Join the Meeting Place for Moms!
Talk to other moms, share advice, and have fun!

(minimum 6 characters)

Mom Confessions Mom Confessions

Only $152 dollars? Are you KIDDING me?? **EDIT**

Posted by Anonymous   + Show Post

my sister just called me complaining about how the government just took $152 out of her pay check for taxes. Thats less than 10%. She complained and complained for like 30 minutes and all i could think of was, really? thats it?!?!? the government take roughly $960 out of our paychecks, and the only thing I complain about it people abusing the system.

I get that nobody likes to pay taxes, but really? $152 is not a lot to complain about.. and she will probably get it back at the end of the year...

ETA: her husband makes a ton of money, she is only working because she is bored. shes been a SAHM for the last 4 years. I get that to you guys it seems like its a bunch of money for her, but it's not. she's just upset that she doesnt get to spend it on hair extensions or something..

i wish you guys could hear what she was saying when she was complaining. it was ridiculous

Posted by Anonymous on Jun. 10, 2012 at 10:35 AM
Replies (21-27):
MamaLub
by Gold Member on Jun. 10, 2012 at 11:41 AM
That's what I do. I much rather have my money throughout my year than one big check once a year. Why struggle all year long so you can pay off things one time a year?

Quoting ElitestJen:

Quoting Anonymous:

We're on PA and we still get about $850 taken out every 2 weeks. And you're right, we get most of it back at the end of the year. I am grateful that I have the help I do. We need it.

Change your withholdings.  You can do that, anytime.

Posted on CafeMom Mobile
1boy1girlmama
by Silver Member on Jun. 10, 2012 at 11:43 AM

Good grief. They take nearly $1100 out of my Dh's paycheck in taxes. Jump high and welcome to grown up life.

notjstasocermom
by Emerald Member on Jun. 10, 2012 at 11:44 AM

Quoting WhitleyLyles:

It might be a lot to her. If the amount they are taking is that small then that means her check is small. I can understand how that is frustrating.

Anonymous
by Anonymous 6 on Jun. 10, 2012 at 11:47 AM

That means she has a small check, so I can understand her complaints. There is a bad side to both situations, like yours and like hers.

Crazy-Steph
by Ruby Member on Jun. 10, 2012 at 11:48 AM
If you make enough to have that much taken out, you should not qualify for assistance.

Quoting Anonymous:

We're on PA and we still get about $850 taken out every 2 weeks. And you're right, we get most of it back at the end of the year. I am grateful that I have the help I do. We need it.

Posted on CafeMom Mobile
WesAndNicksMom
by Platinum Member on Jun. 10, 2012 at 11:50 AM
That doesn't seem like a lot. If that's less than 10% of her check I'm thinking she'll live lol. I have them take 20% out of mine so that I get a nice tax refund every year :)
Posted on CafeMom Mobile
cookie_spice
by Member on Jun. 10, 2012 at 11:58 AM
Add your quick reply below:
You must be a member to reply to this post.
Join the Meeting Place for Moms!
Talk to other moms, share advice, and have fun!

(minimum 6 characters)