Join the Meeting Place for Moms!
Talk to other moms, share advice, and have fun!

(minimum 6 characters)

My df picked up the booklet hes supposed to study to become a citizen. Its all really simple stuff, well to me at least. But the questions they ask, i bet half of Americans don't know. Smh
Posted on CafeMom Mobile
by on Jun. 10, 2012 at 10:41 AM
Replies (31-40):
AnnieMcD
by Platinum Member on Jun. 10, 2012 at 11:08 AM

New safety measures. The stork is no longer allowed to carry them tied up in receiving blankets. 

Quoting bearscubed:

You know what else is fucked up? Your baby came in a bucket.

MeAndTommyLee
by Platinum Member on Jun. 10, 2012 at 11:11 AM

According to what source?  I don't care about being corrected.  *scratching my head

Quoting JakesMom712:

You would have gotten that wrong. The correct answer is liberty island

Quoting MeAndTommyLee:

Delaware was the 1st state in the Union and the Statue of Liberty is in NYC and was a gift from the French...of the top of my head.

bearscubed
by on Jun. 10, 2012 at 11:11 AM

I heard they had to go up a size since they have to peck holes in the top for breathing. Such clever birds.

Quoting AnnieMcD:

New safety measures. The stork is no longer allowed to carry them tied up in receiving blankets. 

Quoting bearscubed:

JakesMom712
by Ruby Member on Jun. 10, 2012 at 11:13 AM
The book they give you to study.

The statue is located on liberty island, which is in nyc

Quoting MeAndTommyLee:

According to what source?  I don't care about being corrected.  *scratching my head

Quoting JakesMom712:

Quoting MeAndTommyLee:

Delaware was the 1st state in the Union and the Statue of Liberty is in NYC and was a gift from the French...of the top of my head.

Posted on CafeMom Mobile
AnnieMcD
by Platinum Member on Jun. 10, 2012 at 11:13 AM
1 mom liked this

Yeah, but they found out the hard way to peck the holes BEFORE you put the baby in. Poor little Odin. 

Quoting bearscubed:

I heard they had to go up a size since they have to peck holes in the top for breathing. Such clever birds.

Quoting AnnieMcD:

Quoting bearscubed:

bearscubed
by on Jun. 10, 2012 at 11:16 AM

They didn't use dolls on them at first?!

Quoting AnnieMcD:

Yeah, but they found out the hard way to peck the holes BEFORE you put the baby in. Poor little Odin. 

Quoting bearscubed:

Quoting AnnieMcD:

Quoting bearscubed:

MeAndTommyLee
by Platinum Member on Jun. 10, 2012 at 11:17 AM

Ohhhh, I got ya.  That's a trick question!!!!  Ha

The book they give you to study.

The statue is located on liberty island, which is in nyc

Quoting MeAndTommyLee:

Quoting JakesMom712:

Quoting MeAndTommyLee:

Maevelyn
by Gold Member on Jun. 10, 2012 at 11:48 AM

lol I always do that when I'm typing. It's strange bc when I don't do it when I write by hand. I also find that I skip words like, the, an or at when I type quickly and off the top of my head. When I go back an read over it my mind inserts them so I don't notice. I have to read out loud to catch that sort of stuff. Weird right?

Quoting iluv2meow:

College....

Quoting Maevelyn:

It's been proven most Americans can't pass the citizenship exam and that most collage students cant pass the high school entrance exam required when our grandparents where in school. 

iluv2meow
by on Jun. 10, 2012 at 11:52 AM

The important thing here is you know what a collage is verses a college ;)

Quoting Maevelyn:

lol I always do that when I'm typing. It's strange bc when I don't do it when I write by hand. I also find that I skip words like, the, an or at when I type quickly and off the top of my head. When I go back an read over it my mind inserts them so I don't notice. I have to read out loud to catch that sort of stuff. Weird right?

Quoting iluv2meow:

College....

Quoting Maevelyn:

It's been proven most Americans can't pass the citizenship exam and that most collage students cant pass the high school entrance exam required when our grandparents where in school. 

Maevelyn
by Gold Member on Jun. 10, 2012 at 11:54 AM

Yes college is expensive but useful; collages can be expensive but are rarely useful. 

Quoting iluv2meow:

The important thing here is you know what a collage is verses a college ;)

Quoting Maevelyn:

Quoting iluv2meow:

College....

Quoting Maevelyn:

Add your quick reply below:
You must be a member to reply to this post.
Join the Meeting Place for Moms!
Talk to other moms, share advice, and have fun!

(minimum 6 characters)

Featured