Join the Meeting Place for Moms!
Talk to other moms, share advice, and have fun!

(minimum 6 characters)

Mom Confessions Mom Confessions

this is going to start a debate but. i think we come from apes.

Posted by   + Show Post

so you all will continue to call me crazy, and that's okay....i don't believe that we came from god, because i don't believe in him.

i've got this show on about mermaids, some will say they aren't real, and i'm just believing what i hear on tv...but watch it, and you will see why i am so freaked out right now....if these things are real, they are freaky looking, scared the living crap out of me....i mean if you actually watch and listen to the tv show, you will see where i am coming from.

it's a two hour show, but back in 2004-05, these boys were on the beach, and they found something, that looked like it had a hand...

just watch it.

it's called mermaids: a body found.

by on Jun. 11, 2012 at 4:05 AM
Replies (11-20):
littleacorn
by on Jun. 11, 2012 at 4:10 AM
2 moms liked this
Why are there wolves and dogs, or different breeds of dogs? Why are there toads AND frogs? Or different kinds of birds or turtles? Common ancestor, but different species adapted differently and can coexist.

Quoting Anonymous:

Saw the show, thought it was strange.

As for the ape thing. If we came from apes. Why are there still apes,monkeys etc??

Explain

Posted on CafeMom Mobile
ripemango
by Platinum Member on Jun. 11, 2012 at 4:11 AM
6 moms liked this

Humans are more closely related to modern apes than to monkeys, but we didn't evolve from apes, either. Humans share a common ancestor with modern African apes, like gorillas and chimpanzees. Scientists believe this common ancestor existed
5 to 8 million years ago. Shortly thereafter, the species diverged into two separate lineages. One of these lineages ultimately evolved into gorillas and chimps, and the other evolved into early human ancestors called hominids.

hth

I don't know where the sunbeams end and the starlights begin; it's all a mystery.

colbys_mom
by Silver Member on Jun. 11, 2012 at 4:11 AM
I want to believe god exsists and also believe we came from apes. Can I believe in both at the same time? And ya I do believe the mermaid thing. Have you seen some of the things that come from the deep?
Posted on CafeMom Mobile
Mom2Addison12
by on Jun. 11, 2012 at 4:11 AM

Quoting Anonymous:

As for the ape thing. If we came from apes. Why are there still apes,monkeys etc??

Explain

if you think about it, and actually sit and think about it......they were the only animals that walks s traight up on two legs..had skulls that look like ours and etc....just because we came from apes doesn't mean that they need to be gone.

also, they are right, we have webbed like hands and etc...in between toes and fingers they are webbed.

Piskie
by Silver Member on Jun. 11, 2012 at 4:12 AM
We didn't come from apes. We shared a common ancestor.
If dogs came from wolves, why are there still wolves?
There's no need for the ancestor species to die out or not continuing evolving.

Quoting Anonymous:

Explain

Posted on CafeMom Mobile
AnnieMcD
by on Jun. 11, 2012 at 4:12 AM
4 moms liked this

We do still evolve. Humans are changing every day. We are taller than we were even only 100 years ago. Organs that used to be necessary like the appendix are no longer needed at all. Other organs such as the spleen, tonsils, and gall bladder are still used by the body to a degree, but are easily lived without. 

Evolution is still happening. 

Quoting Lala06:

Why dont we still evolve? I believe in mermaids but i believe in god as well

littleacorn
by on Jun. 11, 2012 at 4:12 AM
We are still evolving. It just is a really long process which is why you don't see it.

Quoting Lala06:

Posted on CafeMom Mobile
ripemango
by Platinum Member on Jun. 11, 2012 at 4:13 AM

Humans are still evolving/changing over time.

Quoting Lala06:

I don't know where the sunbeams end and the starlights begin; it's all a mystery.

Mom2Addison12
by on Jun. 11, 2012 at 4:13 AM

Quoting colbys_mom:

I want to believe god exsists and also believe we came from apes. Can I believe in both at the same time? And ya I do believe the mermaid thing. Have you seen some of the things that come from the deep?

you can believe in whatever you want too...like i don't believe in god, but i do believe that when you die, you either go to a good play or a bad place.

Piskie
by Silver Member on Jun. 11, 2012 at 4:13 AM
2 moms liked this
The whole idea that evolution is somehow bad is pretty much just an American one. The rest of the world manages it fine.

Quoting colbys_mom:

Posted on CafeMom Mobile
Add your quick reply below:
You must be a member to reply to this post.
Join the Meeting Place for Moms!
Talk to other moms, share advice, and have fun!

(minimum 6 characters)

close Join now to connect to
other members!
Connect with Facebook or Sign Up Using Email

Already Joined? LOG IN