Join the Meeting Place for Moms!
Talk to other moms, share advice, and have fun!

(minimum 6 characters)

Mom Confessions Mom Confessions

Stop Inviting Your Kids Over My House, Cause I Am A SAHM

Posted by Anonymous   + Show Post

I really don't get why people assume cause I am a sahm it is OK for their little darlings to come over after school to play with my poor un-socialized homeschool kids and why my family thinks it is OK to send their kids to my house for the summer. I live on a very tight income and do not have the money to feed other people's kids and I have my children all day long with no breaks why would I want more kids to deal with?
I am trying not to be bitchy but sometimes around 4 o'clock I like being able to do other tasks instead of entertainment other people's kids. My children are self sufficient. They don't need me to entertain them. I play with them a lot but for the most part they are content just playing with each other or by themselves. Instead I have kids asking me to help them with their homework or telling they are bored. I have became somewhat snarky and have told kids if they are bored than they should go home. I would just not let these kids in but I did that once and found out a mom left to the store locking her kid out the house. It hurt my heart cause I couldn't figure out why this kid was sitting on his front porch for ten minutes and when I realized what happen I felt terrible. It is a good thing I saw him on his porch, cause I do watch to make sure kids get home safely cause his mother was gone for two hours! I could never in my heart deny a kid a safe place to stay, but I think some parents don't give a fuck where their kids are as long as they aren't under their ass.
Now I am being told my niece will be down for the week to spend time with grandma. OK cool whatever, but when my mom told me that she will be spending time with her little cousins (my kids) while she is working I am furious. No one asked me if this was OK and I know I will not be getting paid for this. I keep hearing from my mom. Won't it be great to finally spend time with your niece... No mom it won't be great because I am neck high in debt, can't find a job and am pregnant. I am reading on FB how other family members are coming into town and can't wait for their LOs be able to play with my LOs. That sounds more like "I can't wait to be able to catch up with old friends and family while I leave my kids off on YOU for free to entertain and feed."

Maybe I am just being a hormonal psycho bitch, but I would like it if I wasn't herding a lot of children to the park, library and community center this summer.

Posted by Anonymous on Jun. 11, 2012 at 5:13 PM
Replies (11-20):
Anonymous
by Anonymous 3 on Jun. 11, 2012 at 5:40 PM
I go through the same thing:( my neighbor is never home when her daughter gets home from school. The other problem I have is always having to get there packages
Cantthinkofone3
by Member on Jun. 11, 2012 at 5:41 PM

BUMP!

notjstasocermom
by Emerald Member on Jun. 11, 2012 at 5:41 PM
2 moms liked this

not sure whats so difficult about sending the kids home? just tell them no.

vanityrayne
by on Jun. 11, 2012 at 5:42 PM
1 mom liked this
You need a break momma
Posted on CafeMom Mobile
hismommy2010
by on Jun. 11, 2012 at 5:42 PM

Then you need to speak up, and talk to the parents....

Off the topic, but are you the one teaching your kids?

Because you spelling & grammar are both terrible. Sorry, no dis-respect intended....

Fistandantalus
by on Jun. 11, 2012 at 5:43 PM
Unconscionable. You could hand these people bills for your services as Child Wrangler and food and gas costs. Not that you'll see a dime but it'll send a clear message.
RLT2
1 mom liked this

I'm a stay at home mom too, and people think I'm a free babysittng service too-I got caller ID, best money I ever spent!

DemeterMystic

I wouldn't like to be treated like this either. You aren't psycho, but I think you're letting people walk all over you. Tell them no. An excellent excuse might be that you need your rest since you're pregnant. At the very least, if someone doesn't take no for an answer make them pay you for watching their kids and feeding them.

Diva-Mami
by Silver Member on Jun. 11, 2012 at 5:46 PM
1 mom liked this
You are better than me. I would not care about the,neighbor kid sat on his porch cuz his momma didnt. She shoukd have asked if you could watch him. Same thing with the family. If they dont ask and supply food or money for food they would be stuck outta luck.
Posted on CafeMom Mobile
olliesmommy2
by Metal Awareness on Jun. 11, 2012 at 5:47 PM

I know it can be hard, but you cant let people push you around. Say no and mean it. If you dont allow them to drop their kids off, then they will have to find other means of childcare. How long has it been going on? It sounds like if no one askes, they assume its ok, because you havent told them no, or maybe they dont hear you say no. If thats the case, yell it next time.

Add your quick reply below:
You must be a member to reply to this post.
Join the Meeting Place for Moms!
Talk to other moms, share advice, and have fun!

(minimum 6 characters)

close Join now to connect to
other members!
Connect with Facebook or Sign Up Using Email

Already Joined? LOG IN