 taken out every 2 weeks. And you're right, we get most of it back at the end of the year. I am grateful that I have the help I do. We need it.

Change your withholdings.  You can do that, anytime.

WhitleyLyles
by on Jun. 10, 2012 at 10:38 AM
It might be a lot to her. If the amount they are taking is that small then that means her check is small. I can understand how that is frustrating.
Posted on CafeMom Mobile
babyboy117
by on Jun. 10, 2012 at 10:38 AM
Well if that's half her paycheck, then that is alot.
Posted on CafeMom Mobile
Anonymous
by Anonymous 3 on Jun. 10, 2012 at 10:42 AM

We don't want to. I'd rather pay more in and get a lump sum back at the end of the year because it's easier to save it in chunks then to put aside $100 here and there.

But you are right. We claim 0 although we can claim 3 and have much more money.

Quoting ElitestJen:

Quoting Anonymous:

Change your withholdings.  You can do that, anytime.

P.V.Hawkwind
by Ruby Member on Jun. 10, 2012 at 10:51 AM

Quoting addiecakesmommy:

Well if she doesn't get a huge pay check to begin with then that might be a lot.
Posted on CafeMom Mobile
Anonymous
by Anonymous - Original Poster on Jun. 10, 2012 at 10:52 AM

well at least you get it back!

Quoting Anonymous:

Add your quick reply below:
You must be a member to reply to this post.
Join the Meeting Place for Moms!
Talk to other moms, share advice, and have fun!

(minimum 6 characters)