Join the Meeting Place for Moms!
Talk to other moms, share advice, and have fun!

(minimum 6 characters)

Mom Confessions Mom Confessions

Stop Inviting Your Kids Over My House, Cause I Am A SAHM

Anonymous
Posted by Anonymous
  • 158 Replies
7 moms liked this

I really don't get why people assume cause I am a sahm it is OK for their little darlings to come over after school to play with my poor un-socialized homeschool kids and why my family thinks it is OK to send their kids to my house for the summer. I live on a very tight income and do not have the money to feed other people's kids and I have my children all day long with no breaks why would I want more kids to deal with?
I am trying not to be bitchy but sometimes around 4 o'clock I like being able to do other tasks instead of entertainment other people's kids. My children are self sufficient. They don't need me to entertain them. I play with them a lot but for the most part they are content just playing with each other or by themselves. Instead I have kids asking me to help them with their homework or telling they are bored. I have became somewhat snarky and have told kids if they are bored than they should go home. I would just not let these kids in but I did that once and found out a mom left to the store locking her kid out the house. It hurt my heart cause I couldn't figure out why this kid was sitting on his front porch for ten minutes and when I realized what happen I felt terrible. It is a good thing I saw him on his porch, cause I do watch to make sure kids get home safely cause his mother was gone for two hours! I could never in my heart deny a kid a safe place to stay, but I think some parents don't give a fuck where their kids are as long as they aren't under their ass.
Now I am being told my niece will be down for the week to spend time with grandma. OK cool whatever, but when my mom told me that she will be spending time with her little cousins (my kids) while she is working I am furious. No one asked me if this was OK and I know I will not be getting paid for this. I keep hearing from my mom. Won't it be great to finally spend time with your niece... No mom it won't be great because I am neck high in debt, can't find a job and am pregnant. I am reading on FB how other family members are coming into town and can't wait for their LOs be able to play with my LOs. That sounds more like "I can't wait to be able to catch up with old friends and family while I leave my kids off on YOU for free to entertain and feed."

Maybe I am just being a hormonal psycho bitch, but I would like it if I wasn't herding a lot of children to the park, library and community center this summer.

Posted by Anonymous on Jun. 11, 2012 at 5:13 PM
Add your quick reply below:
You must be a member to reply to this post.
Replies (1-10):
Anonymous
by Anonymous 2 on Jun. 11, 2012 at 5:18 PM
3 moms liked this

My kid always goes and sees her friends and her friends come down to see if she can hang out. When it is time to eat I send the kids home if I don't want to deal with neighbor kids I tell them to go home (nicely of course) As for you becoming a family sitter that is what would piss me off. Tell them no. You don't have to say yes to anyone EVER even if it is family.

lnlsmommy
by on Jun. 11, 2012 at 5:19 PM
8 moms liked this
Sounds to me like u need to approach a few moms and say NO.... U should also call the relatives n let them kno that you are not a free babysitting service!!!
Posted on CafeMom Mobile
areyouatroll
by on Jun. 11, 2012 at 5:21 PM
6 moms liked this
Tell them hell no! And tell the other parents they need to ask before they leave their kids without supervision. I would've called the police.
Posted on CafeMom Mobile
skittlebeans88
by Platinum Member on Jun. 11, 2012 at 5:25 PM
This

Quoting areyouatroll:

Tell them hell no! And tell the other parents they need to ask before they leave their kids without supervision. I would've called the police.
Posted on CafeMom Mobile
Anonymous
by Anonymous - Original Poster on Jun. 11, 2012 at 5:27 PM

I told my mother no I could not take care of my niece for the week and she guilt tripped me. "Oh Ne I can't believe you would deny me the chance to spend time with D. You know how much I love my grandchildren and how I never get to see her." But I know even if I say no my niece will be knocking on my door at 7:30 in the morning and as soon as I open the door my mom is going to drive off. She has done this to me every year. 
My cousins will come, say hi and talk to me. Let their kids mingle with mine and then do a vanishing act. I will go to the bathroom or the kitchen and come back to no parents. I don't know any other family that does this.

Quoting Anonymous:

My kid always goes and sees her friends and her friends come down to see if she can hang out. When it is time to eat I send the kids home if I don't want to deal with neighbor kids I tell them to go home (nicely of course) As for you becoming a family sitter that is what would piss me off. Tell them no. You don't have to say yes to anyone EVER even if it is family.

areyouatroll
by on Jun. 11, 2012 at 5:30 PM
5 moms liked this
If they want to see you, then say "ok, we can meet at this park, or this mall..." That way they just can't ditch the kids, you leave first :)

And tell your mom no way in hell, if she drops her off you will call cps for an abandoned child.

Quoting Anonymous:

I told my mother no I could not take care of my niece for the week and she guilt tripped me. "Oh Ne I can't believe you would deny me the chance to spend time with D. You know how much I love my grandchildren and how I never get to see her." But I know even if I say no my niece will be knocking on my door at 7:30 in the morning and as soon as I open the door my mom is going to drive off. She has done this to me every year. 
My cousins will come, say hi and talk to me. Let their kids mingle with mine and then do a vanishing act. I will go to the bathroom or the kitchen and come back to no parents. I don't know any other family that does this.

Quoting Anonymous:

Posted on CafeMom Mobile
Anonymous
by Anonymous 2 on Jun. 11, 2012 at 5:31 PM
1 mom liked this

Thats why I don't talk to half of my moms side of the family. If you can't respect my boundaries then I have no place for you family or not. That is rude and you gotta put your foot down.

Quoting Anonymous:

Quoting Anonymous:

Anonymous
by Anonymous - Original Poster on Jun. 11, 2012 at 5:32 PM

I have called cps before cause I see little kids roaming the streets. I think I got myself into this predicament with my neighbors cause I would see little kids walking in the road and no parent in sight so I would invite them to play in the yard. I don't live in a very safe area. So like I said I don't think some of these parents care if there kids are taking or not.

Quoting areyouatroll:

areles
by on Jun. 11, 2012 at 5:35 PM
1 mom liked this

i don't think you're a hormonal psycho bitch at all.  this shit wouldn't stand with me for a moment.

bustybee
by Buzz Lightyear on Jun. 11, 2012 at 5:39 PM

blame the pregnancy and ask for money or offer to pick the kids up and just not show :)

Add your quick reply below:
You must be a member to reply to this post.
Join the Meeting Place for Moms!
Talk to other moms, share advice, and have fun!

(minimum 6 characters)