Join the Meeting Place for Moms!
Talk to other moms, share advice, and have fun!

(minimum 6 characters)

Mom Confessions Mom Confessions

To all of you women using reusable pads or tampons..*update.

Posted by Anonymous   + Show Post
FUCKING NASTY!!! How the hell do you keep those things clean? Yuck, I get you're trying to save money or being green but damn....that's gross :S

**update
i'm getting the divacup.
Posted by Anonymous on Jun. 12, 2012 at 1:04 AM
Replies (41-50):
razmatazthespaz
by on Jun. 12, 2012 at 1:17 AM
1 mom liked this

it's medical grade silicone for the diva cup and very easy to get clean.....

Anonymous
by Anonymous 6 on Jun. 12, 2012 at 1:18 AM
Thanks!!

Quoting Bitchess:

http://menstrual-cups.livejournal.com/

Here ya go! This will have all kinds of info, including if you have a slanted cervix. Also there are many other brands besides Diva, which is the largest on the market.

Quoting Anonymous:

The diva cup!? :) I've totally been wanting to try it but worried Bc I've been told I had a slanted cervix :(

Quoting Bitchess:

It's not nasty at all, and much smarter way to go. I adore my reusable menstrual cup and it's been the greatest investment ever.  And you are able to wash these and let them air dry, plus they come in a breathable fabric bag to keep them in when not in use. I seriously do wonder what would happen if something catastrophic happened and all ladies had to start using resuable menstrual products? Would ya'll die? 

And if anyone is interested I can PM a link to a site that offers information about these products.

littleacorn
by on Jun. 12, 2012 at 1:18 AM
Must be nice to be rich. Personally, I can't afford to throw away money. I've been using the same cloth pads, made by hand from an old flannel sheet for more than 8 years. How do I get them clean? I wash them. Duh.

Quoting Anonymous:

Well I'd much rather "throw away" my money. And my vagina is happy too.

Quoting LucyMom08:

At least I have a happy vagina and I'm not literally throwing money down the drain...

Posted on CafeMom Mobile
Bitchess

Quoting poietes:

I bought one but it keeps going up into me and leaking no matter what I do. I was so excited to and wanted it to work so bad.

Quoting Anonymous:

The diva cup!? :) I've totally been wanting to try it but worried Bc I've been told I had a slanted cervix :(

Quoting Bitchess:

It's not nasty at all, and much smarter way to go. I adore my reusable menstrual cup and it's been the greatest investment ever.  And you are able to wash these and let them air dry, plus they come in a breathable fabric bag to keep them in when not in use. I seriously do wonder what would happen if something catastrophic happened and all ladies had to start using resuable menstrual products? Would ya'll die? 

And if anyone is interested I can PM a link to a site that offers information about these products.

Daisypath Anniversary tickers

dollysvlog

you mean these http://www.divacup.com/  http://lunapads.com/

I am considering the diva cup...  but if your no comfortable with your body's menstrual cycle... dont use them...to each their own.

Elly219
by Gold Member on Jun. 12, 2012 at 1:19 AM

i didnt know they made reusable tampons!

laranadtony
by Ruby Member on Jun. 12, 2012 at 1:19 AM

Quoting Anonymous:

You don't bleed on your underwear, Einstein.

Quoting Salsacookies:

It's no different than using the same underwear over again or a cloth diaper. You wash it and then it's clean and you wear them again or do you wear them once and throw them away? A washing machine and detergent does wonders.

Have not known anyone going through perimenopause,I am guessing?Because you DO bleeon on your underwear.

Don't sweat the petty things;Don't pet the sweaty things!

Kitsun
by Ruby Member on Jun. 12, 2012 at 1:19 AM
Then you've never had a heavy flow? It does happen. Thats why I have some granny panties, just in case, always wear them on my period

Quoting Anonymous:

Quoting Salsacookies:

It's no different than using the same underwear over again or a cloth diaper. You wash it and then it's clean and you wear them again or do you wear them once and throw them away? A washing machine and detergent does wonders.

Posted on CafeMom Mobile
Anonymous
by Anonymous - Original Poster on Jun. 12, 2012 at 1:19 AM
No & no. Maybe a little spotting but not soaked. And yes, I do throw out the spotted ones. And discharge, again, it doesn't soak your undies. If they do, then you're not showering/ changing enough.

Quoting Salsacookies:

really. you've never leaked or had a horribly heavy first day out of nowhere or started in the middle of the night? even still, your vag still produces discharge and that gets on your underwear. you wash them and then reuse them. what's the big deal?

Quoting Anonymous:

Quoting Salsacookies:

Bitchess
by on Jun. 12, 2012 at 1:20 AM

NP :D Good Luck!

Quoting Anonymous:

Thanks!!

Quoting Bitchess:

Here ya go! This will have all kinds of info, including if you have a slanted cervix. Also there are many other brands besides Diva, which is the largest on the market.

Quoting Anonymous:

Quoting Bitchess:

Daisypath Anniversary tickers

Add your quick reply below:
You must be a member to reply to this post.
Join the Meeting Place for Moms!
Talk to other moms, share advice, and have fun!

(minimum 6 characters)