Join the Meeting Place for Moms!
Talk to other moms, share advice, and have fun!

(minimum 6 characters)

Mom Confessions Mom Confessions

he has to make at least 100k

Anonymous
Posted by Anonymous
  • 397 Replies
10 moms liked this
My sil is trying to set me up on a blind date with some guy in her class. I asked her how much he makes, she said he works parttime at walmart but he's in school to be a lawyer. So i told her that when he makes partner, then i'd go out with him. She said my expectations are too high.

I make a comfortable living for my son and I. We're able to travel, dine out, shop, he goes to private school, we take at least 3 vacations a year. I don't want to risk being used or being someones sugarmomma.
I'm not anxious to find a fella, but I occasionally do miss having a companion to spend time with.

Edit: Let me explain this. When I first met my husband, we were both starting out. I was in college and he was starting his business. Those were hard times, but that is what you have to look forward to when you're young. You also know that at some point, your hard work and dedication will pay off. And for me, it has. Yes, this guy may be awesome, and I am sure he is attractive. But I don't want to start over. I am in a good place in my life, both financially and emotionally. So if having financial standards make me a gold digger, so be it.
Posted by Anonymous on Jun. 10, 2012 at 10:37 AM
Add your quick reply below:
You must be a member to reply to this post.
Replies (1-10):
Anonymous
by Anonymous 2 on Jun. 10, 2012 at 10:39 AM
20 moms liked this
You want to find a guy based on his salary over his personality? Good luck with that.
ElitestJen
by on Jun. 10, 2012 at 10:39 AM
15 moms liked this

Ok.  At this point in my life, I wouldn't date someone who worked at Walmart, either.  I deserve better.

ElitestJen
by on Jun. 10, 2012 at 10:40 AM
2 moms liked this

Quoting Anonymous:

You want to find a guy based on his salary over his personality? Good luck with that.

*gasp*  What about personality AND salary! 

Anonymous
by Anonymous 3 on Jun. 10, 2012 at 10:40 AM
3 moms liked this
I dont blame you .. Good for having standards!
Anonymous
by Anonymous 4 on Jun. 10, 2012 at 10:41 AM
1 mom liked this
Understandable. I wouldn't date someone who made way less than me because I would feel like they were using me. They may not be, but it's just where I'm comfortable.
Anonymous
by Anonymous 2 on Jun. 10, 2012 at 10:41 AM
22 moms liked this
I met my husband when he worked at a gas station. Had I waited until he finished school I may have missed out on the wonderful life I now have with him. OP I can see why you are SINGLE.
Posted on CafeMom Mobile
RGladson
by Silver Member on Jun. 10, 2012 at 10:42 AM
2 moms liked this
Shallow.
Posted on CafeMom Mobile
singlemom1208
by on Jun. 10, 2012 at 10:42 AM
3 moms liked this
I think it's great to have standards! For me I don't look at salary, but I don't date anyone not established in a career.
Posted on CafeMom Mobile
iluv2meow
by on Jun. 10, 2012 at 10:43 AM
6 moms liked this

hell your standards are LOW compared to mine!

Maevelyn
by Gold Member on Jun. 10, 2012 at 10:43 AM
3 moms liked this

idk, if he works hard and likes what he does (ie doesn't skip work and sit around on his ass) it doesn't matter what he makes or you make you wouldn't be a sugar mama. Happiest couple I know- she makes all the money, he works hard and they both love their jobs. Sometimes he feels like he should be pulling in more money but they have more than they need and are happy. Happy is the important part. That being said I wouldn't want to fall in love with some one who leaves school $250,000 in debt. It might be better for his future family if he kept working at wall mart. 

Add your quick reply below:
You must be a member to reply to this post.
Join the Meeting Place for Moms!
Talk to other moms, share advice, and have fun!

(minimum 6 characters)