Join the Meeting Place for Moms!
Talk to other moms, share advice, and have fun!

(minimum 6 characters)

Mom Confessions Mom Confessions

any worldly moms in here?

Posted by on Jun. 10, 2012 at 11:18 AM
  • 9 Replies
I haven't been on a real vacation in two years and I've never traveled far but I just spent an hour googling driving from the UK to China so I think it's time for a vacation!
Where have you traveled to, what was your favorite place and do you have any crazy traveling stories?
Posted on CafeMom Mobile
by on Jun. 10, 2012 at 11:18 AM
Add your quick reply below:
You must be a member to reply to this post.
Replies (1-9):
bearscubed
by on Jun. 10, 2012 at 11:22 AM

I've been to NYC, Charlotte, Tampa, Orlando, Atlanta, Wilmington(NC), District of Columbia, Baltimore, and Toronto. My most interesting driving experience was from Charleston, SC (where I live) to Toronto, simply for the 2-day driving and seeing downtown Toronto. I'd rather fly, though, since I love exploring the airports.

MamaJane
by Silver Member on Jun. 10, 2012 at 11:31 AM

Wow that's a lot of countries to go through!

Indiana to Austin, Tx with 2 of my 3 kids was a fun trip.  I've done another Indiana to KC on my own but this was was twice as long.  It was neat to do something that big on my own.

A funny travel story was when my parents and I were moving to Samoa when I was 10. Halfway between Hawaii and Samoa the plane had a failed engine so it turned back to Hawaii!  LOL We were like just keep going!

miss_lisa
by on Jun. 10, 2012 at 11:33 AM

I've been to California quite a bit, we've done Disneyland and Legoland as a family. We live close to Mt. Rushmore so we did that over the weekend a couple months ago. DH and I are going to Texas in November for the Formula 1 race. Just individually I've also been to Canada and Mexico as well as a TON of US states. For our 10th anniversary I really REALLY want to go to England.

ETA - as far as funny/crazy travel stories I don't really have any. However, when we tell people where we are from they always start asking us about getting a job up here. (We're in North Dakota.) One girl that worked at the Reptile Gardens (near Mt. Rushmore) literally followed me around for about 5 minutes asking about work up here. DH finally stepped in and told her we were on vacation and busy.

HezekiahsMom07
by on Jun. 10, 2012 at 11:34 AM
Been to almost all 50 states, amd london, ireland, paris, mexico.... favorite was probably ireland. Hawaii is nice too but it's a lot like Florida
Posted on CafeMom Mobile
ReadWriteLuv
by on Jun. 10, 2012 at 11:37 AM
1 mom liked this

Thailand, not Bangkok, but the outer islands is my favorite place in the world. Phuket is paradise on earth. 

You have to watch out for the Lady Men (drag queens) though, they are hustlers. It's also the first time that I ever witnessed a woman shoot darts out of her vagina and pop balloons on a board. I envy their muscle control.

scarletmeshell
by Platinum Member on Jun. 10, 2012 at 11:40 AM

I have traveled all over the world but not with my kids. I have had lost luggage, many delays ect. but it is always an adventure

Albagubrath
by Member on Jun. 10, 2012 at 11:42 AM
I've been to/lived in Colorado, Wyoming, Arizona and California. As far as other countries I've been to Mexico a couple times (Tijajuana and Santa Maria) and Scotland. Scotland is by far my most favorite place in earth. I hope to find a way to retire there when I'm old.

No real crazy stories, it was an epic adventure.
Posted on CafeMom Mobile
dietsunkist
by on Jun. 10, 2012 at 11:45 AM

I've been to 25 states in the US, Mexico, England, France, Italy. My favorite is England and France but I really did enjoy all the places I've visited. Favorite place in the US is Sedona, Arizona, and North Carolina. But we would hop in a car & drive for 2 weeks at a time so it was always an adventure.

My craziest travel story was my first trip to Europe, I was 20, by myself, and my flight from Italy to Germany got cancelled, and by the time I made it to the exchange desk to reschedule I missed getting on the last flight to the US for the day. i had NO money left, no cell phone because mine didn't work, and was pretty worried. I managed to get on the very last flight back to the US eventually, a door fell off one of the planes mid flight, but due to the door falling off, we had delays and I missed my third flight leaving me in Chicago until the next day. I had spent over 24 hours in airports that day/night before. I was so overwhelmed and tired I ended up crying in the Chicago airpot like a loser. It is funny looking back now but not very funny at the time.

SnowboardMom4
by on Jun. 10, 2012 at 11:50 AM
(I live in Indiana)
I have been to California, Hawaii, Florida, Arizona, Alabama, Kentucky, Tennessee, New York, Pennsylvania, Virgina, west Virginia, south Carolina, Michigan, Georgia, Texas, Oklahoma.....umm I think that's it in the US.
As for other countries I have only been to Mexico City and the Canadian Niagra Falls. I really want to go to Ireland and Australia
Posted on CafeMom Mobile
Add your quick reply below:
You must be a member to reply to this post.
Join the Meeting Place for Moms!
Talk to other moms, share advice, and have fun!

(minimum 6 characters)