Join the Meeting Place for Moms!
Talk to other moms, share advice, and have fun!

(minimum 6 characters)

I can't believe this just happened! Spanking.....and Walmart......

Posted by   + Show Post

I really can't believe this just happened. So, here's the scene. My mother went with me to buy a bed rail because my youngest is rolling and we cosleep. So I am babywearing my youngest and my oldest is in the cart, both being really good and we go to check out.

The cashier was talking with the people in front of me about how more kids need to be spanked. I kept my mouth shut because I generally do not like confrontation.........but then when it was my turn to check out she started with me.

Cashier: "I was just talking to the people before you about how kids need to be spanked more."

Me: "I don't believe in spanking"

Cashier "What?!"

Me: "I don't believe in spanking"

Cashier: "Well then how are you going to punish your kids"

Me: "I don't use archaic methods"

Cashier "It's not archaic"

Lady behind me motions to husband "He loves being spanked"

Me: "Oh yeah, it's great now....but when you're a kid, no. Anyway, I wasn't spanked and I turned out fine"

Mother "Yeah, I talked to my kids"

Cashier: "There are going to be so many heathens, just heathens running around!"

It took all I had to leave.....and I'm sooo glad my kids were well behaved for all of that.

by on Jun. 10, 2012 at 6:01 PM
Replies (31-40):
Mommototwo
by on Jun. 10, 2012 at 6:52 PM

I really wish I had a shot of her face when I said it was archaic. Those blue eyelids when straight up to her forehead.

Momniscient
by Ruby Member on Jun. 10, 2012 at 6:53 PM
Don't care.
Posted on CafeMom Mobile
ColieO
by Ruby Member on Jun. 10, 2012 at 6:53 PM
Mmmmhmmmm.
Posted on CafeMom Mobile
Anonymous
by Anonymous on Jun. 10, 2012 at 6:55 PM
1 mom liked this

I spank and there are kids that need it and are heathens.

LizzieAnnesMom
by ☆Mrs.Winchester☆ on Jun. 10, 2012 at 6:56 PM

I would have spoken to his manager. It is not a cashiers job to tell the customers how to discipline their children.

funmommy123
by on Jun. 10, 2012 at 6:57 PM
Cool story dude
Posted on CafeMom Mobile
FutureSoccerM0m
by Platinum Member on Jun. 10, 2012 at 6:58 PM

Well I guess I am going to add this subject to the list of things I will not discuss with others.  Btw, politics is on that list.

Mommototwo
by on Jun. 10, 2012 at 7:02 PM

That's really pretty much it lol. It will just be known as "The day I realized people discuss this stuff in real life"

Quoting funmommy123:

Cool story dude

uriahadel
by Platinum Member on Jun. 10, 2012 at 7:06 PM
1 mom liked this
So what you are practically saying is that people who work for minimum wage can't possibly be good parents? They are probably better parents then you will ever be cause they don't have everything handed to them, and they work their butts off to take care of their families. You are a very ignorant person

Quoting BrandiGra:

Well honestly I don't go to Walmart for the simulation intellectual conversations. I also don't take childcare advice from clerks that work for minimum wage. Just sayin'.

Posted on CafeMom Mobile
uriahadel
by Platinum Member on Jun. 10, 2012 at 7:08 PM
I spank my kids and they listen and do as they are told even better then the parents who don't!!!
Posted on CafeMom Mobile
Add your quick reply below:
You must be a member to reply to this post.
Join the Meeting Place for Moms!
Talk to other moms, share advice, and have fun!

(minimum 6 characters)

Featured